Chris: ALT-F4 LEGIT STRAT

"
Zanixx wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
Why are there so many player crying about how OTHER PLAYERS PLAY? Please GGG don't give into these players that are concerned about how other players play. 'It's not fair that I don't do this but other players can.' These player are the destroyers of games.

I have seen hate on Sporkers, summoners, IIR/IIQ, Alt-F4, monitor size, full game wipes, these are just off the top of my head. I am tired of a small vocal group of players claiming they speak for everyone, getting mad about other players play styles. I am sure that most gamers never post on the forums and are not concerned with how other players play.

Please don't give in to these control freaks that have destroyed other games. Once you give in and change what they are currently crying about, they will always find new play styles that other players are doing to cry about.

It is not about about the current issue about how other players are playing, it is that they want to control other peoples lives and are using any means they can find to do so. If they don't like Alt-F4, noting is forcing them to use it, yet them cry about OTHER player, most of whom they will nave know or play with. That is a big red flag not to listen when someone is concerned with how someone else plays within the rules of the game...

+1

Its so sad to see these players caring so much about how others play.
It really is as simple as: If you don't like it, don't do it.

Alt+F4 is the same as self-found in the way that you can impose your own rule on its use. Why would you ever ever ever care that another play F4'd or exited... enjoy the game and stop trying to find something to whinge about.

Alt+F4 has been around for so long in ARPG's, it would be weird without it. Even though I've exited once ever from the game and didnt even do it in time :=/

Think how bad these forums would be if no one could use it and all the HC players died from desync.

Can't agree more. I am not a fan of alt+f4, or even exit+logout in combat, anyway it happens I use it. But in most cases it's because I have to close the game quickly for IRL reasons, not to avoid death... If I had to order reasons for me to use "Instant log out" (not really instant):

IRL reasons > lag, mobs not moving, flasks w/o effects near a big pack of mobs OR merely obvious big desync in a dangerous situation > avoid death.

To be honest losing a high level char because of technical reaons + the fact you can't log out is unfair, pointless, boring...

"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
Fun idea:

When GGG gets around to having paid leagues, somebody should sponsor a league with the following rules:
1) Hardcore
2) 30 second log-out timer
3) When you die, your character is auto-deleted
4) Portals are disabled in boss rooms + you cannot take a portal while there is a monster within 1 screen of you

Then invite all the people on the forums who have at least 1 whine* post about: Desync, death penalties, alt-f4, "babycore", "scrubcore", etc. and see how long they last.

No offense, but this is the worst idea I have ever seen. D3 has something like that, 10 sec in which u can't move/do anything before you log out, can't tp in boss instance etc... That sucked, not even talking about the game.

Diablo 3 is not Hc player friendly because of these useless added rules, which basically make you dead if you get disconnected, prevent you from loging out quickly (even to TP you had a stupid delay) for IRL reasons (telephone ringing ? oh wait I can't, I am playing, just 2 min so I can log out safely // unexpected guy at your doorstep ? You need like 1-2 min to open you door... the cat drops your coffee on your laps ?
Well, there are tons of reasons that would require you to log out withnin few sec.
We are real people, in real homes, eating real food... not pure minds playing.

In nowdays life you can't play 1 hour a row without beeing interrupted by something: cellphone, your younger sister, your fucknig cat trying to eat your internet wires (true story again), the delivery boy at your doorstep...
=> fast log out option is not a Non-Hardcore tool, it's just an option needed for most players.

Anyway I do respect the wish of some people here to have a more' HC league, still I can't help myself to think that you could do it by yourself:
1) Hardcore -> Check
2) log out timer: just wait 30 or anytime that sounds fair to you / never use Alt+F4, Exit+logout... -> Check
3) Auto-deleted char after death: you delete them manually -> check
4) No tp in boss rooms/ can't take a tp in combat : just do not take any tp even if you are bound to die -> Check

All these rules remind me Diablo 3 (this is not a compliment), and I must say I am really glad GGG hasn't added such rules. I hope GGG will never do that.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Oct 10, 2013, 9:41:10 AM
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Jason_GGG on Oct 10, 2013, 9:46:41 AM
Okay, this is really disappointing. I always thought alt-f4 was allowed for technical reasons. And now it turns out it is intended that it works.

Well, at least all of the one-shotting gear checks make perfect sense now :-(
"
johnKeys wrote:

but the problem I see with Chris acknowledging this gameplay method, is they might actually balance the game around it - thereby screwing me over.

and if you think any complaint against ALTF4 is illegitimate, or go as far as call people complaining "scrubs" - you make a bad name to HC players everywhere.

damn, I need another glass.

This is what I tried getting at in the beginning, and what should be the true topic at hand.

It just keeps devolving into HC vs SC though.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

but the problem I see with Chris acknowledging this gameplay method, is they might actually balance the game around it - thereby screwing me over.

and if you think any complaint against ALTF4 is illegitimate, or go as far as call people complaining "scrubs" - you make a bad name to HC players everywhere.

damn, I need another glass.

This is what I tried getting at in the beginning, and what should be the true topic at hand.

It just keeps devolving into HC vs SC though.

They aren't balancing the game around it. Learn how to read and stop putting words in their mouths. You aren't getting "screwed over."

If you don't use Alt+F4 that is fine. Keep it up. But there are a lot of technical reasons for its inclusion.

You need like six more glasses.

And this has nothing to do with SC vs. HC. Alt+F4 should work in all leagues. Desyncs, Lag, losing internet connection, emergency in real life - I should be able to account for all of these things, and luckily, I can.
Team Won
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ggnorekthx wrote:

And this has nothing to do with SC vs. HC. Alt+F4 should work in all leagues. Desyncs, Lag, losing internet connection, emergency in real life - I should be able to account for all of these things, and luckily, I can.

I disagree, there's a good reason why alt+f4 doesn't work in cutthroat. CHRIS GIBE PERMA CUTTHROAT PLS.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
its actually very very simple:

if the game allows a quick save exit from a dangerous situation, and this feature is supported by the devs, the game isnt hardcore.

plain and simple.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Given that there are so many things in this game that can potentially one-shot you, not using "quick exit" seems almost foolish.

I don't agree with GGG's philosophy here, but condemning people for using alt-f4 (or logout) when even the game developers admit that they have designed the game in a way to sometimes force players to logout seems... absolutely unfair.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Jackel6672 wrote:

So it seems we might be misinterpreting what was written then? It came off as boss fights were balanced knowing that we may AltF4 out of there. So it allowed the use of spike damage in a more liberal way. Turning it into a game mechanic more so than a way for some easy cheese.

If this is not the case, I take back all of my posts lol.

Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there.

We also balance knowing players will never Alt-F4, or portal out, and want to be able to win that fight fairly.

We balance knowing that players will play solo.

We balance knowing they'll only ever do that fight rushed.

We balance knowing that players are only there for the loot.

We balance knowing that players are only there for a good challenge.

Maybe in the coming release but up till now that is a HUGE FAIL

Not for me and im a lvl 81 melee witch doing high lvl maps. Only fail here seems to be you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info