We players want an auction house

"
vixien wrote:
No, "We" players don't. In future topics, please leave me out of your over generalized statements. Thank you.

This.

Improved trading maybe. Auction house...no.
Standard Forever
They should have little booths to rent in the marketplace where people could set up shop and hang out waiting for offers as people browse their wares in special "items for trade" stash tabs. Let monsters respawn there so people have to fight them off while browsing. It'd be like a real flea market.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Hmm, seems like a lot of people ate this thread up.

First of all, I'm a HUGE fan of GGG. This is my favorite game, it's not even close. I post on the forums all the time, and none of it is QQ.

That being said....

I would approve of an Auction House.

Listen, in my opinion, the Auction House didn't ruin D3. The poor itemization did. Upgrades were obvious in that game. There was no diversity, you just upgraded the same stats with higher numbers.. for EVERY CLASS.

There is a lot more use for a much higher range of items in this game.

And honestly, they can limit it anyway they want. Maybe they only let you put 2-3 items up a time. Maybe they limit to how much you can buy. Maybe they don't limit anything. Either way, I don't believe an Auction House would ruin PoE. It would allow for more players to engage in trading and get a better idea of the economy. A lot more mid-tier would be moved, and I think more time would be spent "playing the game" then "playing trade chat" or "quitting because can't progress"

I'm not saying it has to be one way or the other, but would it be really that terrible if people could at least "buy-out" what you have for sale when you're offline, to accommodate playtime and timezone differences?
The Russell Wilson Era
Last edited by Mikekowa on Oct 3, 2013, 3:30:27 PM
No.
Ign: FillyRampage / FillyJetstream / FillyOctavia
MLP 4 Life
It is my pleasure.
"
MadBro_ wrote:
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
vixien wrote:
No, "We" players don't. In future topics, please leave me out of your over generalized statements. Thank you.
deez
An easy fix would be a mail-box system, where if you pay a b/o to the shopkeeper true the
mail-box, the item is send to your stash. That way people could play on, while selling items for b/o. It would also fix an issue with the time-zones people are in and the issue that a lot of players are away from poe ore simply have taken a brake, while there shops remain online.

While i am against a AH, i am for improvements to the current trading system, like mentioned before PoE is suppose to be an ARPG. Not a TRPG.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
keep up good replies and u will get a quote to first page!
"
ibase wrote:
keep up good replies and u will get a quote to first page!

lol
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Here is your quote OP..

"D3 has given up on using an auction house for good reason."

/thread.
Standard Forever
The trade chat is too spammy that's for sure. My suggestion would be a shop feature where you type in someones account or player name and it brings up a tab like a stash tab with buyout prices for the items. Perhaps they could micro-transaction more shop tabs to help support the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info