We players want an auction house

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

This is the idea Chris is going with. However, at MAX, expect 1 free trade tab.

I completely disagree with the ability to purchase more of these trade tabs.

Why?
Hi

The option should be there to purchase more trade stash tabs but they should equally be dirt cheap or perhaps the trading stash tab is unlimited in space?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

This is the idea Chris is going with. However, at MAX, expect 1 free trade tab.

I completely disagree with the ability to purchase more of these trade tabs.

Why?

Because I feel like the arguement for P2W would rise once again from the grave. My current stance on P2W tabs (they aren't IMO) is that they don't really provide you anything that you can't already do for free, such as use all character slots to mule items or create an alternate account and shuffle items back in forth.

Giving a player the ability to sell more items if they pay real money is an advantage, one that with your suggestion could be purchased.

There is a very fine line when it comes to MTX and where I feel a line could be crossed, stick to cosmetic and QoL MTX instead of something like what you are suggesting.

As for unlimited trade space, no part of the whole idea of trading is you pick and choose what is worth selling or not (and for how much). Simply listing everything for sell in an automated fashion takes away the foundation of an economy driven, barter based, player interaction trade system.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 14, 2015, 1:29:12 PM

Irrelevant. You can already pay to win in this game. Adding an AH that is in game for in game items would keep normal players off the 3rd party sites.

Its one thing for "joe everyguy" to go to the in game ah looking for a legit trade, then doing it, another for that guy to go to the websites then realize that item that's going to cost 4 months worth of orbs can just be bought for $15.

this 3rd party AH system puts RMT far too close to legit AH. Keep it in game and keep the normal people off the websites. Youll never stop RMT for those who seek it, but you can at least take that temptation away from the normal class of players.
just for try, for see and for know
"

Its one thing for "joe everyguy" to go to the in game ah looking for a legit trade, then doing it, another for that guy to go to the websites then realize that item that's going to cost 4 months worth of orbs can just be bought for $15.

this 3rd party AH system puts RMT far too close to legit AH. Keep it in game and keep the normal people off the websites. Youll never stop RMT for those who seek it, but you can at least take that temptation away from the normal class of players.

I really get the whole "Trading is such a pain, might as well make money off of it."
Maybe GGG are the ones running the RMT, that would explain why trading sucks so much in POE.
"
Irrelevant. You can already pay to win in this game.

Except there really isn't anything to win and you aren't paying GGG anything if you RMT items from a website. Saying that people already do it might as well have GGG make money off of it is just ignorant thinking.

RMT is RMT, right now it is highly fround upon and ban-able, saying that GGG should support it because they can't fight it isn't the right thinking either.

As for @paxmilitaris do you always where a tin foil hat?

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Irrelevant. You can already pay to win in this game.

Except there really isn't anything to win and you aren't paying GGG anything if you RMT items from a website. Saying that people already do it might as well have GGG make money off of it is just ignorant thinking.

RMT is RMT, right now it is highly fround upon and ban-able, saying that GGG should support it because they can't fight it isn't the right thinking either.

As for @paxmilitaris do you always where a tin foil hat?

Can you read? Do you understand english?
By your post i must assume that the answer is no to at least one of those 2 questions.

He never said GGG was making money or that they should support it. He said the opposite of that actually. Having an unusable in game trading system is what pushes people to go outside the game for trading and it's outside the game that RMT takes place. Fixing the In Game trading system wouldn't stop RMT, but at least it wouldn't drive all casual players to use RMT websites.

No, i don't wear a tin foil hat. I just gave a plausible explanation why GGG refuses to fix In Game trading.
People say it would ruin the economy, but as far as i'm concerned there is NO economy in POE because trading is nearly impossible. I've been given more stuff by players then i've managed to trade for. I don't do RMT because i don't have money and that's probably also why GGG doesn't give a fuck what i think.
You can already list every piece of junk you find if you have the tabs. That part remains unchanged. If you pay the coin, you can put every single drop you find up to trade.

While I do see where you're coming from, effectively, there is no difference from the current tabs and trade tabs when it comes to the whole P2W debate.

Just because things are up for sale, doesn't mean they sell.
"
You can already list every piece of junk you find if you have the tabs. That part remains unchanged. If you pay the coin, you can put every single drop you find up to trade.

That is the problem, if you PAY you can list everything, unlike the current system where everyone can list ALL the tabs they have, including inventories of characters if they wanted.

"
While I do see where you're coming from, effectively, there is no difference from the current tabs and trade tabs when it comes to the whole P2W debate.

Except there is, this pay for trade tabs does push it across the line.

"
Just because things are up for sale, doesn't mean they sell.

Understandable. However right now I am confortable telling new players you dont have to spend money in order to have fun and do well (because of mules and stuff) but if you could only trade 1 tab worth of stuff unless you BUY a tab specifically for trading I couldn't tell players that. That would be a clear advantage to those that pay the money to list more items.

@paxmilitaris you must have mis understood the point I was trying to make. As for driving casual players being drawn to RMT sites that won't ever be "fixed" some players have much more money then they do time, so for them grinding dominus for a week in order to buy 1 item isn't valid, spending 1/2 days pay is.

The only thing an automated trade system would "fix" is lazy players that don't want to put forth the effort to sell the items they find.

The current system obviously works and has been working and improved (mainly from 3rd party sites), but could use some further improvements and QoL things. People complain that some of the tools aren't in game, THAT APPLIES TO PRETTY MUCH EVERY GAME EVER, 3rd parties are able to be VERY specific to what players want. The other part of the logic is why invest resources into replacing something the COMMUNITY ALREADY DOES?

QoL features that can apply not only to trading but other aspects of the game such as, last online, an afk message if character hasn't moved (simply state character has been afk for "time hasn't moved here" with a threshold of 5 min or so. Stuff like this is what GGG should be working on, NOT implementing a solution for lazy players.

FeelsBadMan

I wish poe would just implement a new trade system.It would make the game more enjoyable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info