I Dont Understand Your Logic In This GGG

"
On the subject of crit damage and reflect.

When one crits a reflective mob, does your own crit defense come into the scenario when it is applying damage back to your character?

if you fight elemental reflect mobs, the damage that is reflected back to you is mitigated by your resists.

if you fight physical reflect mobs, the damage that is reflected back to you is mitigated by your damage reduction. (armour)

the more you crit, the more damage you're likely to receive in return, that's how it works. There's no crit defense unfortunately :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Some passives give critical multiplier reduction. I think that's what he meant by "critical defense".
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
I'm talking about Enemy critical strike modifier reduction nodes. "15% less extra damage from critical strikes"

is the damage reflected off of a critical - considered to be a critical on its way back?

looks like critical defense to me.

Ah that's what u meant. Well from the wording it would seem that it reduces the crit damage dealt to you by mobs. When you crit mobs though, the damage reflected back (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is probably recognized by the game as a flat damage value rather than the mob dealing you crit dmg
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
TPxErebus wrote:
Oh the irony that the most op built (guess what groundslam marauder) is no crit built...in fact never crit but always hit through resolute technique is far more broken! ( it gives like 10%-20% more total dps to no crit builts and with just one skillpoint you are able to get rid of any accuracy problems on items / passives)

A crit build does more DPS than GS

So it does more DPS than GS built...right, i never said anything else!
But GS builts are pretty safe / tanky with a lot of life and armor, long stuns over Range in AoE and resistances...(BloodMagic Marauder standard built) whereas almost every crit relying built is very squishy with much higher risks...they need to get good movement skills or -speed play ranged or kill all the monsters very fast to survive.

Just watch the recent ladder...top places are like ~50% Marauders with 2h maces --> seems like they do enough damage to progress fast and safe.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Read it wrong. My apologies.

I would expect the ladder to change to more more witches later on. They're slower in the beginning. But that's another topic.

I would like to know why they increased though.
so because i dont play right now i cant keep up with the changes in the game?
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
I suppose with the crit buffs + increased resistance penalty + elemental reflect, leads to a high risk high damage output build; is the underlying principle behind this. Those people who go for "offense is the best defense" builds will be in for a (fatal) shock. You can also hit enemies offscreen too, so be prepared for surprises.

Maybe the terrain should also include enemy elemental and physical reflect aura totems? Haven't seen them around.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info