0.9.12r Patch Notes

"
pneuma wrote:
Anyone else in parties seeing other players stop showing animations? They just appear to be standing still and every now and then they teleport forward.

Might just be some severe desync with the server getting overloaded right now.

We'll look into this, but it's definitely not the servers getting overloaded with only 600 people online :)

Do you have any examples of character names that it has occurred with? (The ones that stop moving)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Anyone else in parties seeing other players stop showing animations? They just appear to be standing still and every now and then they teleport forward.

We'll look into this, but it's definitely not the servers getting overloaded with only 600 people online :)

Do you have any examples of character names that it has occurred with? (The ones that stop moving)

Was in a party of myself and two others:
- Cactuar (me)
- Solthanasia
- ArcReactor

First happened to Sol (myself and Arc saw him teleporting around and things dying around him, he saw nothing out of the ordinary) in Rocky Ledge.

Then in Upper Prison/Warden's it happened to both Arc and myself (so I saw Arc teleporting, Arc saw me teleporting, and Sol saw both of us teleporting).

Then Brutus was horribly weird and desync'd everywhere, then we crashed with the error that 0.9.12r fixed and called it for the night.

All low level, for skills: mara with split/poison arrow, 2h witch with firestorm and zomberts, and witch with FP and EK.

EDIT: This should technically be 0.9.12qq feedback since it wasn't done in 0.9.12r.
Last edited by pneuma on Oct 9, 2012, 4:23:58 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

I experienced that same "teleport-movement" problem during the last 3-hour turbo ladder race. First time I'd ever seen it. Then the following day I had it happen again. Both times playing HC in a 2 person party with the second person being my wife. Since we have identical PC's and 'net connection, I too thought it must be a server issue.

I will post more if I see the problem again

PS - dang! Didn't even get to try out qq... ;)

Edit: sorry for clogging up the patch notes, Chris. If it happens again, I'll post in the bug reports forum...
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
Last edited by Geldric on Oct 9, 2012, 9:52:49 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

This happened to me and my hunting partner as well. My character name in this case is Lluthian and his is Cleagan. We would be going through a zone and then suddenly it would look to me like he was attempting to get an award at the standing there olympics, but then suddenly he'd be doing things. Later on at some point he said it looked to him like I was just standing around, but then he saw mobs dying and loot disappearing.

Before I saw someone else with this issue I assumed it might be something bad happening with our internet connection. Please let us know if you figure anything out. =)
Happened to me as well and not only today. As someone has already mentioned I think I had the first case few days ago.
"
Chris wrote:

This also happened to me a few days ago in the 0.9.12p patch. The character who was standing still was Ariadnew. On my screen she would be standing still until she had moved about 1 screen of distance, at which point she would disappear and reappear at her new location. It was like the server was not updating me on what she was doing unless she moved far enough. I would not see her attacking or taking any actions, just standing still until her position updated again. The problem corrected itself when we both went into the next zone. (we had been in ship graveyard and moved to coves)

It reminded me of a "desync" issue from another online game: Dead Frontier. That game has severe issues with synchronization. Sometimes players are displayed in completely different locations on your screen than where they really are in the game. Basically it's as if the 2 players become out of sync and until you relog or enter the next zone.
Last edited by Axebane on Oct 9, 2012, 9:30:00 AM
"
pneuma wrote:

This has happened to me and my mate a couple of times over the last 2 days, i never saw this before until two days ago.
"
Chris wrote:

This happened with my gf and I a couple nights ago.

Also happened with my friend and I last night.

I don't remember which characters we were on.
After this patch don't work Alt + Tab in fullscreen mode.
Anyone else have this problem?
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
"
Chris wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

This is a big problem in p/qq/r, more info:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52876

Happened to our entire DemiDaWGz_ party in the last race and was really confusing. Western Forest

I have seen the same thing happen with bosses/yellows, usually Brutus -- he attacks you but looks like he is standing still. Effectively you are getting attacked by an invisible force and it is rather punishing when this happens.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Oct 9, 2012, 3:33:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info