Viable Armourless Evasionless Melee Brawler?

Been trying to think what would be able to utilize my shield that I designed the utmost.

Neo Philosophy:
So it came down to needing, a mainhand weapon, a shield, high amount of ES to utilize it, High block, and leech.

Class:
Well thats all over on that side of the tree, near shadow. So it seemed like a no brainer.

Skills:
So my main skills would be, Double strike, Tempest shield, and Shield Charge.

Equip:
Use a powerful claw in my main hand, my Kiteshield in my offhand, and Full ES gear otherwise with focus on Leech, and Maximum ES, and some resistances.

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBNrhKMGPyeo-dZRiliAlmJS-jDIP7PiOocKt4krdArboakGuPMOlmEou_Ct-HnkkH5OiDI8cfYR8N8GAF4MEXIEIlWQtTSrmc_bT8ebFXjNW2s_HtxCX6OCKryuhtBxL5x0GqlvfFZjGODS0K3eLIJjjAjPGN0HO6c4x7kWNH-h6MKoh2UY1KKsMVB9BZdN6qu1XlSPMQbvfjWEjWe8LQtlbSYmpZI8GtpF7hoXPPFqUhrvC16G2vF_cjILm7jPTnT0NZfTmWlmuwHEZeHAEBnUpWkoAMHcavSwyGuuPsvFj1clBI-UMcVcg5MAFjOr_InMVEzam_B2JNM76rdwAWCT-eX029IbtWzcpmY0lHOJwHJsqWFs0jlLsCUjQ1ASd2X9NDhR6ZXpnUkxN49_CnwrhW15eyIUh6bDQWUqSYTeL-_H8OY_L3o5Y6prTF21VCgM030FqxDsNesvjcNbUq6xEO6MtLEvqpnCM8rA==

Why:

A self sustained build, that relies on a shield largely for defense, and resistances, and to stay alive, along with attacking to maintain ES values. I debated on Vaal pact but figured it wasn't worth it. Another large item I have my eye on is the Cannot be stunned as I'll be in the middle of all monsters.
Last edited by Neokolzia on Oct 8, 2012, 12:56:46 PM
I don't really see why it must be armourless. Also I don't see a big synergy between claws and your way of being defensive.

Stone of Lazhwar is a must have, I guess. I'd rather think about a tempest shield / molten shell combo, which is pretty much what we have seen in a build of the week.

Why molten shell? First tempest shield is obvious, but molten shell als benefits from +25% elemental damage on the shield, what does not really help your claw build. If you want to stick to 1H-melee, I'm sure elemental damage with fast attacking is better than a claw.
But with molten shell you will highly benefit from good tanking. Armour and blocking counts as prevented damage so molten shell will trigger faster. Armour also pushes the quotient "received damage / ES replenished" below 1. As well as energy shield does.

A possible Skill Tree for a molten shell, tempest shield and massive ES.
http://www.roadatlas.eu
i think your shield would complement my build nicely actually. just that no one has found said shield yet.

Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info