Another Rant about Reflect Damage

Does anyone else feel that the boosting dmg output of these effects in the last few patches has been complete lunacy?

In my opinion you have an already broken mechanic--

the only effect in the game that can make a lvl 1 mob with no offensive capability whatsoever have the effect of criting your character for 2000+ dmg when it's not even visible on the screen.

--and not only do you increase it's radius aura of effect, but also it's potential damage output, in the last few patches.

Simply equals GGG fail.

Couple all that that garbage within the overarching issue of the excessively steep hill of getting experience in this game (the brick wall of high level maps and experience falloff). And to reiterate what people have harped on millions of times--the absurd penalty of 15% experience loss.

GGG has effectively bitch slapped and phys+ele dmg builds to the ground with the worst combinations of bad game design and poorly thought out patches.

Because as it is, with max resists, high% life leech I effectively have the only character in the game, that can kill itself -- nullifying 10+ hours of gaming on mobs that are not even visible on the screen.

There is no set of mechanics in the game that can even compare to the sheer crap stuffed into the mouth of a phys+ele build. It's a pointed and clear bias of the game creators. Simply put, GGG hates these build types and does not want them to advance with any sort of equal capacity.
God I hate that mod.

My ranger usually dies before I even see the boss that had it. One shot, 2 screens away, BOOM.
Ahh... reminds me of d3 forums lol... don't build glass cannons? If you do more damage than health+mitigation+life leech, effectively 'one shotting' yourself, maybe the problem is on your end, not the game design?

I know one thing for sure, which is that reflect damage is sure doing its job- preventing glass cannon builds. Drop some dps and get some survivability nodes/gear. Or you know... just complain about it on the forums. Your choice :P
FFA loot=Single player MMOARPG. GGG please consider a change.
Reflect mobs are no problem. Physical reflect? Chug a granite flask. Elemental reflect? Chug a flask of your elemental damage(s). If u're doing enough damage to one shot yourself from reflect, I'm sure u'll kill that rare without killing urself with this method within the flasks' duration. Or, get more defense/resists and stop focusing on max damage
For those above...elemental reflect is a huge issue. And no, my character is not glass cannon. I have nearly 3k life and my resists are 75% Fire/Lightning with 50% Cold. I do almost no Cold damage...mostly fire/lightning. I have one-shotted myself at least 20-30 times since these changes were made. My character is level 75, so each time this happens I lose hours of time.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 6, 2012, 5:17:00 PM
So I'm just curious, of the people who feel reflect is currently broken, are any of you using diamond flasks and/or stacking crit multiplier?
"
grogor wrote:
So I'm just curious, of the people who feel reflect is currently broken, are any of you using diamond flasks and/or stacking crit multiplier?

Yes and yes

Without a crit, I have still left myself with 0 health (back when I was using Point Blank + Chin Sol, which I'm not anymore - that would be up close on ele reflect mobs before realizing they had the mod). Now, I generally get chunked for at least half my health (on a single target, non-crit)...Because I attack more than once per second, it's usually too late to stop the second shot.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 6, 2012, 5:48:59 PM
Crit + crit mult + diamond flask = yes, reflect mobs are dangerous. I only have 300% crit mult on my 5k ES phys damage witch and it hurts to crit a wave of monsters. I do think something should be done for reflecting critical damage, but at the same time, crit mult and crit chance need to be looked at. Crit mult is too fucking good and crit chance is too lame.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
The problem is not glass cannon builds.

There should not be an inherent problem with crits.

The problem is that you can kill yourself in one shot from an enemy that was offscreen or their aura was hidden by water.
I didnt have a problem with these mods until recently where i nearly oneshotted myself with my lightning arrow.

I can agree that when i can nearly ohko myself with 7k hp and 77% lightning res, there's an issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info