[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

That's all correct ... and actually you get some chaos resists from the tree itself (16%)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 19, 2014, 4:39:42 PM
Any recommendations for an Axe (I think) based build primarily for the level 65 without any need for higher than that?

I'll be on Rampage with a Tabula for sure.
I'm not sure what you are asking :)
Axe based skill tree for this build ?
Axe based build in general ?
And i really don't understand this part "primarily for the level 65 without any need for higher than that?"

The build should be exactly for that level? Skill tree for this build for exactly that level ?

Anyway ... this guide contains skill trees for axe/mace/staff/sword versions of this build + skill tree for every 10 skill points for each of those versions ... you can find them all in the "Passive skill tree" section.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I'm not sure what you are asking :)
Axe based skill tree for this build ?
Axe based build in general ?
And i really don't understand this part "primarily for the level 65 without any need for higher than that?"

The build should be exactly for that level? Skill tree for this build for exactly that level ?

Anyway ... this guide contains skill trees for axe/mace/staff/sword versions of this build + skill tree for every 10 skill points for each of those versions ... you can find them all in the "Passive skill tree" section.

Sorry for the confusion =) I will be doing an Axe based version of the build and I will only be levelling it to 65 and no higher, it's for the challenge.

So the build would not have the fluff of the other ones as I won't get high enough level to branch out to certain parts, basically a build optimized for level 60ish =)
Well in that case you should end up with the axe tree for 80 skill points.
Regarding the mentioning of Revelry, I run a 5L Flicker Strike off my mana just with Revelry + 2% Mana Leech. I use Hatred + Herald of Ash. Being able to run a 5L off mana instead of using blood magic gem is so good.

Also if you can afford it you should definitely get The Blood Dance and an amulet corrupted with +1 frenzy charge. Having 8 frenzy charges is insane.

So long as you keep your ele resists capped, having chaos res is extremely helpful. I've got 73% chaos res on my gear, leaving me with 13% chaos res in merciless. With 0 frenzy charges I lose 1 life per second to Blood Rage.

And Korgoth I know you say that this has no reflect problems, but whenever I run into double reflect I instagib myself unless I turn off Hatred/Herald of Ash (and turn on Grace). Physical or ele reflect alone poses me no problems though.
Perhaps that is true. To be honest i've never did double reflect because .. well ... in general if you don't have VP or Atziri Acuity + high life leech running double reflect is not a wise thing to do.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Perhaps that is true. To be honest i've never did double reflect because .. well ... in general if you don't have VP or Atziri Acuity + high life leech running double reflect is not a wise thing to do.

Well Zana maps can have double reflect, but there's also the matter of a single reflect map having a rare mob in it with the opposite reflect aura.
I've never had a problem with reflect map + reflect monster because the reflect aura reflects less than the map mode i guess.
Hey Korgoth, quick point.

Molten Shell doesn't actually absorb any damage instead of life. What it does, is increases armour, and any damage mitigated by armour counts up a counter on molten shell. When that timer caps, it explodes.

Say you take a 1000 damage hit with level 10 molten shell and 40% damage reduction from armour (after MS armour). Armour mitigates 400 damage (counter on MS is at 400), and you take 600. The next hit is 1000 again, armour mitigates 400 (counter on MS passes 597 & MS explodes for ~300 damage), and you take another 600.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info