Regarding iron reflexes and armor nodes...

Does the bonus armor from armor nodes factor in before or after iron reflexes is added?

For example... if I have 1000 armor and 1000 evasion (2000 armor with iron reflexes), if I get the 30% bonus armor node do I gain 300 or 600 armor?

Top question kind of answers this, but... if I chose to only use evasion armor, would picking armor nodes become pointless?
FFA loot=Single player MMOARPG. GGG please consider a change.
It's all completely additive.

Currently it works like this:

Armour after IR = Evasion Rating * (1 + %armour only nodes + %leather and steel/surrounding nodes + %evasion only nodes)
+ Armour Rating * (1 + %armour rating)

Note combo %ev/%ar nodes only count ONCE for evasion rating under IR, not twice. This happened in a recent patch. It still counts for any armour rating you have, though.

%AR nodes have one benefit to you that %EV nodes lack, though: they boost your granite flasks. If you happen to use them. Evasion nodes don't.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Ok so let's say that before IR, I have 2000 evasion and 0 armor rating(or w.e the bare minimum is). So 2000*1.3=2600 total armor?

I read somewhere that it is best to use evasion only armor for some reason- when using IR. What is the reason behind it? I see by the unwavering stance that a node removes the penalties from armor- what are they, and do people use evasion only armor to basically save a skill point or is it still beneficial?

Btw im a duelist- if that makes any difference.
FFA loot=Single player MMOARPG. GGG please consider a change.
Te reason people use evasion gear with iron reflexes is because dexterity boosts your evasion rating by 2% per 10 points of dex.
Armour passives nodes are better with IR, since they apply to to any armour you have and any evasion you have, whereas the evasion nodes only apply to evasion you have.

eg.

you have 500 armour and 500 evasion from gear, 100 dex, and +30% evasion from passives

Armour is 500
Evasion gets increased by 50% from passives and dex, so 750
Total armour 1250

Now the same scenario, but with 30% worth of armour passives instead.
Armour is increased by 30%, so 650
Evasion gets increased by 20% from dex and 30% from the armour passives, so 750
Total armour 1400

About the armour master node: all armour has a movement speed penalty. Some armours (strength and str/int ones) have a larger penalty than others. Shields also have a movement penalty. So the node represents a movement speed bonus anywhere from 0% if naked up to 14% if wearing strength armour and a tower shield. You can see the movement penalties here.
bump

so with IR and eva gear which is better
10% ar
10% ava

or

8% both?
@wulfgar_red
They are equivalent, except: the %armour will buff your granite flask and the %evasion will not.

If you're in reach of armour nodes, take those first. If you're not, get whatever you can.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Wulfgarr wrote:
bump

so with IR and eva gear which is better
10% ar
10% ava

or

8% both?
IR doesn't double-dip anymore, so the Leather and Steel passives only boost one of the two. So 10% ar or 10% eva will give more than 8% both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info