50k DPS+ Build Spotlight | VarthDaver's Low Life Blood Magic Incinerate | 930 ES Regen / second

"
Ryouko wrote:
ok to be honest, that build looks everything else than effective :/
I don't mean to be rude but nrly every other build with your insane items would have been a lot better. If it's fun for you playing then it's totally fine, but incinerate remains a bad spell...
One Question: Why dont you link fire penetration instead of chaos damage?
is it rly worse?

I used Fire Pen for a while (though normally was swapping out Projectile Speed for it). Fire Pen is a very viable alternative to Added Chaos, and from a math perspective, it is more effective against mobs with more than 70 fire resist than added chaos if no curses are being used.

Outside of high fire resist mobs, added chaos simply does more damage, and accounts for a 40-60% damage increase from just that gem. All abilities that increase "projectile damage" also scale the chaos damage per hit.

I have a fondness for chaos as well due to its ability to bypass energy shields, and to be non-fire based of damage. This is not frequently an issue though it certainly is very powerful in PvP unless the other person is CI/Shav's.

I don't think incinerate is a bad spell, its a whole lot of fun, and capable of easily killing bosses like Maze Vaal (or any for that matter). Is it the best one? No. Then again, it can be blue. :)

Thanks for the feedback.
thx for this long answer :D
i have a str based iron will marauder with incinerate using the new claw. Paired with Aegis Aurora and maximum block (65% spell block) i cannot rly die but the clear speed kinda sucks :/
Maybe im just spoilt by my low-life freezing pulse and dual spark chars.
good luck getting your build to perfection ;)
hi mate awesome build... it's imposibruuuu without cybil?

I like to try but I don't have it... yet...

thanks
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
This guys originality is off the charts, well done sir

'Few' questions:-

What is the % more spell damage on level 20 RF?

Can you get more spell damage in the tree? Or have you used a spell damage amu / shield?

Whats reflect and lightning thorns like?

Isnt LOH enough for the blood magic? Maybe you can use GR too, especially for no regen / half regen maps

Why are you not on low life status in the promenade map video? Is there some reason you chose to cast all the auras from mana? You are still at full life. And thus lose PA dps.

What about freeze and shock?

Looking for more maps vids from you! Also, is there part 2 of the vuln map? It stops all of a sudden.
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 20, 2013, 2:53:43 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
This guys originality is off the charts, well done sir

'Few' questions:-

What is the % more spell damage on level 20 RF?

Can you get more spell damage in the tree? Or have you used a spell damage amu / shield?

Whats reflect and lightning thorns like?

Isnt LOH enough for the blood magic? Maybe you can use GR too, especially for no regen / half regen maps

Why are you not on low life status in the promenade map video? Is there some reason you chose to cast all the auras from mana? You are still at full life. And thus lose PA dps.

What about freeze and shock?

Looking for more maps vids from you! Also, is there part 2 of the vuln map? It stops all of a sudden.

Thank you!

Spell dmg actually scales stupidly well with this build. When I last tested, 10% spell dmg = 10% cast speed. That is something you will not really run into anywhere else.

Reflect is basically a non issue. Lightning thorns is really really dangerous. A single mob with thorns not a big deal, buf if you are not aware and there is a pack, you will die very fast. This happens with all really high attack/cast speed builds, however. You can either cast in spurts, or use an alternate like fireball (I tend to use FP as I have a 20/20).

The non low life was just earlier stage testing. I tried to include as many as I could to give a spread on it. I initially was using a BM gem (which even at level 20 doubled the cost). I switched to Blood Magic keystone once I did some math.

I tend to wear dream frags / alpha when freeze is an issue, shocks I do not normally have an issue with, but in the Maze Vaal video, you will notice I ran away when I got shocked stacked. I do not feel any shame in allowing the regen to kick in and come back.

I lost a lot of videos due to hardware issues and stupidity. I run with between 3-5 monitors and 2-3 video cards depending on what I am doing. This isn't an excuse as much as an explanation. Recording software really hates when you have configurations like mine, and despite having high end hardware, the software just hates it.

I was using a level 19 incinerate at this, there is a lot more dps to be gained by using a level 20 (I am just only so patient).

Lastly, there will not be any more videos on this build. Two things:

1) I was wrong, you get 8hp per hit per claw (the tooltip is wrong).
2) While I am looking forward to making a dual claw build later, I have already changed spec. I tend to respec every week or two.

I am now working on a Kongor CI Death's Oath Flicker Ranger with Dual Arctic Armor / Vaal Pact and Molten Shell. Expect a new build posting once I get it stable, just cleared weaver with it like nothing.

Thanks for all the support guys, will try to post another build soon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info