50k DPS+ Build Spotlight | VarthDaver's Low Life Blood Magic Incinerate | 930 ES Regen / second

-Small update, more videos-
-additional update, more vidoes-

***Disclaimer***
If you run out of mana (life) with this build. YOU DIE. This makes it manleague only and I would not recommend using this in the play-it-safe leagues (aka "Hardcore"). Is it viable? Sure, but I would not personally take the risk due to the gear required.
***Disclaimer***

Build Features | 35-75k DPS, 900 ES regen/second, Highly durable, Rapid Clear Speed

Why post?
I am wanting to share a uncommon build variant that has amazing potential and showcases rarely combined gear / talents.
You can see my recent Witchslap posting here (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/513351/page/1)

Playstyle
Move fast, cast on as large a group as possible, repeat. Maintain Frenzy charges for regen, and use Taunt to draw enemies to you (less moving = more dps).

Videos
Spoiler

I am working on getting some videos of higher level maps going. Had many of my good ones accidentally deleted.

-Updated-
I have now started collecting a string of videos on a single

YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLViajCub8sihp77x4P3o0eOmc0p1npn7k
-Updated-

Kole Tanking Durability | http://youtu.be/m_4RJ2v_N94
Early GMP Testing (high DPS) | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b14Z-0PODA
Early Map Runs | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT6gDx7e2I0

I will be adding more maps as I can. I have done every type of map through level 77.

My Current Stats
Spoiler

DPS | 42 to 54k dps (Highest effort at 76k).
Life | 773
ES | 6423
ES /s | 930.9 (Not a typo, not using springleaf)

Offense

Defense

The Build

Why Ranger?
Because I can. I like the graphic, and centrally located to Frenzy noes and projectile nodes.

Required Keystones
Pain Attunement - 30% MORE damage. No more powerful node on the map.
Unwavering Stance - Stun immunity is a requirement if you want to survive, I cannot stress this enough, wil swap for Chaulua when season is over.
Iron Reflexes - Evasion -> armor, if you want to take hits, this adds flexibilty to your gearing choices.

Curses
Enfeeble / Elemental Weakness on rare occasion. I rarely use curses as you are giving up a lot of your life to cast it, another second or two of incinerate makes up for almost anything.

Auras
Vitality / Purity / Discipline - My normal configuration
Vitality / Haste / Discipline - Normal Farming variant, when limited cursing
Vitality / Determination / Grace - Used on rare occasion for extreme physical damage

Skills / Links
4L | Incinerate + Life Leech + LMP + Faster Casting
5L | Incinerate + Life Leech + LMP + Faster Casting + Added Chaos Damage
6L | Incinerate + Life Leech + LMP + Faster Casting + Added Chaos Damage + Faster Projectiles

Damage
Self-cast Incinerate ramps up very quickly. You want to be above 10 casts per second to reach stage4 in under 2 seconds.
Depending on situation, I range between 3400 and 5600 tooltip. While I can go higher, I lose too significant survivability.

Incinerate Math
3K Tooltip x 3 (LMP) = 9k @ Stage1 | 36k+ @ Stage4
4K Tooltip x 3 (LMP) = 12k @ Stage1 | 48k+ @ Stage4
5K Tooltip x 3 (LMP) = 15k @ Stage1 | 60k+ @ Stage4
6K Tooltip x 3 (LMP) = 18k @ Stage1 | 72k+ @ Stage4

"Low" Damage Effectiveness
Incinerate has a damage effectiveness of 20%. What this means is that any ability added to it, is reduced by 80%.
This makes "Added Chaos" the strongest flat add to incinerate.
This also reduces the life gain on spell hit to only 1hp per hit.

The POWER of 1HP per spell hit
As your spell will be landing 10+ times per second, you get +10 hps persecond PER TARGET. LMP expands this up to triple the amount (30HP+ /s).
Once you factor in that you will typically be casting on 3-10 targets at a time, the regen from just this claw can climb

Required Gear
Cybil's Paw Thresher Claw - The main enabler of this build is "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells." Detailed elsewhere.
Shavronne's Wrappings Occultist's Vestment - Lets not pretend, the build is almost impossible to sustain without this. You could technically go high chaos resist, but you are just asking for another way to die.

Recommended Gear
Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring - Not 100% mandatory, but almost. Amazing regen and no drawback when used with Blood Magic.
The Blood Dance Sharkskin Boots - Frenzy charges for regen. Highest regen item in the game.
Fire Weapon (+2Fire +1 All) - Used with Righeous Fire, can be in weapon swap. Empower increases RF to +5 levels in such a weapon.
High ES / EV / AR Shield - Need to have high ES as a minimum, and high armor / EV to be tanky. Alternatively you can get by with springleaf until you can get better.
Alpha's Howl - Until your regen can easily outlast a freeze, this is a great helm to use to prevent freezen, and get teh aura boost.

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Offhand

Flasks

Feedback
I am mostly interested in sharing my experience with this, and to see others that have used incinerate with high success or low life blood magic.
Last edited by VarthDaver on Oct 8, 2013, 5:03:58 AM
All that nice gear and then... that belt...

Anyway, nice guide, very interesting build. Hope to see more videos!
IGN - Wolens
or if on other account, IGN - Vissej
"
Caustic wrote:

Thanks, I didn't realize I had that belt on actually. I use that one for testing HP/regen barriers and forgot to swap.

I normally use (below) but am trying to find one similar without life on it.

Gotta hate being too poor to afford a shavs. really annoys me because this build looks like a lot of fun.
ACE Member.
Interesting use of claw combined with Incinerate!
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
"
oORyanOo wrote:
Gotta hate being too poor to afford a shavs. really annoys me because this build looks like a lot of fun.

I know the feeling, I played for a bit over a year before I was able to get enough together to buy one. Fortune allowed it to be my only 6L I have crafted.

This build is partially the result of me trying to find some way to enjoy playing with it. Most of the other variants bored me to death. This one I can kill myself with much less than boredom :)
"
Caustic wrote:

I have now updated the posting link with a string of YouTube videos, and I just got the chance to do a Maze Vaal Fight http://youtu.be/Sx7ZlojmL3s.

I will try to add more, but its late in the morning now.
So you were basically messing around one day with your 6L shavs and that INSANE shield when that new claw came out, and your like "why not test out an incinerate build with it?"..? This build looks fun and all, but when you make a guide where one of the required items is a shavs, how many people do you actually think can try it? Would be a lot cooler if there was a non-shavs variant, now that's a guide!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
ok to be honest, that build looks everything else than effective :/
I don't mean to be rude but nrly every other build with your insane items would have been a lot better. If it's fun for you playing then it's totally fine, but incinerate remains a bad spell...
One Question: Why dont you link fire penetration instead of chaos damage?
is it rly worse?
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
So you were basically messing around one day with your 6L shavs and that INSANE shield when that new claw came out, and your like "why not test out an incinerate build with it?"..? This build looks fun and all, but when you make a guide where one of the required items is a shavs, how many people do you actually think can try it? Would be a lot cooler if there was a non-shavs variant, now that's a guide!

Thanks for the feedback, and its not that far from truth. With just about every item that comes out, I spend a decent amount of time trying to determine how it would be optimal, and then "broken" and build around it.

This really is not a guide, but I understand that many players are looking for one. It is mostly written for players that are looking to understand mechanics and experiment.

I wrote this post as I am ready to take apart this build, and want to share it with others before I do so.

I hope that this post and my other recent post on the CI Melee Death's Oath Facebreaker http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/513351 can be interesting to other players looking to learn / experiment.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info