0.9.12o Patch Notes

Version 0.9.12o
  • Increased the drop rate of Maps.
  • Made it slightly easier to find higher level Maps.
  • Removed Fire Resist from Hillock.
  • Fixed a bug where Monkeys would not have shadows.
  • Fixed a bug where the River Crossings waypoint could spawn twice.
  • Fixed a bug where some torches in Map areas would not have particles.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 30, 2012, 11:04:54 PM
"
Maverickroll wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the actual drop rate of maps up to now? It seems as if every other patch the drop rate gets buffed to a higher percentage. Are they small incremental changes or is each increase a rather significant jump up? Just curious

It's not a giant increase, but because it has a snowball effect (the world drops more maps which drop more maps), we're being careful.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
DDSSEE wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:
As someone who is suffering from a really bad run of luck in getting map drops, I'm happy about the increase. I've been alch'ing up my maps, running tough mods like Temp Chains and Burning Ground and such, and getting very little in return. This makes me optimistic I'll be able to continue my high level chars.

I've has the exact opposite experience. I've run blue maps with very little quantity and I've gotten more maps than I've spent.

50% of players get more than average. I just feel bad for the 50% that get less than average :(
"
dust7 wrote:
I assumed Hillock took a little less damage from fire because he is so easy to kite, making the fight trivial for witches starting with fireball and rangers starting with burning arrow. Both classes can also easily fall back to the standard wand/bow attack when out of mana. So.. was this really needed, again? The latest patches show a tendency to make monsters weaker which makes me a little anxious.

On a related note, please buff the crap out of Hillock in cruel, ruthless and merciless. He's a complete pushover for any class in higher difficulties.

We are indeed making certain monsters weaker when we need to. I wouldn't worry about the game getting too easy though, when we strip out the fourth difficulty there will be some substantial rebalancing of the difficulty levels and progression.

Hillock is intentionally not super hard because he's an easily repeatable boss monster so his drops are never going to be as high as an act boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info