"Light Show" graphic bug ever more frequent

I encounter this bug more and more often. Is it known what causes it and can we expect a fix in a new future? Thx.

If the devs still have trouble replicating the issue, I will help in any way that I can (system configuration, circumstances, etc.).
GGG is investigating this issue and has been for over a month now. That said, you will encounter it less often if you frequently restart your client and possibly if you reduce your texture/shadow quality. I heard deleting the mini-map folder helps with this too.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Lately, I've experienced the opposite since updating to the recently released nvidia drivers. I've had less crashes, too. I still get the tell-tale signs of an impending seizurama light show including transparent floor textures at times or missing minimap/regular map, but it's far more rare than I'd been seeing.

Try updating your drivers?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
I turned my textures to medium, has not happened one time since then.

Use to happen at least once per play session pre medium texture patch
S L O W E R
"
Azazelo wrote:

I encounter this bug more and more often. Is it known what causes it and can we expect a fix in a new future? Thx.

If the devs still have trouble replicating the issue, I will help in any way that I can (system configuration, circumstances, etc.).

LOL BRO, this very bug is actually making me not play the game right now. I can't take it when I get blamed for it as well
I'm convinced this bug is just another manifestation of PoE's memory management woes. Unable to map file, page fault in non-paged area blue screens, performance degredation over time, as far as I'm concerned they all have the same root cause, whatever that may be.

The discoballing is highly reminiscent of artifacts caused by GPU memory corruption as a result of overclocking or faulty VRAM - messed up textures, vertexes in the the wrong positions etc.

Except that this corruption appears to be caused by the game rather than faulty hardware, and gets progressively worse the longer you go without restarting the client. Restart the client and bam, everything is perfect for a while. I've taken to restarting the client every time I reach a waypoint, if I don't then before long the game will start to bog down, eventually start discoballing, and if I continue through that, will probably crash or bluescreen.
The speed of this degradation is directly related to the number of effects that get displayed, particularly lights and those stacked texture effects like like a poisoned champion fire skeleton. For instance I can play though all of act 1 normal before needing to restart. At this point in the game there are not many champions/rares, and the player is producing a lot less effects on those monsters.
But I can't make it through the merciless waterfall cave/pyramid without restarting at some point in the middle. There are many more champions and rares at this point, and the player is producing a lot more lights and effects.

More evidence is that a pure physical resolute technique character lasts a lot longer without restarting. This is due to not applying any burning freezing chill or shock, and not producing any lights with things like summon skeletons or fireball.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info