My last post here

Yes this is my rage quite thread and if you don't like it tough love man....don't read i'm not forcing you.

Yes i raged after the nerf to GS...though i've stopped using my GS mara long time ago but that's not the point.

You guys nerfed GS...Why?
Was it because it was really popular?
Mostly yes and there you metric tricked you.
Metrics makes you looks only backward not forward.

Instead of buffing skills like sweep and cleave and make them interesting to use you chose to nerf a skill that was in no way OP?
With every patch a nerf after nerf after nerf.
I mean come on GGG it was not freezing pulse.

Take it from someone leaving instead of nerfing skills that are ok try to come with new ways to make the others interesting.
This is closed beta for testing i know this very will but i can't see any mentality the developers have past the nerf them and add some numbers here or there to make it hard and we are done.

Sorry for leaving, your game is complex and fun and you have great idea but you are "from my point of view" going the wrong direction.

I know i will be flamed from fanboys but here is the fun part...it's not the first time it happens.
happend before in warhammer online and before it in hellgate london so i've no problems with this.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Sep 29, 2012, 2:28:02 PM
There are going to be so many nerfs and buffs in the next few years that anyone that can't deal with these things in a game should certainly not play them.

We hope that you eventually see that balance is not a perfect science, and not every nerf or buff is going to be good... and that with this understanding you come back to play.

GGG does not do these things to make specific fun things less fun.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
silentman wrote:
You guys nerfed GS...Why?

Fare thee well butthurt idiot.
IGN: regss (for social tab)
Ground slam was out of control and needed a nerf. It is a ranged melee attack that did crap tons of damage, perma stunned enemies, and was a AoE. What more could you ask for?
"
silentman wrote:

Metrics makes you looks only backward not forward.

His rant may not be popular, but that line is spot on. I say that myself just about every week at work (I work with TB's of business data). One has to be very careful to interpret it correctly when doing "data based decision making".
I suggest staying away from Betas in your future endeavors.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
THE SYSTEM WORKS

oh shit it's so good, thank you based Chris
lol.. I don't understand how ground slam was not needing a nerf. Do the other melee skills need buffs? Probably.. but did GS need a nerf? Definitely.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Before this gets buried, I must admit, I agree with OP. The other melee aoe skills needed a buff more than groundslam needed a nerf.

It is sad that the changes made piled up and this last drop made you leave, silentman. But they change things to see what happens after the change so they have a comparison, we are just guinea pigs after all (some of us think we are humans but they are wrong). I hope you will find your way back one day!

Edit: as always.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Sep 28, 2012, 11:56:57 PM
"
wiggin wrote:
we are just guinea pigs after all (some of us think we are humans but they are wrong)

Spoiler
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info