Definitely need to nerf Chamber of Sins

support totem with detonate dead :D will take care of the bodies so u can ignore necros.
I want to see your face after the resistance change xD
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Especially as a mara you should have the least problems there. Just because you are tanky doesn't mean you can just steamroll through everything. Fortunately the game demands some strategies from you even on such toons.
Last edited by Burgingham on Sep 24, 2012, 11:52:35 AM
No need for nerf if you foind any locaton to hard change your build or play in party.
OP propably never tried rare map full of skeletons with more rare/magic monster + temporal chains ;)
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 24, 2012, 12:51:31 PM
Believe it or not, it's trying to teach you some valuable lessons that you'll need later.

1) Get the correct resists. The majority of the damage you take in there is lightning damage, so make sure are as close to 75% resist as you can be. Sacrifice other stats for it if need be.

Second to take would be health for the chaos damage. Make sure you get getting health on your gear to go with the % health nodes you are picking up.

2) Never get stuck. ALL characters need a movement skill. Leap slam, shield charge, whirling blades all work for this. They all ignore monster collision and will get you out of tough spots. Find one you like, put it on an easy to reach key and be ready to use it. There is no reason to get stuck.

3) Walls and doors are your friend. Don't just charge in there and let every monster in the room attack you. Try to pull them out into a hallway where you can use the doorway / walls to block some of them. Kill a few, repeat.

String corpses out and try to lure the necro away from the pack and kill him. A necro in a doorway will let you kill it while using the wall as protection from the rest.

4) As others have said, get rid of the corpses! Detonate Dead, ice crits, raise zombie, or Infernal Blow. Infernal Blow might be easiest for a marauder. Everything it kills explodes! Never worry about corpses or crabs again!

5) Make sure your flasks are up to date. The game assumes you are treating your flasks like the rest of your equipment. Make sure they are the highest level you can use, and have good mods on them.

6) Make distractions. Decoy totem might not last long, but it might give you the seconds you need to get to a necro. Or attack from one way, and then retreat and circle around to hopefully get the necro before the rest spread out again.

Hope some of that helps!
I play the Ranger. My hardest but most rewarding fight in chamber was against 2 rare and 2 normal necros in one area. The fight prob took me close to 45 min..it took a lot of strategy..a lot of movement. I use elemental proliferation with burning arrow..have high dr and good resist, but one mistake can get you killed. my favorite place to keep my cheeks puckered and feel like i did something exceptional..why Nerf those chances in
life?

no nerf needed. i absolutely agree with the strategy durinstorm posted.

Spoiler
"
durinstorm wrote:
1) Get the correct resists. The majority of the damage you take in there is lightning damage, so make sure are as close to 75% resist as you can be. Sacrifice other stats for it if need be.

Second to take would be health for the chaos damage. Make sure you get getting health on your gear to go with the % health nodes you are picking up.

2) Never get stuck. ALL characters need a movement skill. Leap slam, shield charge, whirling blades all work for this. They all ignore monster collision and will get you out of tough spots. Find one you like, put it on an easy to reach key and be ready to use it. There is no reason to get stuck.

3) Walls and doors are your friend. Don't just charge in there and let every monster in the room attack you. Try to pull them out into a hallway where you can use the doorway / walls to block some of them. Kill a few, repeat.

String corpses out and try to lure the necro away from the pack and kill him. A necro in a doorway will let you kill it while using the wall as protection from the rest.

4) As others have said, get rid of the corpses! Detonate Dead, ice crits, raise zombie, or Infernal Blow. Infernal Blow might be easiest for a marauder. Everything it kills explodes! Never worry about corpses or crabs again!

5) Make sure your flasks are up to date. The game assumes you are treating your flasks like the rest of your equipment. Make sure they are the highest level you can use, and have good mods on them.

6) Make distractions. Decoy totem might not last long, but it might give you the seconds you need to get to a necro. Or attack from one way, and then retreat and circle around to hopefully get the necro before the rest spread out again.

if u run like rambo into a room full of monsters without any tactic and die, u r just an idiot
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
I think it is good to look at the place.
I have no problem getting through in softcore, but that is the only place where I died more than once.

Perhaps neco needs more cool down on the summoning skill (or perhaps summoning skill needs a cool down).
I do not see the problem. I ran the chamber on every level with my duelist and marauder and sure you have to be careful, but I do not feel it needs a nerf.

Lure the necro's out of the room filled with monster by killing some monsters outside that room. Necro's do not have that much life and do not do a lot of damage, so if you have the right build and level, killing them should be easy.

I agree with all those who do not want this area nerfed. As a Ranger I always grab the det dead gem in early game to use specifically in Necro infested areas. Leave no (intact) corpse behind...

I don't level the gem either to reduce the mana cost as my goal is to eliminate corpses ASAP and I don't care about the damage stat.

Falan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info