Definitely need to nerf Chamber of Sins

30 skeletons, spider with viper strike, 10 lightning casters, 2 magic necros, and a rare necro, need I say more?
"
sambackward12 wrote:
30 skeletons, spider with viper strike, 10 lightning casters, 2 magic necros, and a rare necro, need I say more?

Run away/try a new instance

not everything has to be won
Thats good we are all scared of the chambers, but it needs no nerf.

You need lightning resistance and quite good damage or runspeed so you can avoid stuff, you get a good reward by the end in the form of accomplishment.
I've died multiple times, tried to level and come back, still die, losing hours of xp because I get trapped and surrounded by skeletons, it's just too much, and I can't progress at all.

Side Note: I've gone through 5 different instances of this, haven't found the waypoint once
That is one of my favorite maps. It is tough and not a map to just run into areas without thinking, but it is a blast. Use a little strategy and patience and it can be beaten fairly easily. If you are not patient you will get into trouble. Now granted I generally play ranged characters like a Bow Ranger and Witch, but they are paper tigers.

Definitely do not need to nerf that area.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Chamber of Sins: Hard? Yes. Annoying? Sometimes. Needs to be nerfed? No.

I bothered looking for the waypoint only the first time I got there. By the next time I knew I wouldn't want to go back, anyway :-D. Especially since portals are doing the job well enough. Just pay attention to the optical signs giving away the necromancer's locations and no matter what: Kill 'em first. My main is a ranger and I did die several times over once in a room filled with skeletons until I got close enough to their Lord but usually it works well enough for me to throw traps and keep a finger on the life flasks to buy enough time to kill off the necros and then deal with whatever is still standing of the skeletons.

It does take some patience and it is definately a no-rush area but there's nothing wrong with a good challenge. :-D
Last edited by Alysma on Sep 23, 2012, 8:51:06 PM
It's worse since I play a marauder :\ and it just absolutely sucks losing 1/6 of max xp for dying
You need some way of dealing with necros, then its not so bad. For example cold damage to get rid the corpses when theyre frozen, or piercing/multishot modded skills to cut down their crowds of minions and hit them too.

Some of them get completely crazy mods like regenerate/energy shield though and it becomes impossible to whittle them down.
Ice anything with high crit and / or corpse explosion is great when dealing with Necro's.

If you use weapons that do cold damage and you have high crit they generally shatter the enemy a lot. I also will throw in a corpse explosion gem, just when I am going into a Necro infested area. As I kill, I explode the corpses.

The Necro's can't bring shit back when it is in pieces ;)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Last edited by DS_Deadman on Sep 24, 2012, 9:08:28 AM

Great another player that cant deal with the situation is calling for a nerf.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info