Preliminary 0.11.5 Patch Notes

"
KoTao wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It works on uniques, and I believe it goes both ways. (This means that in PvP we may have to have a way to disable microtransactions so you aren't confused by what you see). You can transfer skins of Demigod items, but the glowy effects/footprints don't go with them. I believe any item from one base type can be transferred to another of that type (helmet, sword, etc).

Thanks. The loss of demigod special effects was expected, of course.

Will HC items destroyed by skin transfer still be restored to HC if the character wearing the reskinned item dies?

If a HC char wearing a skinned item dies, then the restored item will be restored in Standard. You should be careful wearing skinned items if you value the skin.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
"
Chris wrote:

If a HC char wearing a skinned item dies, then the restored item will be restored in Standard. You should be careful wearing skinned items if you value the skin.

Okay, but what's the reasoning behind this? It's not like you get any actual gameplay benefits for your character from using the item's appearance? Pretty much killed my newfound excitement of racing for the Cloak of Flame alternate art along with the new heatshiver.

Because that's how the item works - there's no way to recover it to a league you're not in. It pops the recovered item off onto the cursor.

I'd love to allow you to use visuals from other leagues, and maybe that'll be possible in the future, but it's not really possible in the short term.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Please keep it in mind to not be abusive toward others when disagreeing with them. Thanks guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info