Soul Reaver Reave CI crit shadow Updated 2.6!! Assasin 4 Million DPS

I've got a 56 Shadow with a free respec - my previous build didn't pan out, so I thought I'd try this one.

How's it like if you dual wield daggers instead? I've already got a shield character and I just like the aesthetics of DW better than dagger/shield.

Following your build with very slight tweaks to get some DW nodes instead.

I have Chayula, so I'm not bothered with Unwavering Stance. I'm still debating whether to go CI/ES or CI/ARM. I did take the Dex trip all the way down towards VP though - how gimped is this version of the build now compared to MortalKombat's version which you're looking at? How much Chance to Hit is really required to be effective without being overkill?

Lastly, I'm still gathering gear and gems now - I'm only going with a 4L Reave set-up (Reave, Multistrike, Crit Damage Multi, Conc. Effect, a 3L aura set-up (Red. Mana, Hatred, Discipline), and a 3L proc set-up (CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call).

What's your opinion thus far?
"
_avenged_ wrote:
I've got a 56 Shadow with a free respec - my previous build didn't pan out, so I thought I'd try this one.

How's it like if you dual wield daggers instead? I've already got a shield character and I just like the aesthetics of DW better than dagger/shield.

Following your build with very slight tweaks to get some DW nodes instead.

I have Chayula, so I'm not bothered with Unwavering Stance. I'm still debating whether to go CI/ES or CI/ARM. I did take the Dex trip all the way down towards VP though - how gimped is this version of the build now compared to MortalKombat's version which you're looking at? How much Chance to Hit is really required to be effective without being overkill?

Lastly, I'm still gathering gear and gems now - I'm only going with a 4L Reave set-up (Reave, Multistrike, Crit Damage Multi, Conc. Effect, a 3L aura set-up (Red. Mana, Hatred, Discipline), and a 3L proc set-up (CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call).

What's your opinion thus far?

I have 106 passive points so Mortal might have more, thus being able to pick up extra nodes.
Honestly, I don't see it as gimped. Its a matter of preference. you also need to realize those nodes are for very end game so at 56 it will not be your focus. I need the dexterity since I did not pick up ACCURACY nodes (240 accuracy). At 236 strength I can reach level 20 lightning strike. Come to think of it I should drop 2 +30 strengths and pick up ES nodes. I also do not want to spend another 1000 chromatics to get 2 greens on my chest for an accuracy gem slot(would lose dps also).

You will get more damage with the strength nodes, but at level 56 you are far away from getting vaal pact anyway. I do agree that unwavering stance is huge if you do not have eye of chayula, and going around the left side gives you one free passive assuming you back out of the 2 +30 strength nodes and pick one +30 dexterity as I would need to.

Also, all those passives he mentions are not attainable without giving up some other nodes. Focus on ES first. You cant kill when your dead. I have really found I like armor better than evade, again a personal preference. Hopefully Mortal puts up his skill tree so we can see what are the pros and cons. He has been doing this a long time so I welcome his input.I will wait until a reset as respecing is not my priority atm and I have no problems on 78 maps with my current set up.
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Jan 4, 2014, 4:07:44 PM
Hmm, i thought i added my build there, but it seems i was wrong.
Ok, here it is, with a little change to add +5% maximum elemental resistances (found it handy against certain bosses, but you can get something other if you want). If you want more survivability, you can even sacrifice Adder's touch for extra ES (though in my opinion isnt worth that).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAecEBwV9BjkOSA5cEHQRLxGWEuEUcRXXFr8YsBpVHRQeGh8CJ08n7SgqKLUqOCy_LR8vbzBUNsU26DvhP5tBqkSBRX5HBkyzVmNW6lb1WfNfamEhZKNmnm0ZcFJwVnC7cql943_Ghq6H24hCjAuPRpAbkn2X0JhvmVeZmpoTnaOfy6Kjouqmf6cIpyunMKc0rKqxs7TFtUi297k-uXzAGsBRwcXB88Ls14bYJNkT227b1Nwj4vfjhOXP6f7rY-yw7UHvTvGK893z6vcy-Ov60vyr_5M=

It is suitable for ANY dagger skill - Flicker, Reave, Lightning Strike, Spectral Throw, and so on.
I used 106 passives, because i have 87 level which isnt too hard to get.
I get more than enough strength and int from tree, and dexterity can easily be gained with items (btw, Maligaro's Virtuosity gives dexterity).

I must admit, leveling in this build isnt easy. It is intended for endgame mostly.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 4, 2014, 5:11:45 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Hmm, i thought i added my build there, but it seems i was wrong.
Ok, here it is, with a little change to add +5% maximum elemental resistances (found it handy against certain bosses, but you can get something other if you want). If you want more survivability, you can even sacrifice Adder's touch for extra ES (though in my opinion isnt worth that).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAecEBwV9BjkOSA5cEHQRLxGWEuEUcRXXFr8YsBpVHRQeGh8CJ08n7SgqKLUqOCy_LR8vbzBUNsU26DvhP5tBqkSBRX5HBkyzVmNW6lb1WfNfamEhZKNmnm0ZcFJwVnC7cql943_Ghq6H24hCjAuPRpAbkn2X0JhvmVeZmpoTnaOfy6Kjouqmf6cIpyunMKc0rKqxs7TFtUi297k-uXzAGsBRwcXB88Ls14bYJNkT227b1Nwj4vfjhOXP6f7rY-yw7UHvTvGK893z6vcy-Ov60vyr_5M=

It is suitable for ANY dagger skill - Flicker, Reave, Lightning Strike, Spectral Throw, and so on.
I used 106 passives, because i have 87 level which isnt too hard to get.
I get more than enough strength and int from tree, and dexterity can easily be gained with items (btw, Maligaro's Virtuosity gives dexterity).

I must admit, leveling in this build isnt easy. It is intended for endgame mostly.

I see the variations. You have a lot more ES in your gear than I do. I am assuming a pure ES shield and helm. This would not work for me as I would loose over 100% ES. I will set a variations on original OP. Thanks mortal :)
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Jan 4, 2014, 6:22:49 PM
"
Atlas305 wrote:

I see the variations. You have a lot more ES in your gear than I do. I am assuming a pure ES shield and helm. This would not work for me as I would loose over 100% ES. I will set a variations on original OP. Thanks mortal :)

Well, actually, my shield and helm are:

I dont think they have exceptional ES there. Shield has great resists, though.
Dont forget about amulet, BTW. I use
As you can see, there are +19% increased ES, it's a very useful stat, worth 3 ES passives... Amulet with proper stats can give you no less bonuses, than those points spent on Unwavering Stance.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thanks Atlas for your comments, and thanks Mortal for the input also. Still trying to balance things out and see how it goes.

Really, though - Y'all reckon dual-wielding daggers is possible? I play on Standard so I don't give a shit about a little risk here and there, although I'm certainly not looking to die every 5 seconds. I really don't want to go shield.

EDIT 3:

Never mind, back to Evasion. Armor is kinda boring (already done it). I'll see how much reduced mana reserved nodes I can get. Probably have to run Evasion + Discipline, no Hatred for me.

I'll try this for now, I forgot I can steal Alpha's Howl from my archer:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcFfQW1DkgOrRB7ES8RlhIgFHUVUBXXFr8Y2x0UHhofAiFgJ6koKii1KjgrCiy_LR8uCDBUMHw2xTrtQKBDnEcGTC1Ms1FHVmNW6lb1WfNei19qZp5tGXBScFZwu3DVdEF08XfXfeN_K3_Ggh6GrofbiEKNv49Gj_qQG5J9l9CYb5lXmZqaE52jpn-nCKc0rs-xs7TFtUi297k-vjrAGsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3qz_jWiteG2CTbGttu29Tb5-OE5c_rY-uO7BjtQe9O8-r1S_rS_Kv_kw==
Last edited by _avenged_ on Jan 5, 2014, 3:23:38 AM
"
_avenged_ wrote:
Thanks Atlas for your comments, and thanks Mortal for the input also. Still trying to balance things out and see how it goes.

Really, though - Y'all reckon dual-wielding daggers is possible? I play on Standard so I don't give a shit about a little risk here and there, although I'm certainly not looking to die every 5 seconds. I really don't want to go shield.

EDIT 3:

Never mind, back to Evasion. Armor is kinda boring (already done it). I'll see how much reduced mana reserved nodes I can get. Probably have to run Evasion + Discipline, no Hatred for me.

I'll try this for now, I forgot I can steal Alpha's Howl from my archer:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcFfQW1DkgOrRB7ES8RlhIgFHUVUBXXFr8Y2x0UHhofAiFgJ6koKii1KjgrCiy_LR8uCDBUMHw2xTrtQKBDnEcGTC1Ms1FHVmNW6lb1WfNei19qZp5tGXBScFZwu3DVdEF08XfXfeN_K3_Ggh6GrofbiEKNv49Gj_qQG5J9l9CYb5lXmZqaE52jpn-nCKc0rs-xs7TFtUi297k-vjrAGsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3qz_jWiteG2CTbGttu29Tb5-OE5c_rY-uO7BjtQe9O8-r1S_rS_Kv_kw==

Of course, it's possible to dualwield daggers. But i dont think that dualwielding is an optimal way to play CI melee. Shield just has too many benefits, and the main of them is greatly increased ES pool. You also can use any melee skill effectively with shield, but while dual-wielding, the only effective skill is Dual Strike.

With Alpha's Howl and certain passives, you can be immune to Chill (and Freeze, of course), not with my build though - you need dexterity path to perform that.
Freeze immunity isnt required, in my opinion, but chill immunity gives buch better benefits.

Hatred is an extremely useful aura. Grace is much weaker compared to it (unless +75 coldres map, at least).

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Shield just has too many benefits, and the main of them is greatly increased ES pool.

An excellent point. Given my sub-par ES gear now that's probably all for the best. Thanks for bringing it up!

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Hatred is an extremely useful aura. Grace is much weaker compared to it (unless +75 coldres map, at least).

Would EV on gear (bearing in mind that quite a few of my pieces should probably be pure ES) be enough to sustain a good EV rating? That's my concern - that I don't have enough EV to be worthwhile.

EDIT:

Also, if I'm going for EV (meaning very little armor), is it still worth trying to get RRR on any piece of gear for CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call? I've never actually used CWDT before, to be honest, so I confess I'm not sure about how the effectiveness of this 3L combo ties to armor rating.
Last edited by _avenged_ on Jan 5, 2014, 2:42:24 PM
"
_avenged_ wrote:

Would EV on gear (bearing in mind that quite a few of my pieces should probably be pure ES) be enough to sustain a good EV rating? That's my concern - that I don't have enough EV to be worthwhile.

"Why should i dodge blows i dont care?".
Seriously, why do you think you need evasion AT ALL???????? Just give me any reason, why you need evasion there, please, and i'll prove you're wrong. You dont need block too. And you dont need armour either, BTW.

"
_avenged_ wrote:

Also, if I'm going for EV (meaning very little armor), is it still worth trying to get RRR on any piece of gear for CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call? I've never actually used CWDT before, to be honest, so I confess I'm not sure about how the effectiveness of this 3L combo ties to armor rating.

You will need RRRR for CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-increased duration. Or, RRR for CWDT-increased duration-Immortal Call and RR for CWDT-Enduring Cry. Yes, it's insanely effective.

Atlas, i have seen you got Voll's Devotion amulets. I am interested to know how exactly it works. I am trying to make theorycrafting to make CI melee immune to any damage type, and to consistently gain endurance charges enough to keep Immortal Call uptime all the time, Voll's Devotion could be handy.

Let's say, i have 5 power charges and use Discharge. Will i get 5 endurance charges from Voll's Devotion then?

Build, that can be immune to everything with 100% uptime may be not very practical, but it is a perfect way to troll GGG and some of their endgame mechanics, and boses like Dominus particulary.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 6, 2014, 7:43:21 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"Why should i dodge blows i dont care?".
Seriously, why do you think you need evasion AT ALL???????? Just give me any reason, why you need evasion there, please, and i'll prove you're wrong. You dont need block too. And you dont need armour either, BTW.

As a backup plan. I don't have enough ES and I don't have enough LL even with VP to be confident of leeching more than I eat. And I'm still working on those resistances. I can't ever guarantee that I'll never be in a situation where I could potentially take enough damage to die. It's Standard, yeah, but I'd still like to try not to die lol.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You will need RRRR for CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-increased duration. Or, RRR for CWDT-increased duration-Immortal Call and RR for CWDT-Enduring Cry. Yes, it's insanely effective.

Roger that. Anything more than RR is potentially a bitch to get given that the alignment of all my gear is almost entirely Blue or Blue/Green...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info