VarthDaver's Witchslap | 48k DPS Melee CI

Sorry for not checking this for a while guys, been experimenting a lot in game. Let met provide some updates.

Here is my current gear. Current ES with discipline is at 4361. Still a bit to get to my target 5k mark.
Spoiler

Shield | Will be looking for a similar Archon shield (500 / 1500) to "swap"

Jewelry | I was able to update to some new items. The neck is still far from what I want, but it has enough XX Melee dmg to be strong while getting some regen up. Dream frags becomes increasingly important. I use it on maps most maps by default. I use Shav's Rev ring when there is sustained dmg and I need additional survivability.

Spec | I have made some changes to address resists and total ES.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcFtQdjDH0M9w5IEHsQfxEvEVARlhoyGtsdFB8CJCUn7So4Kwosvy0fMHw2xTvhPC09Xz3iPs9DY0cGTDVMs099UUdRYFJTVytY9VnzX2pmnm0ZcH1xTXKperh82X8rf8aAVoXFh2WIa42_j0aP-peVms-cLZ3EoqOnCKcrpzSplayqrpO0xbb3tzG3PrfTuJO71r3mvjrAGsEAwcXB88Lsw23E9saexq7WitfL2CTbGtvn3rDi9-OC44TmfOaB5wvsGPPd9Uv5Y_rS

In reference to many of the Abyssus comments | What I meant is that using Death's Oath with Abyssus allows it to negate the difference on a non armor only mitigated attack. Its fair to compare the reduction with Abyssus and Oath to having neither and running pure ES.

That said, I did some playing with spec to run full ES, and I currently can get to 9400ES. This is a really big number, but it has a problem. The damage goes to crap. The socket colors matter a lot, and I would be VERY interested in comparing dps with anyone willing to lend me a RRRRRx ES chest (5 Red, 1 other).

I am still working on getting more videos but my main machine does not like capturing them much. If anyone has experience with multi-monitor, multiple GPU SLI machines, let me know. I can run from RAM Disk, but have a very strong machine and have been unable to sustain local recording wtih Fraps, DxTory, and a few others.

--

I am willing to run with anyone in game, once I get some more videos done, will update this and debate you all the math on abyssus. I can tell you nothing I have played can clear anywhere near as fast, and nothing makes it look this good. I have an updated picture with the new gear skins.

Updated Example Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NproXimWXdM

It is one of my first attempts at uploading now that I got OBS working to record. Its a sample map, L77 with moderate mods. You can see me eating a reflect pack at about 1:00 in, and mostly tanking the boss at 9:00. All in all, you can see I am in almost no danger at any time, and my tooltip is down at like 16k (swapped in fire pen, 6R).

The other players is sherkhan (who mentioned we run maps together earlier in the thread). He looks solid with the incredible speed of his build.

Its a long video due to temp chains, and frost, just a slow map. I took a few other 73-75 maps I will try to get some most video's posted from.

Is this the hardest map? No, but its a legitimate endgame map, if you re-roll maze mods, I would question your understanding of map drop mechanics. I uploaded this video first to show 68+ maps are a joke, as are most 74+.

Will soon upload Kole killing himself on my spikey shield!

Edit: http://youtu.be/1fLuKcxGviw, a solo 74 maps cakewalk.
Last edited by VarthDaver on Sep 11, 2013, 6:29:17 AM
Good to see that horrible Daresso is gone.

How are you handling stuns?
Honestly, I am very rarely stunned for much duration. I have recently been using a single flask with stun recovery on it (currently my Ruby Flask).

Evasion is just superior to armor when it comes to stuns, if I was pure armor, I would be stunned at least another 50% making it would likely be a larger issue. From wiki: "Evading an attack prevents all damage and other harmful effects including status ailments and stun."

One thing to note is that if I take off Ondar's Guile, I am stunned constantly (it feels). I think people fail to realize how much of their stuns are from projectiles, that talents makes a massive massive perceptual difference.

I did notice however, that on the 77 map with the chains and frost, that my total attack speed was so low, I was open to being interrupted, and had a massive dps loss. In the future, will run MS instead of fire pen (or at least bring the gem withe me).
unless u put 20k+ chroms ull never get 6 offcolors and itll prolly not be the colors u want anyways(like 4greens2greens)
i know a guy who got 4reds2greens on a shav(perfect for lowlife frenzy and etc) and was selling 75ex. managed to get it 6l in few fuses. selling at 100ex now... 6l shav is like 55-62ex normally

ur betetr off getting a saintly chest with 500-600es (its rly the only way unless ur insane...trust me.... i tried to get 5offcolors on a vaalchest... 3.6k chroms and only few 4 offcolors)

also dont scale the fire dmg. u dont cale hatred and ur just making leeching life/surviving harder for u on ele reflects. if u scale physical ull scale fire anyways and will leech more to surtvive(bloodrage and deathsoath r only life leech on phys attack dmg)

Last edited by Shuh on Sep 13, 2013, 3:22:00 PM
To be honest I actually got RRRRGG while I was chroming my Shav's to death, but its not what I wanted at the time (nor now really). I thought about selling it, but since its my only item to 6L, I am emotionally invested.

Either way, the build is significantly weaker with ES rather than Oath, without a few thousand armor on chest, abyssus becomes a liability.

I have uploaded some videos of it above doing 74/77 maps, and will add more as time comes along.

Some people will never consider a build like this viable, but just remember "viable" is the word used when people mean "easy." I wanted to share a build, and its a powerful one.

Keep your eyes up, I will be shaving my full Life 48k DPS Incinerate Cyba's Paw Build soon, almost worked all all the kinks, and did a few 76+ maps already.
Hello I was the person to contact you in game. And I asked if you would be able to post a build for the Death's Oath face breaker build, starting from the Duelist starting node. Thank you in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info