VarthDaver's Witchslap | 48k DPS Melee CI

"
VarthDaver wrote:
The whole initial goal was to make Death's Oath based build. Its important here for two reasons that are both related.

The first is the massive +stats that allow you flexibility in path and gem level.

Abyssus is one of if not *the* most powerful helms in game. It isn't safe like Bringer, and the "increased" 42% damage is a risk.

By using Oath with Abyssus, you are well on the way to neutralize the additional damage of Abyssus. You easily exceed it with just 2 endurance charges. Determination would also allow you to exceed it, as would granite Flasks, and as would Enfeeble.

I think we can all agree, that if your final dmg reduction from armor exceeds the increased (precalc) amount added from the helm , its a breakeven.

Could you be even more tanky without the helm, sure; where is the fun in that though?

Im gonna assume this was a reply to me about why are you using deaths oath.

So first of all lets get into the goods and bads of using this chest as a CI user.

Goods

* High Armor
* Attack Speed
* Life Leech

Bad

* 0 ES
* 47 to all attributes (you don't even need this)
* 450 chaos damage is nothing

So looking at your tree and why you don't need those attributes, infernal blow skill cost 151 str at lvl 20. You have 143 str just in passives and your ammy, so to fix this you remove one shitty block node and replace it with a 30 str node.

You need 151 dex as well, and you have only 143 from ammy and passives. Now, where else could you find this besides gear? Remove a 4% area node and replace it with a 30 dex node.

So your point about this chest allowing more flexibility in passives and gem level is moot.

The attack speed and armor is good, but its not worth the amount of extra life you can get. You could get all of that armor back just by getting str and dex on something else, and dumping all of those crappy block nodes between witch and templar, and 1 area node, then you grab IR and use grace.
@ToNotBeDetermined
6l deaths oath is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than a half decent 6l saintly chainmal
and dont even try to 5-6 offcolor a vaal regalia

47all stats is 47strg. for facebreaker a lil strg(any dmg stat rly) does alot of dmg and 47int is around 8% es. it ahs 12all res and close to doubling life leech is very notable

only things i dont like about this build is no freezeimmune, no stun immune and unable to cast it more than 4-5 times

its not map viable

also.. why a damn dassero? 13-25 flat phys would prolly give 4-5k more dps than a 6-12 ring(lets u use a dreamfragment). and def 6k more than a dassero

---

side note ima frenzy deaths oath ci facebreaker duelist

but a deaths oath build is ideal if u use that nomana axe, an auxium and u go reave/dualstrike/ls and scale pcharges(u can get 7k es easy that way)

gear:
Spoiler

build:

issues is mana cost of frenzy so need huge mana pool to up manaleech speed
4.9k+ es, 52%armor, 76-79res, 27.98k dps( 36k with another flat phys ring)
prolly, with that helm and a 6l. itd go in the 60k but that wouldnt be map viable(extra phys dmg taken, less es and manacost 2 hard to maintain so less total dps and surva)
grace, purity, disc, hatred (can run anger but only gives 250dps)

also ghuuda did the testing and he conclued it wasnt viable without above amazing gg gear(total hp, chaos res, life regen%)as a hp user(10sec running witout leeching, phys reflect, getting dotted or dmged heavily)
-Shuh
Last edited by Shuh on Sep 1, 2013, 8:34:21 PM
Thanks for the information in the response, will have to look up some of the reference you mention.

Daresso is in there as its only a few hundred ES, and I don't yet have a better alternative. Would love you have similar to your description.

I am not sure what you mean by not map viable though, I have done a few dozen of them without any real issue. Most are 68-72, sure, but most are over 80%. I died once on a Temple map with ele refelct on ele reflect mob which was high health golem pack. This has been my only death while grnding / mapping with this character, and was one of my first attempts.

--- working on getting some more videos --

I am struggling with getting some better videos, the quality on twitch was subpar, but it at least worked. Most things I have attempted dislike multiple monitor setups with multiple GPU's and RAMdisk it seems.
the ring was 5chaos(needed 9-15, needed 25+ fire and +10 allr es, and +40 mana. the amy 9chaos2alch(was only good 1 on the 6 choices of the selection i had made)

flat phys gear doesnt go for much if its es

maybe it is map viable i just dont get how u can deal with seawitches freeze spam or a good stunlock
and can u run maps with 6ppl and attack nosntop or u do 1 mulstrike volley and do 1 akward 6k dps whiteswing punch and another multistrike volley cuz if thats the casee u do more like like 25k constant dps but 48k burst.

have u tried swapping fasterattack for multistrike?

i just noticed ur attack only costs 58mana. with 2%manaleech ud have no mana issue ever u can get that from mind drinker in the shadow section(ull be capped with just 9k dps physical though so dont think u want more mana leech %. u cant mana leech more than 20% of ur manapool epr sec. ud be fine with 1% or just using the leech curse(warlords mark). my frenzy is 98mana as a 5l (ur r so lucky. i could run wanderlusts and another dps ring if my attack was only asking 58mana)à

i would put immortal call on my bar. 20q with 20q inc duration. that way u can be immune to phys reflect and phys dmg that would 1shot u... with 3.5k es

edit: just put ur immo call instead of reduced mana in ur bloodrage item
Last edited by Shuh on Sep 1, 2013, 11:02:45 PM
"
Shuh wrote:
u cant mana leech more than 20% of ur manapool epr sec

12.5%
"
G1deon wrote:
"
Shuh wrote:
u cant mana leech more than 20% of ur manapool epr sec

12.5%

o. woops
Can you also include intermediary trees as you leveled up? This looks interesting and I'd be willing to try it in HC but I'm a bit curious as to how you survived early to midgame.
"
stormbard wrote:
Can you also include intermediary trees as you leveled up? This looks interesting and I'd be willing to try it in HC but I'm a bit curious as to how you survived early to midgame.

I do not honestly think this would be able to be done even close below level 65/70. I mostly wanted to share the idea, so people could see it being possible, and see some of the mechanics. I enjoy playing it a lot.

If you wanted to level to it, best advice would be to level as traditional HP FB/IB build, and try to find a really good shield, and 6L in the process. There are a lot of variants, but I wouldn't recommend this as a guide.
Respecced my witch and realized that Daresso's salute is anarchy only. FML. Only a month's wait until I can make use of her.
"
IncanGold wrote:
Respecced my witch and realized that Daresso's salute is anarchy only. FML. Only a month's wait until I can make use of her.

Yeah i kinda traded a lot of shit for the gear and then realized that, >.> fml
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) When you disconnect in the lab ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info