ES, GS, or GTFO

"
anubite wrote:
110% sounds about right, I haven't counted since the shadow in question is basically on hold for now; and yes, I also never take the bandit rewards, always get +1 passive point

If you want someone using both life and energy shield, there just aren't enough passive points to support getting equal/balanced amounts of both. You have to min/max one or the other, supporting life or es with dodge and/or armor.

"

Wrath + Anger shouldn't be an issue, though I'm not sure how much they'll help you since you focused more on physical damage than elemental. Hatred would probably be the better option if you had to pick between the pair of Wrath + Anger or Hatred.

Well, if you notice, I do get +% wand elemental damage passives, I'll also be using +weapon elemental damage passives since Iron Grip isn't really worth a support gem slot; 10% of my physical damage is converted into each kind of element too. Using all 3 auras would give me a good damage boost, though not amazing.

I didn't mean a big amount of both life + ES, I understand your buffer idea. I originally thought you were only using Evasion, but you cleared that up - it should be fine if you let your ES recharge between encounters.

Weapon elemental support gem is pretty much a given for any elemental, attack based character unless they cannot support it for mana reasons (in which case, there's a design flaw in the build imo). And yes, Anger + Wrath would help if you could run them both with Hatred, but I have a feeling you'll see more use in Hatred if you had to pick between them.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
-stalks monopoly- ._.
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
Maybe GGG Should introduce one-way paths in the skill tree, to allow witches to get south without supercharging access of others to CI, for example.

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Maybe GGG Should introduce one-way paths in the skill tree, to allow witches to get south without supercharging access of others to CI, for example.

Petrov.

Definitely an interesting suggestion. It'd probably be easier to add more of the global nodes or spread/rebalance the current ones, but that still leaves a lot of holes. The one way path thing would have to be carefully considered, but it definitely sounds like a cool idea.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 26, 2012, 12:53:45 PM
"
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Petrov.

Definitely an interesting suggestion. It'd probably be easier to add more of the global nodes or spread/rebalance the current ones, but that still leaves a lot of holes. The one way path thing would have to be carefully considered, but it definitely sounds like a cool idea.

Not a fan of 1 way pathing at all.

Perhaps they could add some life/ES nodes on the witch/shadow side?
"
indczn wrote:
"
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Petrov.

Not a fan of 1 way pathing at all.

Perhaps they could add some life/ES nodes on the witch/shadow side?

ES isn't a problem at all imo, it's more the life and things associated with it (regen, armor, etc.) I wouldn't expect to see that kind of stuff in that area, though. Global modifiers, on the other hand, can be anywhere - why not have more by the west and bottom sides of the tree?

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 26, 2012, 1:24:19 PM
Just to give an idea, here's a 0.9.11 Tree* that I had planned - it was a Templar with plenty of mana, mana regen, mana on kill passives, tons of block chance, a decent amount of elemental damage with weapons (+ the current Fusillade equivalent) and all power charges. It had plenty of life and a bit of critical modifiers (focusing more on Multiplier due to having 300% crit from Power Charges already). It also covered all the stat requirements for gems, and the build was only at 81 points (what I currently build to).

That tree was put together in less than 10 minutes, and the only major flaw would have been a possible accuracy issue. In the 0.9.12 Tree, I've spent countless hours building stuff and cannot even get half of what I listed. Perhaps I've tasted the forbidden fruit, but this is what has been so frustrating about the whole ordeal. Pre-0.9.11 was even easier to stack up modifiers I wanted, but this is the most recent example I've got.

*Note that the tree is not accessible unless you have a copy of the 0.9.11 Offline Skill Tree saved on your computer or some similar way to view previous trees.

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 27, 2012, 12:03:44 AM
Check out this video by XvXReaperXvX. SHows my build in action.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51868
RIP Bolto
"
That tree was put together in less than 10 minutes, and the only major flaw would have been a possible accuracy issue. In the 0.9.12 Tree, I've spent countless hours building stuff and cannot even get half of what I listed. Perhaps I've tasted the forbidden fruit, but this is what has been so frustrating about the whole ordeal. Pre-0.9.11 was even easier to stack up modifiers I wanted, but this is the most recent example I've got.

I'll have a look, and see what we can do about this. There was no intention to limit builds people wanted to do with 0.9.12.

Thanks Qarl. :)

EDIT: Watching that vid now, very interesting!

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 27, 2012, 12:46:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info