Inventory Management "Systems"

I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to my stash. However, I'm finding that managing my inventory is becoming a bit burdensome and I'm wondering what filing systems some of you are employing to put things into your stashes (and be able to find items later, for those items deserving special consideration).

I'm predominantly interested in answers from players with 20+ tabs, as I'm not interested in answers that include "sell everything but what you're wearing" ;-).

The HC race was very clarifying at how much more fun this game can be (for me) when my inventory management system is crystal clear and requires no conscious thinking. For the race, my system evolved into 1 gem tab, 1 currency tab, 1 +qual tab, 2 tabs of "whites to be crafted", 2 tabs of "good items to re-use if I die and have to re-level", and then the rest of my tabs were a non ordered dumping ground of rares to be Alchemy checked with Chrome Extension.

But that doesn't cut it for Default and Regular HC. So I'm looking for ideas to try now during CB, so that when we hit OB I'll have this already sorted out (no pun intended).

Some of the questions in my mind:
- How much room to reserve for gems (single tab, one for each color?)
- Should I sort by likely class usage, by item type, by level range, by something else?
- How do I stash that killer 2H level 20 sword I used to level my Marauder with, so that I can find it later?
- What to keep for sure, what to keep conditionally, what to dump?

In general, I'm looking for all ideas so I can use this CB time to figure out what is best (and figure out if I need to buy even more tabs ;-).
Well I do:
- 1 tab of gems, put duplicates into random gear (easy to find with PoEHelper)
- 1 tab of Currency
- 1 tab per class of lvl 0-15/15-30/30-40/40-50/50-60/60+ gear for twinking purposes
- 2 tabs of weapons, same lvl ranges
- 1 tab of nice socketed high ilvl whites
- 1 tab of MF gear
Pages:
1) Primary currency/stuff I'm rolling
2) Secondary currency (whetstones, scrolls, etc)
3) Required Level 1-15 required Gems
4) Required Level 19-24 Gems
5) Required Level 31 Gems
6) Gems with quality
7) Special flasks/flasks with quality
8) Rings
9) Amulets
10) Level 1-10 "twink" gear
11) Level 11-19 "twink" gear
12) Level 20-29 "twink" gear
13) Level 30-39 "twink" gear
14) Level 40-49 "twink" gear
15) Level 50-59 "twink" gear
16) Level 60+ "twink" gear
17) Magic Find stuff
18) Uniques
19 - 25) Crappy rares for vendor recipes

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: For the gems, I have 4 rows reserved for each color (12 total rows to a tab). I prioritize supports before skill gems due to (generally) having fewer of them. This way, they're easier to locate.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 20, 2012, 8:53:29 AM
I'm liking some of these ideas already. Who else has something to contribute? Don't be shy!
Mine:
1: Currency and items I like to swap around in my build
2: Blue gems and gear I might use on a future witch char
3: green gems
4: red gems and uniques
5: Rare belts and rings
6-15: All other rare gear for the chrome extension
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info