GGG, when does Cutthroat start?????

Is there going to be another cutthroat test? Does cutthroat come out in the upcoming pvp patch, or is this only arena battles in normal league?

Do we wait for cutthroat to come out in OB?
Best bet is to just keep an eye out in the Beta Events/Leagues Forum for any such tests and likely in-game announcements.

I think it's scheduled for .13, but don't hold me to that. :p
i am pretty sure that there will be another test.. pretty sure anyway
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
I hope so. I am surprised given the pushed back schedule and not including PvP in .12 hasn't resulted in more cut throat tests, especially during open weekend. I can only assume this means they have a ton of work/ideas in store for PvP before they test it again. It's been almost a month since we had a cut throat event.
Last edited by VivaEmptiness on Sep 19, 2012, 3:05:23 PM
"
VivaEmptiness wrote:
I hope so. I am surprised given the pushed back schedule and not including PvP in .12 hasn't resulted in more cut throat tests, especially during open weekend. I can only assume this means they have a ton of work/ideas in store for PvP before they test it again. It's been almost a month since we had a cut throat event.

The sad part is, i was not able to play when that test was out, so i never tried cutthroat ):. Im just REALLY looking forward to it because it looks so fun. I think its a little wierd that we have like, 1 week hardcore races, but only 1 hour cutthroat test, but sure, the developers are prob. not done with cutthroat despite the fact that Chris uploaded the "Chris plays the one hour cutthroat test" video.

They might also be busy in making act 3, PvP arenas, possible unique items and bugs....

Edit: not making bugs lol, i mean fixing bugs XD.
The thing about cut-throat is.. they haven't figured out how to actually make the league work permanently. After one hour the level difference of people already gets pretty big and the levelers can go pking in low maps with no risk. Something like.. a guy getting lvl 14 in 50 minutes then going to mud flats and destroying everyone who was just focusing on pking..
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
We'll continue to run tests when we can (the next one will probably be when 0.9.13 is deployed as it has a lot of PvP changes).

A permanent league is intended though requires some work to implement new rules that we have in mind - I'm hoping soon but not totally sure yet. Act 3/Arena PvP/Trade are the current priorities.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
sounds fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info