[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2018: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

Oh yeah, movement Skills are very expensive. Those Leap Slammers back in the day were so hungry. Good thing Trickster is amazing.
THe Flickster is pretty great but a fully loaded Whirling Goddess...catching a boss in *just* the right space...UMU!
If I'm on this account and not the main one, chances are I'm waiting for Support to do something. It's fine, TencentGGG. I didn't want to play your stupid game anyway...baka.
Last edited by The_Scourge on Feb 5, 2018, 3:24:07 AM
My cleave champion build is terrible at the moment, but I am using charged dash and WB for movement. CD is pretty fun, but needs WB to get space in a crowd. Finding Bronn's Lithe was kind of useful. I think I am just going to level for awhile and figure out what I want to do with my tree.
Charged Dash is WAY better than I expected. Stylish too.
If I'm on this account and not the main one, chances are I'm waiting for Support to do something. It's fine, TencentGGG. I didn't want to play your stupid game anyway...baka.
"
The_Scourge wrote:
Charged Dash is WAY better than I expected. Stylish too.

Same here, it was offered as a quest reward for the duelist I started playing the other day and I grabbed it on a whim since none of the gems offered are needed for what I'm building. With no supports it was much stronger than I expected and cleared trash mobs fairly well. First time trying the skill, was not disappointed. :)
Please excuse me if I come across a bit rambly, incoherent or completely off-topic. Fibro fog is a motherfucker.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
But it's no Whirling Blades. :P
I'm really liking my reave build (level 82). I started with molten strike, which does more damage, but wasn't much fun.

Charan, is your WB guy public?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Feb 5, 2018, 11:53:57 PM
"
ChanBalam wrote:

Charan, is your WB guy public?

Should be. Not this account though.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/%E9%AC%BC%E6%AE%BA%E3%81%97/characters

StanceDanceRevolution -- pretty much self found gear, maybe a hand-me-down or two. I havent bothered master crafting either.

Early days yet but good grief did I wreck Avaricence. Ultimate goal is to get 100% chance to bleed, enough life to survive AoE Degens and plenty of DoT/Bleed/physical damage. Since I'm rarely standing still, things are constantly moving while bleeding. Blasphemous Vulnerability always triggers since I'm at pretty much point blank range when I hit, and it's a huge damage increase.

The only real problem is naturally terrain. This is especially bad in Abyss since you can't WB over the damn hole. So a few times, I've really struggled to get to that rare boss if he's on the other side. That aside, easy breezy.

And while terrain is my biggest problem, it's also my biggest strength. If you can trap an enemy between two narrow walls and WB at them within that corridor, you can install kill pretty much anything, because the whirl never stops. It just bounces back and forth very, very quickly. But it's so situational it's more like a bonus than anything. This was almost impossible before Walk The Aether, of course.

I could probably deactivate Her Embrace for much more durability but that's seriously against character. :)
Last edited by The_Scourge on Feb 6, 2018, 12:54:50 AM
Thanks!! Looks interesting. I've never done a WB character.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
It's awesome except when it's not.

Also, lol. Kitava can't be targeted by it up close since you can't whirl 'through' him. So I had to zip away, and then zip at him. A lot. His heart was a snap though.

Theoretical 100 point spend. I'll do the damage nodes last.

it's super inefficient node-wise but Walk The Aether is basically a BUNCH of mana nodes saved so I figure a bit of a skillgrimage is worth it if you're breezing up the levels, as I am.

Until I got Walk the Aether, I was relying on Essence Sap.
Last edited by The_Scourge on Feb 6, 2018, 2:30:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info