[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2017: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

"
Completed 1 Challengesidtherat wrote:
"
Completed 11 ChallengesXavderion wrote:
"
anyway it is a nice ploy to make us ignore real issues with this game.. chasing recipe for a (sorry for that) useless unique..

No fun allowed guys, this is serious business. Stop having fun already!

eeer? got issues?

It's just that we're enjoying ourselves with this puzzle. That doesn't take away from other issues, but we're not focusing on those here. This thread is fun. :)

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Completed 11 ChallengesZadmeir wrote:

Two that burn, two in hand (two Elegant Blades with "Burning" prefixes), and one that sits unused (Goddess Bound)

I'm not seeing why the Goddess Bound sits unused. Seems she would be in hand.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
I cannot test my theory since I don't have the goddess bound, but I'll throw this out for someone to test. I admit skimming though some pages, but I think I'm breaking into some new ground here. If we assume the first line is ingredients and not just an allusion to goddess bound, goddess scorned and goddess unleashed, "three so fine" could mean a total of three q20 swords. One divine (goddess bound) and one a matching bruise (whalebone rapier with same sockets and links as the goddess bound being used) third "fine" sword is either another q20 whalebone rapier or possibly a q20 elegant sword.

2nd line. This might also just describe the three goddess swords. Bound and scorned both add fire damage and are in hand since they are in the game (and use both hand slots). Unleashed is not in the game yet so is unused. If it is ingredients, then two that burn could could be fire trap and searing bond. Both actually cause burning damage. Both are quest rewards for the duelist. Rapiers are str dex weapons. Duelist is str dex.

Two in hand could be two rings. Ruby or iron seem most appropriate.

One that sits unused is probably a shield, since you cannot equip a shield with this sword.

3rd and 4th lines. Some currency items. Probably nothing too rare. Some combination of chaos and chance would likely be two that spark confusion. Blessed or divine are also a possibility, but might be too rare. One that gives could be augment, or regal. (Or exalt, but again, probably too rare) One that takes is scouring. One that weeps is regret.

Edit: fixed a typo.
IGN TiyAmonet
Last edited by HoopyFrood on Aug 22, 2013 4:00:13 PM
Jeweller's & Fusings seem to spark confusion with the recent changes...

"Two that burn": Just Burning Arrow and Increased Burning Damage?
Last edited by Qpic on Aug 22, 2013 4:08:21 PM
"
"
Completed 11 ChallengesZadmeir wrote:

Two that burn, two in hand (two Elegant Blades with "Burning" prefixes), and one that sits unused (Goddess Bound)

I'm not seeing why the Goddess Bound sits unused. Seems she would be in hand.

-VG-

I figure it's unused because, by level 28, The Goddess Bound has likely been replaced with something better. So it's probably sitting unused in the stash.
Last edited by Zadmeir on Aug 22, 2013 4:10:06 PM
"
anyway it is a nice ploy to make us ignore real issues with this game.. chasing recipe for a (sorry for that) useless unique..

before anyone say that i do not have one:

WOW dude you must be the coolest guy in the game you have 3...Is that what you wanted to hear?
otherwise why post the links without any real context besides hey look what i got, ha ha you dont.

there has not been a single post that has said well you dont have 1..so there is no other explanation. at least when this guy did it he was making a point other than look how cool I am

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/482920/page/24

Spoiler
oh wait that was me..guess your are not the coolest or the first (by the way I am in no way "cool" so as the kids say what now dog

I wish everyone luck as I am going to be gone for a few days to a place with an ancient connection at best..so thinking i wont be here much I hope you find the recipe so when I get back I can get to work on creating these masterpieces.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/141847 (shop)
IGN; xxdaath or aleister_crowley_lives

he who knows little believes he knows much
he who knows much as learned of his ignorance
I even tried both of these...

Wraeclastian + Deadpeng = LOVE
Me and a friend of mine came up with a theory. We don't have the sword to test it out so, maybe someone can test it for us.

Three so fine, one divine, and one a matching bruise,
Chaos (3 faces), Divine Orb, Regal (all faces)

Two that burn, two in hand, and one that sits unused,
Unique sword that Charan designed (maybe 2 of them)

Two that spark confusion, one that gives, one that takes,
Orb of Chance (it could be Exalt or Augmentation, but we think it isn't), Orb of Scouring

And one that weeps when all alone... an oath fulfilled makes.
Clarissa theory may work here... we couldn't come up with something new.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Really can't believe the recipe hasn't been discover yet...

Oh well..

Devs please keep the unwanted negative nancy's out of this thread. It's been such a pleasure to read and enjoy

/rant

Spoiler
Aahhh so sad. I was reading several pages back...or perhaps it was in 9451 last night where Charan mentioned how pleased he was that the thread has really grown without any arguments or shit slinging. Alas that time has passed. You always have a few sore dicks trying to ruin the fun of others..in this case many others.

If I were a Dev or Mod I would ban..IP ban.. people who behave in such ways. I'm so sick and tired of asshats, douchebags, elitest jerks, wannabe interweb tough guys that I would ban and delete accounts of these types before I would RMT types.

/rant
"
Completed 2 ChallengesDnAngel wrote:
Me and a friend of mine came up with a theory. We don't have the sword to test it out so, maybe someone can test it for us.

Three so fine, one divine, and one a matching bruise,
Chaos (3 faces), Divine Orb, Regal (all faces)

Two that burn, two in hand, and one that sits unused,
Unique sword that Charan designed (maybe 2 of them)

Two that spark confusion, one that gives, one that takes,
Orb of Chance (it could be Exalt or Augmentation, but we think it isn't), Orb of Scouring

And one that weeps when all alone... an oath fulfilled makes.
Clarissa theory may work here... we couldn't come up with something new.

I'm pretty sure this has been tried. Like one of the first few combo's I do believe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info