[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2017: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I notice you didn't actually deny being Lord Voldemort.

"
Rhys wrote:
Try thinking along the lines of "The Rule of Two".

Charan confirmed as Lord Voldemort AND Emperor Palpatine.
So, he's Lord Emperor Palpemort?

Lord Emperor Voldatine sounds like one of those mixable drinks.

The only way I can see of interpreting "Rule of Two", assuming it is the Star Wars one and not something else we're not instantly thinking of, is that it suggests Bound is the Apprentice, Scorned is the master... and we're upgrading Bound to beat Scorned, rather than upgrading Scorned.

I'm not sure if it helps at all, or even makes sense having Bound > Scorned as well as Bound > Unleashed...

*Shrugs* The last stanza has always given me the most trouble, and being told that... well, it helps knowing we don't have to work the first two to death any more... but, doesn't help me solve the third.
[deleted] - duplicate - probably PEBKAC error on my part.
PoE Origins - The Ranger's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1252902
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 7, 2016 10:37:18 PM
"
Zahndethus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I notice you didn't actually deny being Lord Voldemort.

"
Rhys wrote:
Try thinking along the lines of "The Rule of Two".

Charan confirmed as Lord Voldemort AND Emperor Palpatine.

depeche-mode-master-and-servant-1984-5

One Vaal Gem, One non Vaal gem - most likely Righteous Fire

(I tried this, but not with a 6 socket or 6 link exquisite since I didn't have at the time - I'll try chroming and linking the 6 socket I have and check)

If corrupted to the right level or percentages, this would make the gem scarce enough to cause the availability Rhys listed.

Corrupted/Non Corrupted gems of the same type could also fit the Master and Servant pattern, and by themselves account for scarcity of ingredients on the various leagues as well as the whole cost - if it isn't a 6L (which it seems to be).

Last thought on this for the moment - if the "three to help" are not three pair of gems, they could be three of the same type of gem - Righteous Fire (uncorrupted) Righteous Fire (Corrupted) and Vaal Righteous Fire.

3 gems - yet paired up in two different ways imperfectly.

OK - time to log in and see if the chromatic force is behaving today.

PoE Origins - The Ranger's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1252902
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 7, 2016 10:25:11 PM
"
Completed 4 ChallengesDalaiLama wrote:

depeche-mode-master-and-servant-1984-5

(I tried this, but not with a 6 socket or 6 link exquisite since I didn't have at the time - I'll try chroming and linking the 6 socket I have and check)

If corrupted to the right level or percentages, this would make the gem scarce enough to cause the availability Rhys listed.

Corrupted/Non Corrupted gems of the same type could also fit the Master and Servant pattern, and by themselves account for scarcity of ingredients on the various leagues as well as the whole cost - if it isn't a 6L (which it seems to be).

Last thought on this for the moment - if the "three to help" are not three pair of gems, they could be three of the same type of gem - Righteous Fire (uncorrupted) Righteous Fire (Corrupted) and Vaal Righteous Fire.

Are you in standard? I have a gorillion chromes there, but I'm tied up for several hours.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
It's definitely worth checking out, the Regular-Corrupt-Vaal combo has been suggested before, but since nobody was really testing things it fell to the wayside and never really became one of those popular leading theories.

Would fit in with everything Rhys said, I believe.
"
Completed 23 ChallengesTheMaker51 wrote:
"
Completed 4 ChallengesDalaiLama wrote:

Are you in standard? I have a gorillion chromes there, but I'm tied up for several hours.

Thanks, but I should have enough - fortunately, the game is generous with these now.
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 8, 2016 1:14:18 AM
If anyone else needs help getting a piece that isn't the 6l, PM me for sure, I'd be happy to help.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Tried these - hopefully the 6 socket doesn't need to be all the same color:

along with some orbs:

edit - Finally got 6 green sockets, and above linked items - still no luck:

Hmm, don't recall if anyone suggested a pair of jewels (corrupted and non-corrupted) such as
(I did try these with above combination)

I did not try a Haste, Corrupted Haste, Vaal Haste.
or Molten Shell, Corrupted Molten Shell, Vaal Molten Shell.

Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 7, 2016 11:25:26 PM
Rhys' hint that some guesses would have worked perfectly well tells me that you dont need specific quantity or levels, just "at least".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info