[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2018: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

"
Completed 9 ChallengesZahndethus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I notice you didn't actually deny being Lord Voldemort.

"
Rhys wrote:
Try thinking along the lines of "The Rule of Two".

Charan confirmed as Lord Voldemort AND Emperor Palpatine.

One Vaal Gem, One non Vaal gem - most likely Righteous Fire

(I tried this, but not with a 6 socket or 6 link exquisite since I didn't have at the time - I'll try chroming and linking the 6 socket I have and check)

If corrupted to the right level or percentages, this would make the gem scarce enough to cause the availability Rhys listed.

Corrupted/Non Corrupted gems of the same type could also fit the Master and Servant pattern, and by themselves account for scarcity of ingredients on the various leagues as well as the whole cost - if it isn't a 6L (which it seems to be).

Last thought on this for the moment - if the "three to help" are not three pair of gems, they could be three of the same type of gem - Righteous Fire (uncorrupted) Righteous Fire (Corrupted) and Vaal Righteous Fire.

3 gems - yet paired up in two different ways imperfectly.

OK - time to log in and see if the chromatic force is behaving today.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 7, 2016, 10:25:11 PM
"
Completed 11 ChallengesDalaiLama wrote:

(I tried this, but not with a 6 socket or 6 link exquisite since I didn't have at the time - I'll try chroming and linking the 6 socket I have and check)

If corrupted to the right level or percentages, this would make the gem scarce enough to cause the availability Rhys listed.

Corrupted/Non Corrupted gems of the same type could also fit the Master and Servant pattern, and by themselves account for scarcity of ingredients on the various leagues as well as the whole cost - if it isn't a 6L (which it seems to be).

Last thought on this for the moment - if the "three to help" are not three pair of gems, they could be three of the same type of gem - Righteous Fire (uncorrupted) Righteous Fire (Corrupted) and Vaal Righteous Fire.

Are you in standard? I have a gorillion chromes there, but I'm tied up for several hours.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
It's definitely worth checking out, the Regular-Corrupt-Vaal combo has been suggested before, but since nobody was really testing things it fell to the wayside and never really became one of those popular leading theories.

Would fit in with everything Rhys said, I believe.
"
Completed 14 ChallengesTheMaker51 wrote:
"
Completed 11 ChallengesDalaiLama wrote:

Are you in standard? I have a gorillion chromes there, but I'm tied up for several hours.

Thanks, but I should have enough - fortunately, the game is generous with these now.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 8, 2016, 1:14:18 AM
If anyone else needs help getting a piece that isn't the 6l, PM me for sure, I'd be happy to help.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Tried these - hopefully the 6 socket doesn't need to be all the same color:

along with some orbs:

edit - Finally got 6 green sockets, and above linked items - still no luck:

Hmm, don't recall if anyone suggested a pair of jewels (corrupted and non-corrupted) such as
(I did try these with above combination)

I did not try a Haste, Corrupted Haste, Vaal Haste.
or Molten Shell, Corrupted Molten Shell, Vaal Molten Shell.

Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 7, 2016, 11:25:26 PM
Rhys' hint that some guesses would have worked perfectly well tells me that you dont need specific quantity or levels, just "at least".
"
Rhys' hint that some guesses would have worked perfectly well tells me that you dont need specific quantity or levels, just "at least".

That is what I hope, but without confirmation you can't confirm that a particular recipe doesn't work until you test every quality/level combination.
IGN: ShockinglyCute
Ignored...could have been mine if "deleted" has been mentioned ;)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Shaihalud222 wrote:
Well, it seems that what we need to look at is some of the suggestions that immediately fell off the radar. I think I've read every post since this started, and might go back through it, but one immediately comes to mind:

Gems that require two stats. This however doesn't bear any connection to the "Rule of Two" that I can think of.

The things that had been suggested, that were on the right track, but which were ignored or forgotten about, were in reference to Stanza 2.

For instance, we've been on this corrupted gem idea for a while, and that specific could be way off.

-VG-

Edit: Doesn't "Two exalt and one encored" imply two (of maybe the same) high level items (swords?) and TGB ... but not necessarily Scorned?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 8, 2016, 1:28:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info