[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2018: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

"
Completed 4 ChallengesHowitzerMech wrote:

If you're pushing to have Perandus rarely sell the sword that's nice and all, but not helpful in the long term.

That would be a huge letdown, for me at least... Just imagine, the first Unleashed goes to some lucky guy who most likely didn't put an ounce of effort in this thread and likely won't appreciate Her (apart from the 6L) so ends up not buying Her at all - sad.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Heya, I see your ego has finally evolved to a form where you bother to add color formatting to all your posts on the forum. And a fancy nick change to go along. 10/10.

It's kinda silly GGG is not giving more hints at this point, soon enough no one will care about this "quest".
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Completed 10 ChallengesOdoakar wrote:

It's kinda silly GGG is not giving more hints at this point, soon enough no one will care about this "quest".

I think at this point most people have just given up since its apparent it requires a specific 6L sword to craft. Wiht anew league starting noone has the currency to buy a sword like that just to attempt a recipe they might not be able to do. And on standard all the 6L exquisite swords have been bought up and are either being hoarded or are incredibly overpriced due to the speculation around goddess Unleashed.

That means the only way to attempt the recipe yourself is either to yolo 6L an exquisite or save up 1500 fusings. If I had 1500 fusings they would not be used on this sword im afraid.

I wish it had stayed a similar price to scourned where it was a little expensive but obtainable. The weapon itself while powerful is not just a cookie cutter slap this on and you are godmode. It will probably do good damage but you will have horrendous troubles trying to stay alive while using it. It should be in the price range of 'you can get this if you have some spare exalts at the end of a league to throw around and make a crazy build with'. Not 'save up all your fusings for a month for a build that probably cant get past mid tier maps'.
Is there a way we could negotiate a clue, to end all clues?

I mean, one final clue to give us enough of an incentive to finally solve this whole riddle?

Guys, please chime in with me here. I've tried using every clue to the best of my abilities, but I'm still stumped. Spent over 30 in-game hours trying to craft/solve this thing.

And yes, I even have a 6L exquisite blade and have tried it in many combinations.

Where I feel the whole riddle gets lost on me is when it appeared that getting the sword requires having an eternal sword. You can't get an Eternal Sword until you're in Act 3 Merciless. And now with the whole speculations revolving around the exquisite blade....

Does that then mean that using the sword as intended can only be achieved by finding it with 1 character and then passing it on to a 2nd character that starts out in newly in Merciless?

RHYS: HELPPPPPP US.

This might be a bit too meta for people to take seriously. But Rhys' hint about the imperfection came shortly after I begged Rhys to deny specific modifier/quality values as ingredients; arguing that not only are they unfair but also infinitely inhibiting the solution of the riddle.

He did not quote me in his reply or address the quality/"specific values" issue... But one could see his lack of response plus clarification of the imperfection line as a hint to specific values being required...

I honestly really hope that is not the case, which is why I didn't mention this thought till now. But since it wasn't denied I can't rule it out, and since there has been no progress I feel like I have to mention it now.
IGN: ShockinglyCute
"
Gelsamel wrote:
This might be a bit too meta for people to take seriously. But Rhys' hint about the imperfection came shortly after I begged Rhys to deny specific modifier/quality values as ingredients; arguing that not only are they unfair but also infinitely inhibiting the solution of the riddle.

He did not quote me in his reply or address the quality/"specific values" issue... But one could see his lack of response plus clarification of the imperfection line as a hint to specific values being required...

I honestly really hope that is not the case, which is why I didn't mention this thought till now. But since it wasn't denied I can't rule it out, and since there has been no progress I feel like I have to mention it now.

If this is true, then I imagine the most likely specific value for quality on the gems would be 3.

...and annoyingly, possibly leveled to 3 also.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Mar 7, 2016, 6:19:45 PM
"
Completed 10 ChallengesOdoakar wrote:
Heya, I see your ego has finally evolved to a form where you bother to add color formatting to all your posts on the forum. And a fancy nick change to go along. 10/10.

It's okay, little one. Sempai notices you.
Conversations can be tiring and they can be unrewarding. I do not tolerate conversations that are both.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Completed 4 ChallengesHowitzerMech wrote:

If you're pushing to have Perandus rarely sell the sword that's nice and all, but not helpful in the long term.

That would be a huge letdown, for me at least... Just imagine, the first Unleashed goes to some lucky guy who most likely didn't put an ounce of effort in this thread and likely won't appreciate Her (apart from the 6L) so ends up not buying Her at all - sad.

I did consider that, but the price I'm asking for is such that no 'lucky guy' would do it. Anyone who isn't already invested in getting the item would think such a price utterly ridiculous.

Of course, this is all still maybes. I don't think allowing the Perandus house to have retroactively forged a Goddess Unleashed and then selling it randomly hundreds of years in the future via a ghost of their patron is an ideal solution...
Conversations can be tiring and they can be unrewarding. I do not tolerate conversations that are both.
If I found it in Cadiro then I'd likely post it here and have people rotate the instance while farming elsewhere over the next month so that we, as a community, can farm up the 500,000 coins it will inevitably cost.
IGN: ShockinglyCute
"
Gelsamel wrote:

I think it's vague for the purpose of being vague. Too much confirming/denying goes against the spirit of the riddle.

As for my recent thoughts on the riddle I'm still considering the fact that ingredients haven't existed when Rhys has checked poe.trade for estimates. More importantly that these estimates could include a drop 6L, but not really a craft one, which means something else was missing that wasn't expensive and wasn't exotic. It might be something that people simply don't hold on to.

We also have all the pieces of the puzzle, but not every ingredient had been guessed. This seems like a huge indicator that certain gems with certain level/quality is a correct interpretation, but our combinations have been wrong.

"Three to help, each matured,
All beloved by the third,
All imperfect sums of two."

Under this assumption we may be looking for relevant gems with level/quality pairs, i.e. X/X, Y/Y, Z/Z with the values being related to Unleashed. For example, a 3/3 Blind, 6/6 Added Fire, 6/6 Critical Strike Chance, etc... Also, (Beloved) might not only suggest aspects of Unleashed, but specifically the Blessing itself.

It is something to double check for those still testing.
Last edited by Hackusations on Mar 7, 2016, 8:00:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info