[The Goddess Swords Discussion] 19th Jan, 2017: Volume has been fixed; Writing The Goddess

"
i am sure the wording
"all imperfect sums of two" refers to not beeing Quality 20%

It might be, or that might be the red herring line.

Re mathematical terminology I could find referencing perfect sums:

A number is said to be perfect if the sum of its divisors (except for itself) is equal to itself. For example, 6 is a perfect number because the sum of its divisors (1 + 2 + 3) is 6. The number 8 is said to be deficient because the sum of its divisors (1 + 2 + 4) is only 7. The number 12 is said to be abundant because the sum of its divisors (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 6) is 16. Write a program that lists the factors of the numbers between 1 and 100 and classifies each number as perfect, deficient, or abundant.

So, although 2 would have a sum of 3 and would not be perfect, it would usually be called deficient. So that looks unlikely.

Could it be a Latin phrasing, that basically states the Goddess unleashed is part of a transformation from the previous 2? (and thus still be a red herring)

PoE Origins - The Ranger's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1252902
"
Completed 21 ChallengesVipermagi wrote:
One concept behind Scorned's recipe, as I recall, is that it consisted of materials one could reasonably accrue upon reaching the requisite level to wield Scorned;
Spoiler
a Chance to Ignite, a GCP, a Fusing, bit more Socket forging to get those just right.
The potential Exquisite Blade already seems to differ from that line of thinking to some extent (Scorned can acquire an Exquisite, technically..), but requiring a six-link for the final step seems a few steps too far off the mark to me.

But really, that stems from me wanting it to not be true because that's far too expensive for me :P Similarly hoping there's no level 20 Gems involved; 'matured' doesn't sound promising, but on the other hand that's mostly time investment. I can manage that, haha.

---
Latest attempt:
Bound and Scorned, RBG, 20% Quality
Eternal Sword, RBG, 20% Quality
Whetstone, Fusing, Jeweller's (quantities of 1 and 3)
3% Quality Melee Physical, Ignite, Burning, Added Fire (all combinations of three)

While looking for an Exquisite Blade, I'm going to be leveling the Supports. Biological adulthood happens long before 20, so maybe it's just 10, 12.. Maybe 17 so it's not a multiple of 2 ;)
Heck, could simply mean they need to be ready to level up, that would crack me up.

I apologize in advance for these scattered posts, but perhaps the act of exalting or raising up is a +1 fully mature gem (level 21) - which could be obtained with a vaal orb. This would make Unleashed difficult to obtain, but wouldn't require RNG, just dedication to leveling and corrupting. So 2 would need to be 21, and the third corrupted would be returned with not change - an encore. Corruption might render them imperfect, or maybe they can't be 20% (perfect) before using the Vaal orb on them. So - wild guesstimate would be 2 level 21 support gems and a third corrupted level 20, and the quality on each either 2,4,6,8% etc except for 20%

????
PoE Origins - The Ranger's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1252902
"
Hinderrat wrote:
This is my take on the riddle.

My guess would be that the recipe is:
Goddess scorned, Exquisite blade, Graceful sword (or a Eternal sword).

I'm leaning toward Eternal myself.

Thematically, I would think that if Scorned merited a "graceful" sword, the final form of the sword wouldn't just be graceful, but would be an Eternal Sword (which would eclipse the graceful). Courtesan sword doesn't seem to do justice to the feminine persona within the sword.

Man, I really love charans uniques, and the riddles.. and reading these posts with everyone attempting to figure it out. seriously some of the most fun
(definitely the most fun on the forums nowadays)

I havnt read all 6x pages of this thread so I don't know everything that has been said..
I saw charans "guess" a page or 2 ago and I think as good of a guess as it was, there is no way it is that cookie - cutter. rhys definitely snuck something in to fuck with people,
and there is nothing wrong with that. but I guarantee there is some sleeper ingredient that
we are not thinking of.

hats off to this community, ggg, and especially charan for all the fun. :)

mwaa
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"

That all said, I was told today that someone in the GGG office said that they felt The Goddess Unleashed was the best sword in the game right now...so that's sort of heartening. What 'best' means I can but leave to interpretation, but GGG approval is pretty high on my list of goals when it comes to item design.

Maybe your sword is like the Fus Ro Dah of Skyrim, in that it is the most fun sword to use?

I'm not sure how to overcome the drawback of the sword's blessing, but the risk/reward ratio seems to be well balanced. It's like saying, sure you can run faster than Usain Bolt and get the world record if you want to, but you have do so while naked and surrounded by an angry cloud of killer bees...
"
"
- if that is the case, I would also wonder if the gems should be in the weapon. To make it full

Fuck, I had the exact same thought. Can the game read gems as socketed when it comes to vendoring? That I don't know.

Just tried it, and it can.

5y3UgxO
no offense dalailama, your posts are always awesome and uncomfortably insightful
but that doesn't really answer the question in my opinion anyways.

that would be really sneaky if part of the recipe was an already socketed item because you would have to ok that weird message you just posted, but that doesn't mean its not possible.
"
GDSLICK wrote:

Man, I really love charans uniques, and the riddles.. and reading these posts with everyone attempting to figure it out. seriously some of the most fun
(definitely the most fun on the forums nowadays)

I havnt read all 6x pages of this thread so I don't know everything that has been said..
I saw charans "guess" a page or 2 ago and I think as good of a guess as it was, there is no way it is that cookie - cutter. rhys definitely snuck something in to fuck with people,
and there is nothing wrong with that. but I guarantee there is some sleeper ingredient that
we are not thinking of.

hats off to this community, ggg, and especially charan for all the fun. :)

mwaa

I agree on the sleeper item, and though I think the ingredients might take some effort to acquire, I don't think they will take so much work that it would take weeks of leveling gems to find the recipe.

I'll have to go back and re-read the suggestions/efforts, in case I missed it, but if the Goddess delivers a "blessing" maybe something so simple as Blessed Orbs are involved?
blessed orbs would be a good troll ingredient...
"
Zephryl wrote:

Three to save, risk reward,
Two exalt and one encored,
Counting all in equal due.

This one has me stumped. It most likely relates to currency, and "Encored" makes me think of Mirror of Kelandra, which gives two exalts when you vendor it, and one Divine Orb. So it may require three Divine Orbs?

Nice insight there - Mirror. A mirrored item is an encore, and uniques can't be mirrored, so perhaps you need a Mirrored (3 linked, I would think) Eternal sword. Then the sockets and colors of Bound and Scorned need be matched up.

Unless someone was lucky and just happened to get amd save a three linked eternal sword from a strong box of Kalandra.

I've saved a bunch of white mirrored items, but no three link swords among them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info