Vulnerability's additional chance to stun not applying

So I used a passive respec I had lying around to make a Dual Flame Totem character with Vulnerability, using cast speed and stun duration with the intent of stun-locking all enemies I came across (being incredibly useful against bosses in the process). However Vulnerability's chance to stun doesn't apply as described, Flame Totems hits do not get affected by the 'additional chance to stun', which is supposedly separate from other stun stats.

"
Cursed enemies have an additional x% chance to be stunned

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Kinne wrote:
Someone mentioned it earlier but the wording "Cursed enemies have an additional 10% chance to get stunned" on this gem seems to be inconsistent with the rest of the game. Should it not say: Cursed enemies have 10% reduced stun threshold?
Those are not the same thing.
Reducing their stun threshold changes how much damage would be needed to cause a stun regularly.
Chance to be stunned gives every hit on them a chance to cause a stun regardless of damage.

So either the description isn't worded correctly and the additional chance to stun is only "on hit" and therefore does not work for spells, the skill is bugged, or maybe the chance to stun an enemy calculation can reach negative numbers or something, negating the additional chance to stun.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Alfabetica wrote:
So either the description isn't worded correctly and the additional chance to stun is only "on hit" and therefore does not work for spells

Spells do Hit. Damage over Time does not Hit. :)

(don't know anything actually relevant to the bug report, sorry)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 20, 2013, 10:18:21 AM
Vulnerability used to be very effective when used with Flame Totem because the additional chance ignored stun threshold. This was fixed in the 0.9.13b patch so that vulnerability's stun chance checked the stun threshold.

"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.13b
  • The Vulnerability curse's additional chance to be stunned now works correctly.
The chance to stun for any hit is calculated based on the damage of the hit compared to the life of the target (modified by stun threshold modifiers).

If that chance would be below 20%, it is ignored and cannot stun.

Vulnerability adds a flat 5% chance to the chance to stun, so if you would otherwise have only 15% chance and thus fail to stun, it will raise you to the minimum actually stun chance of 20%, but if the stun chance of the hit would not break 20% even with the +5% from the curse, it's still ignored for not meeting the minimum chance.

This is similar to chance to shock letting you shock, but those shocks still being ignored if you don't deal enough lightning damage to meet the minimum shock duration of 300ms.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The chance to stun for any hit is calculated based on the damage of the hit compared to the life of the target (modified by stun threshold modifiers).

Vulnerability adds a flat 5% chance to the chance to stun, so if you would otherwise have only 15% chance and thus fail to stun, it will raise you to the minimum actually stun chance of 20%, but if the stun chance of the hit would not break 20% even with the +5% from the curse, it's still ignored for not meeting the minimum chance.

This is similar to chance to shock letting you shock, but those shocks still being ignored if you don't deal enough lightning damage to meet the minimum shock duration of 300ms.

Ah, thanks, did not notice this on the wiki.

Also, the wiki lists a 25% threshold before stuns can occur and Vulnerability adds 10-14% stun chance, is the wiki wrong here or?
"
Alfabetica wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Also, the wiki lists a 25% threshold before stuns can occur and Vulnerability adds 10-14% stun chance, is the wiki wrong here or?
The 5% thing is me using oild values from memory. The wiki being out of date is just the wiki being out of date, which is common. The correct value for minimum stun chance is 20%.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Alfabetica wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

The 5% thing is me using oild values from memory. The wiki being out of date is just the wiki being out of date, which is common. The correct value for minimum stun chance is 20%.

Ah, thanks then. I've also got a Dual Shockwave stun build I've been working on a bit too this'll help for too (since Vulnerability scales both stun and physical and Shockwave got buffed a little while back, should be interesting).

Maybe I should get a wiki account and edit that in myself later...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info