ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Ceryneian, thanks for the detailed explanation on your choice of Heralds.
I agree, mana is important, it is easy to get too carried away with looking at DPS and forgetting the big picture.
Yeah, lightning strike is cool because of the ability to shock and freeze (combined with hatred).
For starters this build is really good.

I personally however would:

-Drop Rathpith for Crest of Perandus
-Drop Stone of lazhwar for DPS/Life amulet

The reason for this is because spell damage is not a factor to consider for maps. It is almost a useless stat especially with this kind of dps.

For atziri, i would switch over Crest of Perandus for a Saffell's frame, giving you almost immunity to the fire damage.

Also for temp leagues liek Beyond/Rampage.

I would do this build

The reason for that is because Tiurakh has a lot of legacy gear you cant obtain anymore, with those gear, hes able to get 4k life. If you follow that build in a temp league + not perfect gear. Youre only going to end up with around 3.5k which is too low.

The build i posted will give you around 4.7k life at levle 90 and i got around 150k dps (bad gear). So with the gear that Tiurakh has (if not more, due to amulet slot being open), i think i should be able to hit his dps and have 500-600 more life. Of course, sacrificing spell block which we will swap in Saffells on atziri fights.

I've killed atziri countless of times with the build that i linked.

I guess its a personal preference overall, but i do not have perfect gear and do not enjoy dying. So i chose to sacrifice spell block for a shitload more HP and damage.
Ign: Kiaraa, Kionn , Nalaa
Kiaraa Cyclone (2.0): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1330927
Kionn Wander (1.2): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037723 (OUTDATED)

Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315055
"
yongsheng11 wrote:

The reason for this is because spell damage is not a factor to consider for maps. It is almost a useless stat especially with this kind of dps.

For atziri, i would switch over Crest of Perandus for a Saffell's frame, giving you almost immunity to the fire damage.

I would do this build

The reason for that is because Tiurakh has a lot of legacy gear you cant obtain anymore, with those gear, hes able to get 4k life. If you follow that build in a temp league + not perfect gear. Youre only going to end up with around 3.5k which is too low.

The build i posted will give you around 4.7k life at levle 90 and i got around 150k dps (bad gear). So with the gear that Tiurakh has (if not more, due to amulet slot being open), i think i should be able to hit his dps and have 500-600 more life. Of course, sacrificing spell block which we will swap in Saffells on atziri fights.

I guess its a personal preference overall, but i do not have perfect gear and do not enjoy dying. So i chose to sacrifice spell block for a shitload more HP and damage.

crest of perandus is pointless because we got bringer of rain

lazhwar can be switched yeah... i always use a good rare amulet instead and just equip lazhwar for hard bosses.

i do follow my own modifications on the build and i got 5k hp.

the only difference in hp between legacy and non legacy build is just the BoR and 50 hp difference wont bring down your hp to 3.5k honestly.
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
"
yongsheng11 wrote:

I would do this build

lazhwar can be switched yeah... i always use a good rare amulet instead and just equip lazhwar for hard bosses.

i do follow my own modifications on the build and i got 5k hp and 145k dps with no charges or atziri flask.

the only difference in hp between legacy and non legacy build is just the BoR and 50 hp difference wont bring down your hp to 3.5k honestly.
"
BIGLITRO wrote:

i do follow my own modifications on the build and i got 5k hp.

I dont understand why crest would be 'useless' because youre using BoR. Makes no sense, by using crest you can take away a lot of block nodes and add them to HP/dmg.

Secondly, im not saying BoR alone will bring it downt o 3.5k. But some people may not be able to afford high life gear, or even rathpith. So getting a bit more health is better and safer.
Ign: Kiaraa, Kionn , Nalaa
Kiaraa Cyclone (2.0): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1330927
Kionn Wander (1.2): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037723 (OUTDATED)

Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315055
"
yongsheng11 wrote:

I would do this build

Thanks for posting your build. I have been asked this a lot before. I think if you are playing maybe 76 and below maps only then it is fine to drop the spell block, however I would NOT say that "spell damage is not a factor to consider for maps. It is almost a useless stat especially with this kind of dps." for 77+ maps, you would definitely need spell block, as well as for Atziri and Uber Atziri.

I am also only using 1 legacy item - Bringer of Rain, so I do not understand why you say I am using "a lot of legacy gear you can't obtain anymore".

Yes if you want more life you can change the tree a bit, and I posted a defensive tree with more life in the guide. Thank you for posting yours I am sure some people will try your version.

Also please keep in mind that Rathpith Globe gives 10% increased life, this is a big stat after the patch which made % life more valuable and flat life less valuable.

With Saffell's Frame you CANNOT block - so you need to be careful of when you use this shield. It is nice vs. pure spell bosses like Mageara. But when you try to use it against bosses with both attacks and spells like Dominus, Atziri Trio, Atziri, it can cause you some problems.

For the amulet - I was asked this before, but dual-curse Stone of Lazhwar will give you higher DPS increase than a crit amulet xD - using Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness. I know - it seems counter-intuitive but I ran the math and the damage increase you can get from using a 2nd offensive curse is HIGHER than the damage you can get from a crit amulet.

What is nice about the curses is that it helps me regulate my damage - if I am in a reflect map I will not use curses. However if you use crit amulet you cannot regulate - you will always have that higher crit unless you take off the amulet. So I have yet to find good rationale to lose ~35% pure spell block + more DPS + more flexibility, to gain a little more life/accuracy with a crit amulet.

Anyway, I realize most people are not building past level 80 probably so I will be making build progression. For doing regular 75 and below maps, I think using something like you point out with life shield instead of Rathpith is better, but anything above 77+ I think you would need simultaneous max block and max spell block in order to feel safe.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2014, 8:53:13 AM
ceryneian your thread and build still going strong i see? lol

this thread has come a very long way from the time you created it before anybody even gave evasive builds a blink of the eye. very well done friend, good to see you prospering with your long laborious journey.

its JunK, i came back to play the game, a specific build that im working on (which keeps branching into many other build ideas). do you have any other builds you're working on or theorycrafting right now?

you're extremely experienced with what counts in making builds. game knowledge, game experience, passive tree optimization expertise and gear optimizations. you should work on a bow ranger of sorts, or a witch or something
"
xMustard wrote:
ceryneian your thread and build still going strong i see? lol

this thread has come a very long way from the time you created it before anybody even gave evasive builds a blink of the eye. very well done friend, good to see you prospering with your long laborious journey.

its JunK, i came back to play the game, a specific build that im working on (which keeps branching into many other build ideas). do you have any other builds you're working on or theorycrafting right now?

you're extremely experienced with what counts in making builds. game knowledge, game experience, passive tree optimization expertise and gear optimizations. you should work on a bow ranger of sorts, or a witch or something

JunkX!! You back!! Yes we have come a long way from last year when I first made this build xD with Soul Taker and Double Strike. I must say that this is the most powerful build I have ever played and I love how unique it is in that it is one of the few builds in PoE, if not the only build in PoE, that can play range with high dodge+max block+max spell block xD. And I love the freeze and shock capability now!

SADLY, I must say that this build has spoiled me - whenever I play another build without these defenses I am horrified by how much damage I take xD.

I really have tried to make some new builds:

- EA Witch with Soul Strike quiver (nice huge ES, but I get hit so much =( )
- Dreamfeather (I love this sword and I have tried to theorize a good build to use it, but it really only works well as an elemental build and the damage is just too low, I am trying to see if dual-wield with another weapon may work well)
- Block Bow Ranger (haha this is another interesting one I am theorizing to get some good block on a ranged character - I will use the block quiver and also Bringer of Rain for a cheap 4L to apply some Blind and get the extra block, then have my bow 6L as the main skill, because being RANGED with BLOCK is OP xD)
- Frost Wall build - this is another one I am planning to try where the idea is to have totems spam massive frost walls and pushback to ensure high safety. One interesting skill to use wiht this is LA as Ghudda demonstrated that the LA will proc it's hit on each segment of the frost wall as it passes through, or just use another high pierce skill. This is also partially inspired by watching a streamer way back have a friend use frost wall on an Uber run for maximum safety.
- Lori's Lantern build - I keep coming back to this ring because I absolutely love its design and want to make it work in a nice build
- Staff Ranger - xD.

Anyway, it will be hard to make a new build that can surpass this one xD. And overall I feel PoE builds have been exhausted and it is hard to make something completely new.

To be honest, I rarely play PoE nowadays because I have stopped leveling, and I no longer bother doing Uber Atziri because on average I lose money since the gloves are so rare and the other uniques sell for much less than full set costs =(.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2014, 8:15:58 PM
well, im kind of doing that block bow ranger idea right now - im working on it.

basically, i won't have a whole lot of HP but im pumping mana, will be using cloak of defiance (40% mitigation right off the hop), and when necessary i'll use the block quiver, the block flask, and +1 curse stone of lazhwar. this will give me 65% block and 67% spell block by just chugging the flask. throw vaal grace into the mix and you have insane mitigation for a ranged character.

not only that, but the dps is going to be huge. im going 3 curses. i haven't fully finalized them yet, but what im thinking of right now is lightning arrow, gmp, projectile weakness, assassin's mark, elemental weakness.
the main skill will most likely be split arrow. im playing with tornado right now but don't really like how it operates at times, and i was going to do puncture but it isn't needed except on single target bosses. so split arrow, with PPAD, added fire dmg, inc crit dmg, WED, fire penetration.
a secondary attack is puncture on 4L with inc crit dmg, added fire dmg, and ppad. single target dps adder vs bosses or rares.

auras will be herald of fire, hatred, and clarity - hopefully. i'll see if i can roll without grace, and i should be able to, but im not 100% yet. this will give me some significantly added dmg as well as massive mana and regen to sustain MoM.

so basically i'll be a crit split arrow build with massive fire and burn dmg, and an added bleed DoT when needed. right now it is insane dps - i clear everything so fast with a not very good bow, and theres just fire everywhere its amazing.

im not real confident this will be the final build though, i've already changed this build at least 15 times, but i'll work to optimize it here and there where i can and when i need to. for instance, i don't think i'll need to run the block quiver/flask/lazhwar 100% of the time, but only against high spell dmg bosses/atziri. so i'll probably run other things in its place.

another thing is resistances will be VERY tight to max, and probably impossible to overcap. also i don't think i'll be able to have a CWDT setup, which doesn't concern me much since i can use the spell block vs those types of physical dmg spells, so.

i never thought of bringer of rain, but im not sure that would work out well in the grand scheme of things - i'll keep it in mind though as a possibility.

im a little hesitant to post the tree right now because i almost know for sure it'll change. for instance, right now i have Hex Master planned but not sure its needed. at the shear ease of applying the curses, and now that it isn't an endless amount but only double the duration i am second guessing the points.
as you know, at this stage of the game literally every point is extremely valuable
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 22, 2014, 9:29:22 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
well, im kind of doing that block bow ranger idea right now - im working on it.

basically, i won't have a whole lot of HP but im pumping mana, will be using cloak of defiance (40% mitigation right off the hop), and when necessary i'll use the block quiver, the block flask, and +1 curse stone of lazhwar. this will give me 65% block and 67% spell block by just chugging the flask. throw vaal grace into the mix and you have insane mitigation for a ranged character.

not only that, but the dps is going to be huge. im going 3 curses. i haven't fully finalized them yet, but what im thinking of right now is lightning arrow, gmp, projectile weakness, assassin's mark, elemental weakness.
the main skill will most likely be split arrow. im playing with tornado right now but don't really like how it operates at times, and i was going to do puncture but it isn't needed except on single target bosses. so split arrow, with PPAD, added fire dmg, inc crit dmg, WED, fire penetration.
a secondary attack is puncture on 4L with inc crit dmg, added fire dmg, and ppad. single target dps adder vs bosses or rares.

auras will be herald of fire, hatred, and clarity - hopefully. i'll see if i can roll without grace, and i should be able to, but im not 100% yet. this will give me some significantly added dmg as well as massive mana and regen to sustain MoM.

so basically i'll be a crit split arrow build with massive fire and burn dmg, and an added bleed DoT when needed. right now it is insane dps - i clear everything so fast with a not very good bow, and theres just fire everywhere its amazing.

im not real confident this will be the final build though, i've already changed this build at least 15 times, but i'll work to optimize it here and there where i can and when i need to. for instance, i don't think i'll need to run the block quiver/flask/lazhwar 100% of the time, but only against high spell dmg bosses/atziri. so i'll probably run other things in its place.

another thing is resistances will be VERY tight to max, and probably impossible to overcap. also i don't think i'll be able to have a CWDT setup, which doesn't concern me much since i can use the spell block vs those types of physical dmg spells, so.

i never thought of bringer of rain, but im not sure that would work out well in the grand scheme of things - i'll keep it in mind though as a possibility.

im a little hesitant to post the tree right now because i almost know for sure it'll change. for instance, right now i have Hex Master planned but not sure its needed. at the shear ease of applying the curses, and now that it isn't an endless amount but only double the duration i am second guessing the points.
as you know, at this stage of the game literally every point is extremely valuable

Awesome man, sounds like a sweet build! I think I'm going to focus on making a Lori Lantern build. Unless some interesting new uniques come out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info