ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
fuzzybearz wrote:
"

Ranged version with more projectile damage:

Possible Offensive Gear
- Helm: Rat's Nest / Abyssus
- Gloves: Maligaro / Acuity
- Shield: Daresso's Courage (some decent all-round res)
- Would need 6L chest with some decent life and resistances. Can grab chaos resistance and maybe run Blood Rage if you are experienced

I was thinking of using your ranged version with Abyssus and Lightning coil > Spectre Throw (With a little tweaks like removing piercing and getting Ballastic Mastery). Do you think it would be viable and how much dps might it deal? The reason why I choose to use spectre throw is because I'm quite inexperienced with lightning strike and it may be tough for me to adapt to the different angle of projectile.

Thanks!

Hi I think that is fine to start out with to get a feel for spec throw. Ideally you should focus on kiting with spec throw and using whirling blades for positioning. Positioning is super important for LSTRIKE so I would focus on that and once you get comfortable just switch to LStrike

I am not a big fan of Abyssus as it really hurts your defense. Lightning Coil is good if you can get +max light res, just be careful because you can get shocked wearing Lightning Coil, and shock is very dangerous now xD.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
"

Ranged version with more projectile damage:

Possible Offensive Gear
- Helm: Rat's Nest / Abyssus
- Gloves: Maligaro / Acuity
- Shield: Daresso's Courage (some decent all-round res)
- Would need 6L chest with some decent life and resistances. Can grab chaos resistance and maybe run Blood Rage if you are experienced

I was thinking of using your ranged version with Abyssus and Lightning coil > Spectre Throw (With a little tweaks like removing piercing and getting Ballastic Mastery). Do you think it would be viable and how much dps might it deal? The reason why I choose to use spectre throw is because I'm quite inexperienced with lightning strike and it may be tough for me to adapt to the different angle of projectile.

Thanks!

Hi I think that is fine to start out with to get a feel for spec throw. Ideally you should focus on kiting with spec throw and using whirling blades for positioning. Positioning is super important for LSTRIKE so I would focus on that and once you get comfortable just switch to LStrike

I am not a big fan of Abyssus as it really hurts your defense. Lightning Coil is good if you can get +max light res, just be careful because you can get shocked wearing Lightning Coil, and shock is very dangerous now xD.

LStrike is very easy to use once u are used to it and to be honest with this build i would rather use LStrike one million times than even think about using ST.

The lightning conversion is just too good for ur shocks and reflect mitigation, only thing u need to keep in mind is that this build is mostly based on elemental damage so if you want to optimize your dps u hav to lower enemys ele res with curses.

Imo only advantage that ST has over LS besides the kiting is the critical chance , critical chance with multistrike is tricky because with this build ur critical strike chance will be around 65% and i wont count power charges since in boss fight is impossible to keep them up if ur not using pcoc, so with 65% your critical strike chance with multistrike might seems like u got less because if your first hit with LS doesnt Crit then the other 2 wont crit but if you crit the first hit then the other 2 will crit.

Basically using multistrike will lower your dps greatly if you are not lucky with criticals so i recommend u using assassin mark as often as possible or if u feel confortable with your damage u can skip throatseeker and pick true strike and believe me the difference between 65% crit chance and 75% is HUGE and helps a ton to take down hard bosses because if u are doing a rip map (-max res or other dangerous shit) then u will hav little time to attack the boss and imo is better doing a bit less of crit damage but crit more oftenly than getting a bad luck of critical streaks with multistrike and crit a bit more harder and removing increased critical damage support gem is not an option cuz that gem increases your dps by a ton so picking true strike is a better option than switching incrased critical damage to chance or pcoc (unless u got problems with reflect, in that case using pcoc instead of increased critical damage would be a better option).

All of this is based on my own experience with the character iv tested both throatseeker and true strike and i ended up with the last one since as i told u , i rather crit more than crit less but a bit harder.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Sep 11, 2014, 1:26:38 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
swampya wrote:
beats me how you get max res with this build. ifollowed everything and still cant hit max res.

?? You need resistances on gear. You can't get max res just from tree. You need ~140% total res for each cold, light, fire by Merciless

Let me break it down for you how to get to max res:
1 ring: ~40% each cold, light, fire
Belt: ~30% each cold, light, fire
Gloves: ~30% each cold, light, fire

That gets you to 140% all. You even have EXTRA FLEXIBILITY because this does not factor in any resistance from shoes, Rathpith gives ~20% light res, and you can run Purity of Elements instead of Herald of Ash.

Please note this is not a build that is good for people new to PoE as noted at the top of guide

im using Atziri Acuity, Belt Doyrani's Phys, dual Prims rings with tri res and running purity of elements and still not hitting max res.
"
swampya wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
swampya wrote:
beats me how you get max res with this build. ifollowed everything and still cant hit max res.

?? You need resistances on gear. You can't get max res just from tree. You need ~140% total res for each cold, light, fire by Merciless

Let me break it down for you how to get to max res:
Belt: ~30% each cold, light, fire
Gloves: ~30% each cold, light, fire

That gets you to 140% all. You even have EXTRA FLEXIBILITY because this does not factor in any resistance from shoes, Rathpith gives ~20% light res, and you can run Purity of Elements instead of Herald of Ash.

Please note this is not a build that is good for people new to PoE as noted at the top of guide

im using Atziri Acuity, Belt Doyrani's Phys, dual Prims rings with tri res and running purity of elements and still not hitting max res.

Ok, let's do some math for you:
- Atziri Acuity - does not give resistances
- Doryani's - max of 35% all res
- Purity of Elements - 27% all res
Doryani's + Purity of Elements gives you 35 + 27 = 62% res

- You need to fill ~140% res. So that means you are left with 140 - 62 = 78% res

- So you need to get rings with about 78% all res. You have 2 rings so that is ~40% all res on the rings that you need in order to hit max res.

- This does NOT take into account boots or shield ofc. You can get boots with 20% all res and rings each with 30% all res. Or something like that on shield etc.

This is really not hard at all to do.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 11, 2014, 10:38:52 PM
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
LStrike is very easy to use once u are used to it and to be honest with this build i would rather use LStrike one million times than even think about using ST.

The lightning conversion is just too good for ur shocks and reflect mitigation, only thing u need to keep in mind is that this build is mostly based on elemental damage so if you want to optimize your dps u hav to lower enemys ele res with curses.

Imo only advantage that ST has over LS besides the kiting is the critical chance , critical chance with multistrike is tricky because with this build ur critical strike chance will be around 65% and i wont count power charges since in boss fight is impossible to keep them up if ur not using pcoc, so with 65% your critical strike chance with multistrike might seems like u got less because if your first hit with LS doesnt Crit then the other 2 wont crit but if you crit the first hit then the other 2 will crit.

Basically using multistrike will lower your dps greatly if you are not lucky with criticals so i recommend u using assassin mark as often as possible or if u feel confortable with your damage u can skip throatseeker and pick true strike and believe me the difference between 65% crit chance and 75% is HUGE and helps a ton to take down hard bosses because if u are doing a rip map (-max res or other dangerous shit) then u will hav little time to attack the boss and imo is better doing a bit less of crit damage but crit more oftenly than getting a bad luck of critical streaks with multistrike and crit a bit more harder and removing increased critical damage support gem is not an option cuz that gem increases your dps by a ton so picking true strike is a better option than switching incrased critical damage to chance or pcoc (unless u got problems with reflect, in that case using pcoc instead of increased critical damage would be a better option).

All of this is based on my own experience with the character iv tested both throatseeker and true strike and i ended up with the last one since as i told u , i rather crit more than crit less but a bit harder.

This is very interesting, thanks for posting Big. I may test it out to see how it feels, it is a
tradeoff, and MultiStrike complicates like you said because it is both both good and bad:

Good - if you do crit, you get 2 free other hits that crit. So in this case you want to max crit multiplier

Bad - if you do not crit, you waste 2 subsequent hits that will not crit. So in this case you want to max crit chance to ensure first hit with multistrike has high chance to crit

I will have to analyze the tree to see tradeoff between taking off some crit mult vs. getting any available crit chance and what the % differences are.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 11, 2014, 10:44:37 PM
So, I've been thinking about doing this build for a long time (love the idea), but never wanted to change my Ranger from bows. I just dropped a BoR and Rathpith (and have 8 SoLs), so I gotta do it. I have an 89 shadow that is in dire need of a respeccin' and I was wondering is the loss of the eva/hp from ranger noticeable? Or should I sacrifice another cluster due to the phys pickup from shadow start and spec into the eva/hp ranger start? Also, you are by far one of the most impressive players ever. Manual avoidance = boss mode :)
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!

im hitting about 85k dps in town.. with herald of fire and hatred 110k dps using flask get about 130k dps, i wanna drop purity of elements for anger or wrath.. guess ima go get some decent crit rings with tri res. instead of prims

but love the build.. awesome!
"

Thank you for your inputs :) @BIGLITRO @Ceryneian

A) Can I ask is it viable to remove Rathphite Globe and replace it with Saffell's Frame? Is that case, I get to remove quite a number of block nodes and place them into life/dmg. That would make my attack block chance 0%, hence, it would make sense to use range lightning strike/spectre throw to reduced the chance of being hit/damaged. Because I felt that Rathpith Globe's Energy Shield and spell damage are such a big waste :(

But using ranged LS would waste the melee physical damage gem socket in the BoR helmet.

B) Is Arcing Blows worth getting? (3 nodes > 50% lightning dmg)
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 12, 2014, 7:20:58 AM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:

Thank you for your inputs :) @BIGLITRO @Ceryneian

A) Can I ask is it viable to remove Rathphite Globe and replace it with Saffell's Frame? Is that case, I get to remove quite a number of block nodes and place them into life/dmg. That would make my attack block chance 0%, hence, it would make sense to use range lightning strike/spectre throw to reduced the chance of being hit/damaged. Because I felt that Rathpith Globe's Energy Shield and spell damage are such a big waste :(

But using ranged LS would waste the melee physical damage gem socket in the BoR helmet.

B) Is Arcing Blows worth getting? (3 nodes > 50% lightning dmg)

A) - This is dangerous to use Saffell Frame because it only works against bosses that use spells only - because you will have 0% regular block chance. The only hard boss I can think of that is PURE SPELL is Mageara at 76 Crematorium, every other hard boss uses SPELLS + ATTACKS -> Dominus, Atziri, Piety, Courtyard Bosses, Death and Taxes, Atziri Trio, Atziri Vaal. So the tradeoff is really not worth it, UNLESS you are set on playing 90% of the time at range - then I think it could work.

Also keep in mind that Rathpith gives 10% increased maximum life - which is a LOT of life now after the patch.

Anyway - if you decide to do this let me know how it works out. I have tried taking off Rathpith and using Saffell many times with more points saved from not having to get block, but I am a melee guy at heart xD so having the 0% block just doesn't work for me.

B) - I tested it out and Arcing Blows is not worth it. That is why I redid the tree. You want to stack as much phys damage % increase as you can as this increases both your physical and lightning and cold and fire, as they are all based on a % of your physical damage. Arcing Blows only increases your lightning. If you want more freeze and shock you need to stack crit. With those 3 points I tried different set ups:

1. Throat Seeker crit mult - this was the best investment for me
2. Shadow phys damage nodes - 2nd best option
3. Aspect of the Panther nodes - good phys damage, but less than Shadow nodes, you also get more attack speed though
4. Forces of Nature - very strong elemental buff for both COLD and LIGHT, but no buff to phys
5. Arcing Blows - very strong buff just to light, but no buff to phys or cold

I was trying to figure out the best combo for me to do the most damage for freezing and turns out the Crit Multiplier was the way to go.

Based on what BIG wrote I might try and get crit chance instead of crit multi and see how that compares.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 12, 2014, 8:04:12 AM
"
So, I've been thinking about doing this build for a long time (love the idea), but never wanted to change my Ranger from bows. I just dropped a BoR and Rathpith (and have 8 SoLs), so I gotta do it. I have an 89 shadow that is in dire need of a respeccin' and I was wondering is the loss of the eva/hp from ranger noticeable? Or should I sacrifice another cluster due to the phys pickup from shadow start and spec into the eva/hp ranger start? Also, you are by far one of the most impressive players ever. Manual avoidance = boss mode :)

Hi! Thanks for considering the build, I would just respec your shadow and see how it works. If you feel you need more life then take off some damage and get the Ranger start nodes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info