Dancing Frenzybreaker Duelist [2.0]

"
thebutcher0 wrote:
Hello, I just recently got these gloves and it got me interested in a build which led me to your post. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Most of the posts with links to the passive tree all seem to be taking some sort of defensive node and I'm curious as to where the damage comes from. Right now my Unique poleaxe with spectral throw out damages my unarmed damage by more than double.

1-What increases your unarmed damage, is it strength?

2-Are there any damage nodes in the passive tree that increase unarmed damage?

3-I noticed last night I had no armor %, it was all evasion. Does that matter or does that special skill node take care of that for me?

4-Does it matter if you use xx-xx physical damage added or xx% physical damage?

5-Do you use another weapon and skill gem till a certain point then switch over to unarmed damage?

Any other advice would be welcomed for a beginner. I believe I'm level 25 right now and my unarmed damage (frenzy & melee splash) is like 40-80. The unique poleaxe with spectral throw is more than doubled of this.

1. I am not 100% sure if Strength increases your DPS, but even if it does, it is is a very SMALL increase. You want to focus mostly on increased attack speed and xx-xx physical damage since that is what will increase your DPS substantially. Now to answer your question, increased physical damage and increased attack speed are the only thing that come to mind when increasing your DPS of from your unarmed damage.

2. Increased Physical Damage and Increased Attack Speed.

3.Well, Iron Reflexes will convert all the evasion (with the exception from dexterity, since it is excluded) to armor. Hope this answer your question.

4. It really does matter if your prioritize xx-xx physical damage over xx% physical damage since majority of your xx% physical damage will come from Facebreaker either way. That is why Meginord's Girdle belt is Best in Slot for belts in FB builds. To some extent BoR, but Abyssus can do better for offense. You will want to get xx-xx physical damage from both rings, and an amulet to substantially increase your damage output.

5. I actually do not remember what weapon I used before I switched to FB. Once I hit 16, I pretty much switched to Facebreaker on the spot.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 21, 2014, 3:28:08 PM
Very nice build
Dropping you some love; bumping for fellow Bird-Lover! :-)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
Wow, physical damage even though it was a very small amount really changed the numbers on my DPS. Here are a few things that changed. I'm level 27 with the skill points you have up to this point.

Main hand physical damage with no modifiers except the gloves is 26-77.
Main hand physical damage with +49 strength Ammy brought it up to 27-81.
Main hand physical damage with no mods and a belt with 24% increased physical damage is 29-88.
Main hand physical damage with +49 strength and 24% belt is 31-93.
I took the Ammy and belt off.
Main hand physical damage with +14 all attributes/4-6 physical damage/+11 strength Ammy is 79-158.
Main hand physical damage with Ammy and belt is 91-182.

It's pretty clear that strength adds very little to your damage. +49 Str would be equivalent to 5 Str nodes. The belt would be no different than finding a pair of gloves with higher physical damage. The Dex would increase DPS because of accuracy, but wouldn't increase physical damage. But that small amount of 4-6 physical damage tripled the low end damage and doubled the high end. Now all I need to do is get some mana leech and a belt. Anyone have a spare belt lying around I can have? hehe
Updated my current passive tree.

Went from 16% increased life & 30 STR to 32% increased life.

I now got about 5.4k life with Lioneye's Remorse shield, and almost 5.1k life with Saffell's Frame.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Just read this on (Blind) and thought others might be interested since you use a helm with blind on it.

"As a result, even blinded enemies will always have 100% chance to hit a character with Unwavering Stance, since the Unwavering Stance character always has 0% chance to evade."

I think you specced out of that, but others might use it and it doesn't sound good.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blind_(support_gem)
Last edited by thebutcher0 on Feb 25, 2014, 3:51:17 PM
"
thebutcher0 wrote:
Just read this on (Blind) and thought others might be interested since you use a helm with blind on it.

"As a result, even blinded enemies will always have 100% chance to hit a character with Unwavering Stance, since the Unwavering Stance character always has 0% chance to evade."

I think you specced out of that, but others might use it and it doesn't sound good.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blind_(support_gem)

I specced out of Unwavering Stance since I did not find much of a difference with or without it when it came to getting stunned. I got a lot of HP, so much HP regen, some life leech, and enfeeble activating often, that I rarely lose a lot of HP. Because of that, I rarely ever get stunned.

Since my build relies on attack speed and a lot of damage, this is where Blind shines in since procs very often because of the high APS this build has. Blind is very powerful against non-spell mobs, that it literally trumps over what Unwavering Stance provides. Of course, both are on the opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to approaching mobs with them.

That is why I have the spoiler tag for the 100 passive points part with a warning stating "wall of text" since at that point, I pretty much spec out of Unwavering Stance, and start taking advantage of what Blind provides.

Still, in the end, it is up to the player, if he/she want to stick with US, or spec out of it and use Blind instead.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 25, 2014, 4:10:41 PM
I wonder how this build will be effected by the upcoming expansion patch. For all we know, IR might end up disappearing. Only thing I can do is wait.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Trees are not working.
"
Shadov1 wrote:
Trees are not working.

Yea, I still have not updated the tree(s). I will need to update them soon.

Well, looks this patch did not effect my build much, so it is still working really well.

Edit: Updated all the tree in the first post.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 10, 2014, 3:46:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info