Dancing Frenzybreaker Duelist [2.0]

Glad to see you like this build. :)

Just leveled up my duelist ( 87 now) for the first time in many months, and it felt good. Been too busy with school and my other characters to even dedicate myself to this one. Since I am been on winter break since last week, I put more effort into leveling my duelist, and here we are. I will try to 88 before my break is done.

I will make a little update to the first post.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Derp, leveled up again, so I am glad I didn't update. Even though, there is not much to update. ;)

I will see if I can have the chance to update the pictures.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Bump
- raics, 06.08.2016

I like the build.

Only downside of it is Domination limitation to 800% FB. I`m still running with chest and rare helm, because BOR is too expensive and far to drop :)

Build is great. I have 4 upgrades of FB :) 605, 651, 751 and finally almost cap 791% :) Belt dropped on max
Spoiler

7 Frenzy charges are great, attack speed is awesome and blood spreading everywhere is just beauty :)

I usually go with Grace + Haste. Haste is good because it speed up movement and dmg boost is quite equal to Hatred. And Hatred run most of people in party.

I still wonder if not to drop auras entirely and try Blood magic passive nad get even more dmg. What do you thing?

And my tree
Last edited by degard66 on Jan 6, 2014, 12:17:33 PM
"
degard66 wrote:

I still wonder if not to drop auras entirely and try Blood magic passive nad get even more dmg. What do you thing?

From my perspective and having used blood magic passive, it is pretty much the same thing like using Blood Magic gem except without using the gem itself which free up a spot for more support gem like added fire dmg. My philosophy is to have a balance in offense and defense. If I can pretty much kill a lot of bosses quickly, I know I reached the threshold on offense unless you are looking for one-shotting them which requires a lot more DPS. Even if you drop all the auras, and go BM, it still will not make too much of a difference. You pretty much have to sacrifice so much defense to reach a point that you killing everything instantly puts you in a situation that reflect will kill you.

In the end, you are gimping yourself if you go BM. I think auras like Grace or Determination, Vitality, and Purity of Elements are too important for this build because those are extra defense that will help you in the long run in maps, especially once you go 73+ maps, where all the fun stuff starts. Of course, 76+ maps starts to go hectic quickly.

This is just my feedback. Up to you, if you want to proceed despite what I posted regarding going with Blood Magic.

Edit: Also, just updated my current passive tree from my gears spoiler since I just hit level 89 last night.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 7, 2014, 2:52:15 PM
Is BoR really needed for this build? I can't afford it. How about Abyssus instead? Viable?
"
magflue wrote:
Is BoR really needed for this build? I can't afford it. How about Abyssus instead? Viable?

BoR is recommended for what it can offer to this build. Life, block chance, a whole lot of armor if you go IR, and three support gems built into the unique.

Abyssus can still work, but then it would require you to get a really good chest armor that has high armor to reduce the drawback from Abyssus, life since Abyssus only gives a little bit through all attributes (20-25 STR), and at least 5L to catch up to BoR in terms of damage.

Good thing about having chest armor is that you have more opportunities to pick up a res or two, if you are lucky, tri-res which is hard to get with this build.

One thing to note, if you are not aware, is that the crit multiplier from Abyssus will not work since facebreaker does not count as a melee weapon since it is unarmed.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 15, 2014, 5:25:15 PM
bump
- raics, 06.08.2016

Been ages since I bumped this.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hello, I just recently got these gloves and it got me interested in a build which led me to your post. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Most of the posts with links to the passive tree all seem to be taking some sort of defensive node and I'm curious as to where the damage comes from. Right now my Unique poleaxe with spectral throw out damages my unarmed damage by more than double.

1-What increases your unarmed damage, is it strength?

2-Are there any damage nodes in the passive tree that increase unarmed damage?

3-I noticed last night I had no armor %, it was all evasion. Does that matter or does that special skill node take care of that for me?

4-Does it matter if you use xx-xx physical damage added or xx% physical damage?

5-Do you use another weapon and skill gem till a certain point then switch over to unarmed damage?

Any other advice would be welcomed for a beginner. I believe I'm level 25 right now and my unarmed damage (frenzy & melee splash) is like 40-80. The unique poleaxe with spectral throw is more than doubled of this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info