Dancing Frenzybreaker Duelist [2.0]

Bump since I am on spring break. Though, I am studying for an exam next week, so spring break lost a bit of its awesomeness.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Bumping because why not. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hey i'm a big fan of facebreaker builds, this one seems interesting. I've never considered frenzy as the skill to use for fb but you make it look compelling. Have you done testing with Infernal blow? I feel like this skill is unappreciated for FB. Also, the 3 new counter gems scale very high with facebreakers. I'm currently doing the following build which focuses on the 3 counters and infernal blow. I'm torn between my legacy BoR vs Abyssus + Belly of the beast.

Tree

Items
Spoiler

Also considering using a legacy BoR

Chest: Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + (Melee Splash || Added Fire)
Helm: 2 counter attacks + Melee physical damage + added fire
Gloves: Reduced mana + Blood Magic + Clarity
Boots: Reduced mana + Hatred + Elem prolif + Herald of Ash
Shield: Enduring cry + immortal call + CwDT OR another counter attack + melee phys + added fire

+Flat physical damage on amulet, rings (one ring with 2% mana leech), and will master craft it on a high armour shield.
Boots with high armour, life, resistances.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
I have at some point used Infernal Blow (for about a month or so back in Open Beta), and while it provided a lot more DPS than Frenzy, it was a big issue with double reflect. With Frenzy, I rarely have any issues with double reflect. I know it is situational, but I like to test out this build with very tough mods in maps sometimes.

As for the counter gems, I will wait out until patch 2.0 goes live and see where I go with these gems. I already tried them out in other builds, and they are pretty good.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Build still working well in 2.0, I will try to update this weekend...or at least within this month. lol

The passive tree is mostly the same still, but will still update them when I have the chance.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Took me an hour or so to update the first post since I needed to make sure everything is up to date not just with the gears and tree, but my explanation. Some of the stuff I mentioned was way out of date, that it would not make sense anymore today. There might be some awkwardness in my explanation still, but I could not spot it yet.....because of hindsight.

But yea, the overall picture from patch 2.0, this build really got better in the offense, and even moreso than ever in the past patches. Hell, I remember needing Hatred to get this amount of DPS. Luckily, my defense was not sacrificed in the process, and it slightly got better even without Vitality.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Bump.
- raics, 06.08.2016

From reading the description, I want to see this build in action. I always wanted to run a charge based build. Do you have any videos for us?

Do you think more life leech from the tree would be an option?
Last edited by CadEx on Aug 27, 2015, 6:03:18 PM
"
CadEx wrote:
From reading the description, I want to see this build in action. I always wanted to run a charge based build. Do you have any videos for us?

Do you think more life leech from the tree would be an option?

Never really had the time to make a video out of this build since like back in 2013 (still have my twitch account somewhere) when I was only playing with this build, two years and 18 builds later, I am barely playing this build. Even though, it is one of my best build I ever constructed, I just barely play it now thanks to Zana daily map nerf. To be honest, I do not feel like posting a video of my build in action. I apologize if I caused any inconvenience, for my lack of effort in not making a video out of my build. :(

As for life leech question, since it got a nerf, I personally found a waste to allocate to one unless it happens to be in a life node. Seeing from my level 91 tree, the only options left for me is to get more life nodes or go for the Vitality Void notable for more life leech improvement. Overall, having a bit of life leech plus 800 or higher life regeneration per second (from frenzy/endurance charges) can make up for the effort in getting life leech. In short, life leech from the tree is still an option, but I would only pick it up if there is nothing else worth allocating in the tree that will really benefit the build.

- raics, 06.08.2016

Thank you for the answer.
It is not possible to subscribe to a thread, so I had to send you the PM.
I am sometimes going through my own recent posts to find out, if someone answered in a thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info