Life Leech with Vaal Pact vs Reflect

Does life leech and reflect negate eachother? Or is one calculated before the other?

My concern is if life leech is applied before reflect I can in theory still insta-gib myself if I do enough damage.

Thanks for any feedback!
The mechanics is as follows: If you attack a reflect mob you leech back life (or ES if CI) from enemy#1 then you take the reflect damage of enemy#1 then you get the life leech of enemy#2 then the reflect of enemy#2 and so on. That means if your HP/ES pool is bigger than the damage taken from 1 enemy you are ok otherwise you are gonna one-shoot yourself. (I assume that amount leeched > mitigated damage taken, which is usually the case unless your are a pure ES char with no armour and are using Ethereal Knives.)
Wow! Is there a solution to reflect mobs? Or are you supposed to avoid them completely? I've nearly killed myself so many times to reflect
Use fire traps (or bear trap for the boss that spreads the aura). Damage dealt out by traps, totems or minions will not be reflected back to you.
Is that really the order? Do you have any sources like GGG posts?

I seem to remember a GGG post saying the order was reversed from what you said (reflect damage from monster #1, then leech from #1, then reflect damage from monster #2, then leech from #2, etc.), but I can't tell if I'm imagining it/muddling up my memories.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Is that really the order? Do you have any sources like GGG posts?

I seem to remember a GGG post saying the order was reversed from what you said (reflect damage from monster #1, then leech from #1, then reflect damage from monster #2, then leech from #2, etc.), but I can't tell if I'm imagining it/muddling up my memories.

I used this quote from Marc_GGG in one of my posts but can't find the original posting:
Mark_GGG: Leech is processed before reflect damage, so you'll hit, leech (instantly) and then take the reflected damage.
They also said the order is intentional. If you are low on life, they don't want you taking the damage first when the leech would have kept you alive.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
This is all true and Vaal pact is the best way to deal with reflect if you have insane gear (and crit multiplier).

Be aware that also Shock stacks apply to reflect, meaning if you have 3 shock stacks you will take 120% more reflected physical damage.

I made a flask to help a bit with that:

Last edited by Harmster on Aug 19, 2013, 12:31:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info