Spell totem + aura after patch.

So I've read that auras will "check" their gem status upon entering new area.
I have Summon skele + spell totem + hatred + reduced mana in my helmet. So now will I have to remove spell totem gem before entering new area :/?

refer below.

maybe i didnt understand the way you said it :D
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Last edited by JuggaloScruffy on Aug 16, 2013, 12:34:40 PM
^No, that's wrong.

Yes, you must remove it now if you don't want huge mana multiplier.
I don't think so, and if it is then GGG created a bigger problem than they solved. If I have to play gem musical chairs everytime I switch areas I will be bullshit.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Aug 16, 2013, 12:42:21 PM
Oh noes I can't switch the gems in my gear around in such a way as to gain a benefit over the final composition.

You know, that's the exact reason they made this change. So you can't game the system as easily.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Oh noes I can't switch the gems in my gear around in such a way as to gain a benefit over the final composition.

You know, that's the exact reason they made this change. So you can't game the system as easily.

Oh noes, people playing the game as is an children on te forum whining about it!

Also, the above is false unless I missed something.
Edit: Not sure after all...
Last edited by Pluno on Aug 16, 2013, 1:29:39 PM
"
Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.

That is the exact wording, note the keyword "setup".

The express goal was to prevent players from exploiting a bug in gear switching, with the eventual intention (Marks said "expect that to change" regarding not being able to check immediately on gear change) of removing all ability to gain benefits form gear and implicitly gems that you no longer have equipped with the aura.

Gems are part of "setup" implicitly.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Aug 16, 2013, 1:36:52 PM
Summon skele + spell totem + hatred + reduced mana (assuming they are all linked) gives you two active abilities:
Summon skeletons with spell totem and reduced mana
Hatred with spell totem and reduced mana

If you have Summon skele + hatred + reduced mana and cast hatred, you will place the aura on yourself. If you replace your totem and change zones, your character no longer has access to any spells which place hatred on your character. According to the new rules, you will no longer have hatred on your character.
You could unlink your helm dude. You won't have Reduced Mana supporting your Skeletotem but it'd save a lot of time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info