wtf Artic Armour doesnt work with BM?

So been lvling this gem to add some extra survivability to my life based marauder due to my life regen seeing as life..need all the help i can get from extra defense and astonished cant even use this lol.

Why doesnt BM Gem work with Arctic Armour?

Arctic Armour in my off-slot lvling shield.

Like it says it Drains mana, but if its supported by blood Magic shouldn't it spend life? is this a bug? And if its not a bug this is just downright stupid meaning its really only viable for EB user's, And who the hell has that much mana regen bar ele Wanders?
IGN: Blackroset
Last edited by Dunnzo on Aug 16, 2013, 1:36:43 AM
Pretty sure this is intentional. Arctic Armor would be too powerful with reduced mana cost. I run a build using AA for defense, it is extremely good if you have a huge mana pool.
Last edited by DoctorHashcloud on Aug 16, 2013, 1:56:32 AM
Its technically usable without running it 24/7.

But yeah it doesn't work with blood magic which is intentional. I don't remember exactly what the reason was but its not a bug.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Its technically usable without running it 24/7.

But yeah it doesn't work with blood magic which is intentional. I don't remember exactly what the reason was but its not a bug.

You can get enough mana regen to run lvl 22 arctic armor while running
I believe that technically the reasoning is something like this:

Arctic Armour costs 0 mana to cast the skill. Support gems affect how the skill behaves when it is cast. The skill itself applies a debuff which drains your mana. A debuff is not part of the casting cost of the skill, and as such blood magic has no effect on the mana drain debuff, as it is an entirely separate mechanic.

Balance-wise, it would be ridiculously easy to sustain a level 22 Arctic Armour on life regeneration.

Side note:
There are a few ways you can entirely avoid the moving mana drain. Lightning warp if you have high movespeed, leap slam if you have high attack speed. Apart from that, by level 60 it's possible to get 60%+ mana regeneration on many item slots. Combined with clarity it's entirely possible to get huge mana regen even with a very small mana pool.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Aug 16, 2013, 4:03:23 AM
"
lukeiy wrote:

Arctic Armour costs 0 mana to cast the skill. Support gems affect how the skill behaves when it is cast. The skill itself applies a debuff which drains your mana. A debuff is not part of the casting cost of the skill, and as such blood magic has no effect on the mana drain debuff, as it is an entirely separate mechanic.

It's actually a buff. The mana drain is not separate from the phys/fire protection. It's all grouped together under one "Arctic Armour" buff. This means Inner Force will multiply the man adrain.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 16, 2013, 4:23:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info