Does it get better, or is this it?

Thread closed or at least I'm done.
Not sure how much more entertainment I can get out of alteration shards, chromes and alch shards.
"

This doesn't deserve more than a copy past:

The stuff that gets traded every day isn't from 75 maps. And I have yet to see ANY of it drop in my hundreds of hours.

If you've played hundreds of hours and haven't found something worthwhile then you're full of shit or have no idea what to look for.
Please refrain from posting hostile remarks or this thread will be locked. Thanks.
[i]No longer works at GGG[/i]
"First off, my characters level and what lvl maps I do have nothing what so ever to do with anything"

The level of maps you do is a HUGE contributing factor to what loot drops
affixes are separated by tiers for a reason, the best gear is out of reach for most players
The vast majority of my items worth selling come from lvl 75+ maps; in fact i was piss poor until i started running 75+ maps

If you found valuable stuff at the rate you wanted to find valuable stuff everyone would have "valuable stuff" and im sure you can see what happens next
"just for try, for see and for know"
"

And you are the third person to miss the point.
I'm not asking for upgrades to drop. That's not realistic.
Read? I'M NOT ASKING FOR UPGRADES TO DROP.
I'm asking for tradeable loot. You do NOT need lvl 75 maps for the loot that gets traded all day every day in trade chat.
Every single rare is alt shards.

And I disagree about your take on ARPG's. ARPG's are all about loot. SOrry you don't see it..I have to wonder wth it is your character is wearing and what you do maps for exactly?
"
I read:

Items are not dropping that are tradeable/valuable.

I also read:

I'm level 80 running level 70 maps.

Then I chuckled.

Now I'm taking a break.

Don't be smug. First off, my characters level and what lvl maps I do have nothing what so ever to do with anything. Hey I'd lvoe to do some 73 or 75 maps! too bad I don't have any. Now how bout you kiss my ass.
Can you people read?

If it makes any difference, I agree that these other guys just aren't getting your point. Agree or disagree, at least they could debate based on what you're really saying.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"First off, my characters level and what lvl maps I do have nothing what so ever to do with anything"

The level of maps you do is a HUGE contributing factor to what loot drops
affixes are separated by tiers for a reason, the best gear is out of reach for most players
The vast majority of my items worth selling come from lvl 75+ maps; in fact i was piss poor until i started running 75+ maps

If you found valuable stuff at the rate you wanted to find valuable stuff everyone would have "valuable stuff" and im sure you can see what happens next

I don't think he's looking for the BEST stuff by any means, just something that a character higher than level 10 would actually want. Something he could sell to some mid-range characters and maybe be able to get another map at least out of it.

I don't understand why he's not finding these things, but I think he's saying that he's not finding these things.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Aug 15, 2013, 9:42:46 PM
High level affixes need to be tightened a bit IMO.

Reduce affix range from "anything" to "top three tiers", then weight affix assignent such that lowest tier is roughly as common as combined current "low tier" affixes.

The result is that low end drops become more consistent (allowing for tighter game balance as you level and more consistent gearing) while retaining rarity of best affixes. Uniques should all be bonus items (IE added in per pack as a ridiculously small roll) and explicitly stated as such, so that you don't feel screwed when a low level one drops (taking up a slot that could have been a high level rare).

This neatly tightens itemization, stratifies uniques out as "very rare bonus items", and preserves current gear hunt. One thing to consider though is that by increasing the floor on itemization you're just going to make bad "better" and just as likely to be vendor trash.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I'm sure 90% of his problem is he's playing softcore where 5Ls are worth what, 2 chaos? At least in hardcore there is a constant need for every tier (using the term to describe game progression) of gear.

The problem with softcore is the same thing that was wrong with D3. Even the uniques were pretty worthless unless they got the good extra affixes and those had to be rolled high enough that anyone cared anyway. I've ripped a few 5Ls to SC and just vendor because I cba to sell for 5-10 chaos and then transfer that back.

That isn't to say SC is bad, or can't be enjoyable, but that it's going to be extremely hard to find things that people are willing to give you any reasonable amount of currency for from docks/lunaris/low maps that isn't a rare unique or a 1 in a million top rolled rare.
Last edited by Slider13 on Aug 15, 2013, 9:48:13 PM
"
Julia_GGG wrote:
Please refrain from posting hostile remarks or this thread will be locked. Thanks.

Oh noes, the thread will be locked!

But I want to complain about the hundreds of hours of vender trash= alteration shards!
ok, so your point is that you want loot that you can trade meaning it needs to be of a certain quality.

You want it to drop, so you can trade it. I agree it happens very rarely.

Let's say it didnt. Let's say that your good drops came more often, then that would happen for everyone else as well and the bar for tradeable drops would just be raised and you wouldnt be able to trade a thing anyway.

You can not have what you want. Markets saturate and unless u have people dying and taking their items out of the game like in hardcore/onslaught, it will happen eventually and the only way to change it are ladder resets.

Im sure you know this already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info