Help with dual-claws melee build plz!

Okay...I quit PoE a while ago due to being EXTREMELY bored with my dual-incinerate totems Templar build. I really would like to come back and not doom myself to boredom with a boring build like i did last time.

I've been trying to make this Theory-crafted Dual claws build work in my head

The build is supposed to be Decent tanky with decent damage combined with HUGE life-leech from claws to make it viable. I kinda wanted to go with Life so i can have an easier time going over to the duelist and ranger side of the tree and get all of their delicious dual-wielding buff passives.

What do you guys think? I REALLY could use some help here trying to get something fun too play working so i don't quit again.
Last edited by MephistosCousin on Aug 14, 2013, 12:09:28 PM
If you plan to use cyclone, it may not be the best idea to take the leather and steel node, as you don't want that much movespeed. The ranger hybrid evasion/hp nodes may be a good substitute.

With that change, you might be better off with a Ranger start, since you can dodge the shadow movespeed and get a higher attack speed from one of her starter nodes then taking the evasion/hp ones.

You're going to need some hefty +intelligence on gear to wear most of the high end claws, too, so keep that in mind or spec a +30 int at some point.

The block/attack speed dual wielding nodes by Shadow can be quite useful, as if you end up with low movespeed cyclone it will give you a decent boost in whirling blades speed I think.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Aug 14, 2013, 12:39:34 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Snip

okay how does THIS look?

no its not a cyclone build (if it was i wouldn't take the not stun node). The main attack should be Dual Strike with Melee splash and other useful support gems! ^_^

Knowing this does it seem better?
Best advice you will ever get: wait for monday when the new claw skill "Reave" is released... Profit!
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
Best advice you will ever get: wait for monday when the new claw skill "Reave" is released... Profit!

oooo what will Reave do? Links?

and FUUUUUUUUUUUCK Monday...thats when classes start back up >.<
Practical build,it works.Got a duelist which is almost the same.You just have to remove Primal spirit+%mana and spend them on Mana Flows+%mana.Also get Berserking.
It's your decision,ofc,but do you really find Rakers area that important,when you intend to use 2 X claws?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Practical build,it works.Got a duelist which is almost the same.You just have to remove Primal spirit+%mana and spend them on Mana Flows+%mana.Also get Berserking.
It's your decision,ofc,but do you really find Rakers area that important,when you intend to use 2 X claws?

Yes Rakers are ESSENTIAL for any claws build imo. With it literally EVERY attack you do will pop off the maximum life leech.

Mana Flows doesn't give as much INT and doesn't Give any strength like Primal Spirit Does
Couple things:

-You have fairly low int and some higher level claws do have a decent int requirement so you made need to grab a 30 int node depending on your gear

-You should probably grab bezerking since you're one point away and it's a very efficient node.

-If you don't plan on using the unique claw blood seeker you may want to consider going CI and getting vaal pact

-You could save one point and go to master of the arena via water dancing instead of dervish (depends on how badly you want that block chance)

-Area in ranger tree to get finesse costs a lot of points. If you end up dropping dervish I'd drop this area and rework it and you'd free up like 7 points to get some other nodes such as Ambidexterity and Gallantry.

I'm currently running something like this but making the switch to CI once anarchy ends (so I don't have to repurchase some nice ES gear). I might make the same suggestion to you because switching allowed me to run more auras and have around 2k more effective life.

Oh and for the mana discussion mind drinker should give you all the mana sustainability you need, may have to run 1 mana pot in half regen maps

Here's where I was planning to go for CI:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUMjQ1JDkgOrREvEZYTwBR1Ff0Y2x4aIWAnqSgqKLUppTBUMHwxezIJOu1AVUCgRwZRR1uvYIhhUmp-apVuaW9XdEF08XfXfyt_xoTZh9uIa4o4jb-P-pAKmVeZmpp4nrmfy6M6pn-nNK0esbO0xbVItve-p8Ls1gfb590N3UjjhOsU62PsGO1B7XbvTu-g_5MrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjrBxSy_hq4V19eGVmOio8HzbRnDbTvh4venK4t6u9YRUJ8nQ5wshVoatkE0k2Nw7-MSIF6Lz_g=

Last edited by recurring on Aug 14, 2013, 1:31:57 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:

You're going to need some hefty +intelligence on gear to wear most of the high end claws, too, so keep that in mind or spec a +30 int at some point.

Does this apply to all claws? I'm making a pure-dexterity shadow, so this statement of yours came across as daunting.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
"
Deceptionist wrote:
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:

Does this apply to all claws? I'm making a pure-dexterity shadow, so this statement of yours came across as daunting.

Look here for stat requirements:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Claws

You will probably need at least 1 +30 int node and maybe a bit of int on gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info