Make blind not usable for IR based chars?

Have devs considered making this? :3 Blind in game completely removes purpose of making evade chars, especially at late game.

Or please buff acrobatics even more, because feedback of acrobatics for FLIPPING 6 skillpoints is very-very low and this is only way to go for PURE evade character. (30% dodge and 20% phasedodge and both is like "meh" against mitigating some serious streaks of enemies attacks)

Seriously, i want to see more powerful evade chars rather than regular IR ones.

Everything im saying applied to melee balance, don't care about ranged chars.

And ofcourse i want to see this in hardcore/onslaught.

I want to do monster damage + added elemental damage + -max resists maps without fear of 1-shot. With IR you can stack armour and mitigate physical part of damage, which is the most part.

THOUGH, i like very much Arrow Dodging )
IGN: DarkForceImSuckyNoob
Last edited by Ranger21 on Aug 14, 2013, 8:45:17 AM
"
I want to do monster damage + added elemental damage + -max resists maps without fear of 1-shot

Then stack HP / ES, armor won't help that much against potential 1 shot physical hits, evasion won't save you from Ele burst either.
Blind is already pretty much unuseable for them. Iron Reflexers as a rule take Unwavering stance too, and that makes Blind useless.

On the other hand, devs might want to consider moving IR away form DEX area because it has nothing to do with dex anymore. I mean, it's a shame for armor users that cheaply want to add that natural 300 eva + grace to their armor having to spend so many points to reach IR, go on, transplant it somewhere more accessible.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Ranger21 wrote:
Have devs considered making this? :3 Blind in game completely removes purpose of making evade chars, especially at late game.

Or please buff acrobatics even more, because feedback of acrobatics for FLIPPING 6 skillpoints is very-very low and this is only way to go for PURE evade character. (30% dodge and 20% phasedodge and both is like "meh" against mitigating some serious streaks of enemies attacks)

Seriously, i want to see more powerful evade chars rather than regular IR ones.

Everything im saying applied to melee balance, don't care about ranged chars.

And ofcourse i want to see this in hardcore/onslaught.

I want to do monster damage + added elemental damage + -max resists maps without fear of 1-shot. With IR you can stack armour and mitigate physical part of damage, which is the most part.

THOUGH, i like very much Arrow Dodging )

There are no "serious streaks of attacks" -- since most of what you'll get his with is elemental or projectile, in which case you have resistances and the ability to move. If you stand still, well, what do you expect.

A good evasion char is sitting on AT LEAST 80% to dodge, which is only 1 in 5 attacks will hit. It's not random, it's set in stone.
"
ozzy9832001 wrote:

There are no "serious streaks of attacks" -- since most of what you'll get his with is elemental or projectile, in which case you have resistances and the ability to move. If you stand still, well, what do you expect.

A good evasion char is sitting on AT LEAST 80% to dodge, which is only 1 in 5 attacks will hit. It's not random, it's set in stone.

LoL... Wut??

65% Evasion + 30% Dodge + 19% Block from dual wielding + 20% Spell Dodge + Ondars Guile + 1800+ Life...

Guess what... "Mobs Hit Accurately"... "Allies Always Crit"... "Multiple Projectiles"..."Inflict Status Ailments"... "Punctures"...

Yeah all of those mean death for an evasion character. Evasion area has 1 life regen node.. Evasion has SEVERAL hard counters. Evasion is better for NON dex characters than it is FOR dex characters. My witches use Grace for a free 20% evasion chance but the best my Evasion character can do is pop a granite flask and shout for 3 endurance charges.

Armor users get easy access to Endurance charges which are FAR better than Frenzy charges... Frenzy.. 4% bonus to Evasion w/ passive. 3 Basic + 3 Passives + 1 Bandit + 1 item == 32% bonus to evasion... about the same as 1 keystone and half of a passive.

Endurance 4% physical damage reduction... 2 Rings with Endurance + 3 Passives + 3 Basic == 9 charges * 4% == 36% Physical damage reduction ON TOP of Armor damage reduction.. Lets not also forget the 4% Elemental Resistance so a bonus 36% Elemental (to top off the 42% you can get in the Maruader starting area).

Significant Flaws/Counters for Evasion/Dex toons...
Low Life == dead in 1-2 successive hits.
Low Life == easily frozen
Low Life == easily stunned
Low Life == easily shocked
Low Life == easily ignited
Low Life + Low Regen == dead to puncture before you realize your punctured
Low Life + Low Regen == dead to chaos cloud
Low Life + Low Regen + max 20% dodge spells == Voidbearer and other casters easily kill you

Hard Counters against Evasion/Dex toons
Hits Accurately (no evasion)
Multiple Projectiles Spells (Dodge is worthless)
Groups of mobs casting Ice Snap (instantly frozen and to many to keep popping pots)
Stunned if EVER hit which means you cant run away
No damage reduction against puncture/bleed attacks

Best solutions so far... Flame Totem + Blind and spam Enfeeble... hope for the best but you have been hard countered.
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
"
raics wrote:
Blind is already pretty much unuseable for them. Iron Reflexers as a rule take Unwavering stance too, and that makes Blind useless.

On the other hand, devs might want to consider moving IR away form DEX area because it has nothing to do with dex anymore. I mean, it's a shame for armor users that cheaply want to add that natural 300 eva + grace to their armor having to spend so many points to reach IR, go on, transplant it somewhere more accessible.

Wrong, Blind is still useful to IR. Anything that gets blinded only has a 24% (technically 23.75%) chance to hit IR players. It can be a big deal. I have blinded Kole many times, and most of his big hits misses. Is like he has butter fingers. I even specced out of Unwavering Stance once I had enough HP, res, and armor to take advantage of blind.

Now add in Enfeeble with blind, and it makes a deadly combo. As an IR player, the accuracy part of enfeeble is voided since 24% chance to hit is the absolute minimum because IR can only go as high as 5% chance to evade. Enfeeble is still useful for lowering crit chance, crit multiplier, and damage.

Have those two combined to a boss, and it will fail horribly to kill you.

Though, I do prefer blind to continue to work with IR because as a melee, I am pretty much in the face with everything, and what good way to get them under their skins by using underhanded method like blind.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 14, 2013, 4:58:29 PM
"
raics wrote:

In the middle for instance. Lower right of the tree.
how will nerfing IR + blind combo make your evasion character stronger?
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Wrong, Blind is still useful to IR. Anything that gets blinded only has a 24% (technically 23.75%) chance to hit IR players. It can be a big deal. I have blinded Kole many times, and most of his big hits misses. Is like he has butter fingers. I even specced out of Unwavering Stance once I had enough HP, res, and armor to take advantage of blind.

Now add in Enfeeble with blind, and it makes a deadly combo. As an IR player, the accuracy part of enfeeble is voided since 24% chance to hit is the absolute minimum because IR can only go as high as 5% chance to evade. Enfeeble is still useful for lowering crit chance, crit multiplier, and damage.

Have those two combined to a boss, and it will fail horribly to kill you.

Though, I do prefer blind to continue to work with IR because as a melee, I am pretty much in the face with everything, and what good way to get them under their skins by using underhanded method like blind.

Blind IS a powerful survival factor for almost any char, it really does wonders. However, I was addressing the fact most IR users take Unwavering Stance too, which makes you unable to evade rendering blind useless.

Other than that, blind isn't a too popular support anyway as most people have no idea what it can do. They only see low chance of it happening and forget that cyclone or flame/incinerate totems can apply the thing in half a second.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Other than that, blind isn't a too popular support anyway as most people have no idea what it can do. They only see low chance of it happening and forget that cyclone or flame/incinerate totems can apply the thing in half a second.

Blind synergies well with a lot of attack speed as you pointed out with cyclone and flame/incinerate totems. Frenzy can also work well with blind since you can build up tremendous amount of attack speed. I use Frenzy (with 7 frenzy charges) and it usually does not take long before anything gets blinded unless I happen to kill before it procs.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 14, 2013, 5:40:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info