Several questions about game spell mechanics and crafting

AFAIK blind greatly reduce their accuracy so it works best with evasion builds. If you can't evade because of passives or equipment (some uniques can have that effect) you won't get anything from blind sadly and if you don't have much evasion blind won't help much either.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 13, 2012, 10:42:48 AM
Why blind wont help if I don't have big evasion chance?

I thought blind makes them like stunned, just wandering around, didn't know that it reduces accuracy.

Ok, so anyone can tell me what works with tempest shield? other then blind and reduced mana cost.
"
RG_PankO wrote:
Why blind wont help if I don't have big evasion chance?

I thought blind makes them like stunned, just wandering around, didn't know that it reduces accuracy.

Ok, so anyone can tell me what works with tempest shield? other then blind and reduced mana cost.

Because the actual chance of a monster to hit you is calculated from your evasion and the monsters accuracy (what you see in the defence tab ingame is only the average chance to evade - it uses the average accuracy of monsters on your lvl).
So if your evasion is low the monster can still hit you reliably even with reduced accuracy...

For Tempest shield the added damages should work(e.g. added lightning damage), BUT they'll increase the mana cost greatly, so i don't think it is worth it... Increased crit chance could work to make the enemys shocked (they'll receive 40% more damage while they are shocked) and the support gem isn't that bad in terms of mana cost (115% - this could be neegated with a leveled reduced mana gem). Normally Elemental profileration works greatly with the increased crit chance, but again the mana cost will become huge...

EDIT: if you have some strenght you could try Iron will (i haven't tried if it works with tempest, but it should), it add no mana cost and only increases the cast time (which should affect only the innitial cast time, which isn't that imporatant anyway :))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 14, 2012, 3:01:52 AM
Well the problem is I am a duelist with a shield that has Blood Magic on and every % of mana reserved fucks me hard :)

Still I want to benefit more from my shield and the awesome visual effect of the shield just makes me use it, kekeke.
"
RG_PankO wrote:
I guess if 10 mobs attack one after another in 100 milliseconds delay one of other if the player has not that passive he won't be able to block, let's say his really lucky, all of the attacks, because his character has to complete the animation between every attack, is that correct?

You can still block while in the block recovery (or stun) animation. I think it just resets duration of animation. The animation is very short by default (350ms), that number is affected by "block and stun recovery" mods.
Not every block will cause the animation though. Only when you block hits that would have stunned you if they weren't blocked. But since you have unwavering stance, you can't be stunned and therefore will never have the block recovery animation.

As for blind, it gives the monster 75% less chance to hit for four seconds.
So if a monster had a 50% chance to hit you, based on accuracy and evasion, they will have a 12.5% chance to hit you while blinded.

There is the possibility that the unwavering stance keystone is having some sort of effect here, since it prevents you from evading. The way I would imagine it should work is that with unwavering stance the enemy would have 100% chance to hit you normally, and 25% chance while blinded. But it might not work that way. Perhaps GGG will confirm how this works here, otherwise you might want to ask in the thread dedicated to the blind support gem.
Last edited by Malice on Sep 14, 2012, 3:17:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info