Is it at all possible to play PoE on integrated graphics?

Hi guys! I've been a fan of PoE and have followed it closely ever since I first saw it featured on TotalBiscuit's "WTF is..." series. It's my first time actually posting on the forums though.

I just saw the countdown for the next public stress test, having played on the last two open beta weekends and enjoyed it immensely, I would just like to ask you guys a few questions regarding PoE's graphics settings.

I was just wondering if it is at all possible to play the game with both resolution and "eye-candy" options at their minimum with my G31 motherboard's integrated graphics for my graphics card died and have yet to get it fixed.

Thank you all in advance!

EDIT:

Also, I'm not sure if I posted this on the right place. Feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate place.
Last edited by tryagainplss on Sep 11, 2012, 9:48:31 AM
It didnt work for me (the integrated was too low) but i think that if u got a good one ull be running with no problem (ye i know integrated GC aint good but some are better than others, right?)
First off, it's not all about GPU.

If you have at least 3 GB RAM, reasonably fast dual-core processor, and your integrated GPU supports the technology required (Shader Model 2.0 I think) then yes, it will work.

I can play PoE on my high-end netbook - 1.65 GHz dual-core APU with "integrated" HD6320. It's not the greatest experience, but it's playable (and not much more) at least.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
While I was building my new system I was playing on my Ultrabook which just had the Intel HD3000 integrated, Core i5, and 4gb RAM.

Had to turn off shadows and pretty much everything else, how I had not issues playing it.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
I played on intel4500Mhd wasnt too fast but playable.
But definitely needs some more gfx options scaling to be tunable, especially the effects has to be turned off somehow, shipyard was slideshow.
I recently had to RMA my 660ti so i'm running HD 4000 chipset for my graphics ( ivy bridge ) with 8GB Samsung DDR3 30nm RAM. I'm running 1680x1050 res ( waiting for my 1440 res monitor ) with everything on it's maximum settings, full screen with Diablo 2, Atlantica Online, MSN, Facebook and a bunch of other programs running in the background. I'm having zero issues with this game lag wise. I haven't overclocked the CPU, RAM or the HD4000 graphics yet... so i guess i could expect even better performance.
I would not bet on it working...at least not that great. My laptop with 8GB ram, 2.6GHZ dual core CPU and a Geforce GT650 M can barely make a laggy low fps picture on higher resolution.

And you said your old card just died, so i wouldnt risk setting the internal gpu under such a huge load...it still should be enough time to purchase a new card if you got any good shops / sites in your region.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
"
TPxErebus wrote:
I would not bet on it working...at least not that great. My laptop with 8GB ram, 2.6GHZ dual core CPU and a Geforce GT650 M can barely make a laggy low fps picture on higher resolution.

And you said your old card just died, so i wouldnt risk setting the internal gpu under such a huge load...it still should be enough time to purchase a new card if you got any good shops / sites in your region.

Maybe your CPU is just lacking, or maybe you are actually running it off of an internal card, because I'm using a similar system, but with an i7 CPU, and I'm running 1920x1080 with maxed other settings just fine. Check to see if some on board GPU is being used. You may need to download (or update) Nvidia's Optimus software.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
I see.

I guess I won't be able to tell for sure until the weekend, when I'm actually able to play.

EDIT:

Thanks everyone
Last edited by tryagainplss on Sep 11, 2012, 11:27:19 PM
If you are looking at just an integrated card the AMD A series processors are actually quite good for integrated. Would recommend an A8 or higher though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info