So i got lucky and received Beta. Thinking of choosing shadow

Hi all, I found out today that I received Beta yesterday (YAY!) and while the game is downloading I am wondering if choosing shadow would be a good class, and also where I should go with it.

I prefer melee over ranged, and quick fast attacks, over slow and powerful, so I was thinking dual wield weapons? is this a good idea? What passives should I be going for? any other help would be awesome too =)

thanks!
Try out shadow, duelist, marauder or even templar. You can build all of these classes to have fast attacks even if you use a 2 hand weapon. For instance my 2h marauder has an attack speed of over 2 attacks per second with a 2h, so there's no limit. I'd suggest that you try out all the classes and see what you like :)
Ah ok seems like a good idea, I'll be sure to try out all the classes.

Also I was thinking of going for a claw using build, and also energy shield build with that passive that makes you chaos immune with 1 hp and +50% energy shield.(Forgot what it was called) Would this be any good?
"
Also I was thinking of going for a claw using build, and also energy shield build with that passive that makes you chaos immune with 1 hp and +50% energy shield.(Forgot what it was called) Would this be any good?

Should work wonders if you also pick up the new Ghost Reaver Passive skill that allows you to leech energy shield instead of life. Without it the innate life leech of claws will be wasted with a pure energy shield build.

If you don't take Ghost Reaver daggers will probably work better.

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
dagger + es steal works too, and deals much more dps. join the dagger shadow camp! :D
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Hi all, I found out today that I received Beta yesterday (YAY!) and while the game is downloading I am wondering if choosing shadow would be a good class, and also where I should go with it.

I prefer melee over ranged, and quick fast attacks, over slow and powerful, so I was thinking dual wield weapons? is this a good idea? What passives should I be going for? any other help would be awesome too =)

thanks!

For what you want, shadow is a fine choice. For passives, the obvious ones are "more attack speed"...but little else is universal.

Do you want to base your defenses on energy shield? Go for Chaos Innoculation and Ghost Reaver, get +ES% nodes, avoid the HP nodes. Otherwise, get some HP nodes!

Do you want to focus more on physical or elemental damage? As a shadow, you can do either. But if you choose to focus on elemental damage, don't go out of your way to get passives like "6% more physical damage with daggers" or "6% more physical damage while dual wielding".

Do you want to get lots of crit stuff? I would say that unless you are going daggers, it isn't a great idea to invest in a lot of crit. For claws or swords, I'd instead rely on Diamond Flasks for crits. If you do go dagger, and want crit, don't half ass it and only get a couple points here and there: crit and crit damage points synergize with each other and rapidly grow in value as you get high amounts of both.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 11, 2012, 1:43:46 PM
Thanks guys, yeah i was going to go for ghost Reaver and Chaos Innoculation and focus on Energy shield passives. I want to go for the claws, and i have been planning what you guys have said out on the passive skill tree, and i think it is looking good for what i want.

Also yeah i am going to focus on physical. So it isnt a good idea to go for much crits? ive been getting a couple along the way.

I'm thinking ultimately my char will be 1 hp full Energy shield, immune to chaos, dual claws, and getting life leech turned into energy, and only physical.

Also what equipment should i be going for? early game and late game? I do want evade aswell as hitting multiple times a second, so i was thinking of going for equipment with only evade and energy shield on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info