Error : Timeout Was Reached While Downloading

Hi, I recently tried downloading this game and it would randomly stop downloading at random times (Yes, I redownloaded it and tried 3 times in 2 days) It would give me a message saying "Error : Timeout was reached while downloading 'Then a long link for the game code'"

Here is what it would show below.

http://gyazo.com/5539436672453513cfbacab3348b3684

I redownloaded it multiple times / Never worked
I disconnected my router multiple times / Never worked
I turned off all anti-virus/firewall software / Never worked
I ran as Administrator / Never worked
The internet wasn't twitchy at all and wasn't going offline, etc

I don't know what to do as I was soooo excited to start playing this game as a favorite new game for a long time.

If I could get help, this is my first time on the forums too; It would be a great-great help!

Thanks so much!
[Mod Edit: Removed]
Last edited by Totemizer on Aug 11, 2013, 11:02:53 AM
Could you please let me know if you have any other software installed that may be monitoring your network connections? I also recommend adding Path of Exile to the whitelist of any antivirus/firewall software you may have rather than disabling these programs completely.
I've been having this problem for the past year. I've even installed it on the new computer that is not running any anti-virus and very little other software. Sometimes VPN helps sometimes not. Patching is really really hard. Takes multiple days ... nursing it 10-20 MB at the time. I've only managed to install the client because someone posted a torrent when open beta started. Also I've never had any problems like this with other online games.

As for playing, I have no problems ... no connection issues whatsoever, just patching.

Just FYI
Please assist.

I have downloaded bulk of the 5.75GB game except for these last 15MB. Internet is working fine.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info