Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Just add a colorblind Option?

I don't know if this is should be considered good or bad, but my first thought upon seeing the new socket graphics was, "it sort of looks like graphics that were pulled over from GW2". Admittedly a bit jarring.

After 12 hours of playing post patch, my first thought is still unchanged ;-(.
The new color is a bit distracting.

I personally don't care much, but I think there's certainly enough demand to warrant a toggle of the socket appearance.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 10, 2012, 5:51:59 PM
"
kildram wrote:
I will agree... it's not that the color/design are bad... it's just that I find it's out of place from the rest of the game...

like OP said... Cartoony... does not match the dark/gritty look of the game...

Maybe a simpler solution would be to revert the color cheme back, and add a row, in the item description with something like "G<->R<->B B R<-G>" (but prettier :)

I commonly abbreviate sockets in a very simple and easy to understand matter. Take for example a 6 socket bow, with 4 linked green sockets, and an unlinked red and blue socket. I'd abbreviate that GGGG/R/B. Or an armour with 2 linked red, a 3-linked blue and 2 reds, and an unlinked blue. That'd be RR/BRR/B. Very simple to understand which are linked this way.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
I completly agree. The colour is to strong and for me they do not look like sokels anymore.

It is not bad, to bring colour to a game, but now it looks like comic for me.
The dark was better!
I agree the sockets were a lot better before.
And tbh I'd never see an argument like this :o "for colorblind" seriously ? it's not that I don't care about them but just find an other way without making it bad for non-colorblind...
Last edited by GutzFR on Sep 11, 2012, 3:26:43 AM
I agree, not really too fond of the new graphic
"
jujuman wrote:
Primarily I like the links. Much thinner than before. Honestly before, I couldn't tell what an item was sometime due to the number of sockets and links on the item.

I actually like the links to look slightly thicker than they do now. It's hard for me to read the links quickly now.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
I agree. The way the sockets (and the links between them) looked before this patch was awsome, I really think they were perfect. As the OP said, I don't know if this is hard to implement, but it would be really good if it happens.
IGN: ZiggyStar
"
GrimJahk wrote:

Instead of the bright colors why not go with gem shapes?

Red = Vertical 4 sided diamond
Green = Cut square
Blue = Horizontal Diamond

Agree.

The colors look a little garish but I can live with it. My main reaction is, how does this help truly colorblind people?
not enough time for gaming!
"
zinger wrote:
"
GrimJahk wrote:

Instead of the bright colors why not go with gem shapes?

Red = Vertical 4 sided diamond
Green = Cut square
Blue = Horizontal Diamond

Agree.

The colors look a little garish but I can live with it. My main reaction is, how does this help truly colorblind people?

My friend, who is slightly red-green color blind says the sockets seem close in color to the rest of the game. I think that the shape variants would be the best overall option to differentiate the gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info