Ethereal Knives + facebreaker = OP ?

Do you think that the combination form the title is viable? I think that if the gloves bonus applies to the Ek dmg no other spell or phy passive from the tree is needed.
Can you please confirm if the following benefit EK:
1.Elemental auras, e.g. hatred
2.Increased AOE
3.Faster cast rate

I think that templar should be the starting area and then go the center of the tree for other useful passives..

GG
Last edited by Nazgull on Sep 10, 2012, 10:18:13 AM
Hatred and faster cast rate affects EK on totems. The other auras don't and I don't think facebreaker does either (would be incredibly unbalanced if so).
"
I don't think facebreaker does either (would be incredibly unbalanced if so).

Why not ... it says unarmed physical dmg ... I can not test it perhaps someone should verify that. It sounds tempting :)
Facebreaker specifically applies to unarmed/no weapon damage, Ethereal Knives is a physical damage spell, so it would not be affected by Facebreaker.
Can someone proove this in reallity?
A couple sources, if you think about this carefully you will realize that ethereal knives only benefits from "projectile damage" and "spell damage" bonuses. Face breaker's bonus is "unarmed damage", which doesn't benefit projectiles or spells at all.

EK is a projectile spell, not fist damage.

"
Rory wrote:
Unavailable
Unavailable

"
Chris wrote:

[li]Skill and Support Gems now have tags that show what types of things affect them. For example, gems affected by "+1 to Level of Fire Gems in this item" would now say "Fire" on them.[/li]

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 10, 2012, 1:12:47 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Nazgull wrote:
Can someone proove this in reallity?

I thought of this build a long time ago and tested it already. I can confirm it doesn't work.
It amazes me how many people think of this one and then ask. The gloves are designed for unarmed power. They might have affected physical spells earlier than the beta phase (I can imagine it on alpha) but there's no way it'd make that far. :)

EK works just fine. You just need to be creative with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it got some sort of buff in the future but Facebreaker synergy ain't it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
They're still working fine on my Witch. I'm up to 1.4k dps EK Totems with my lvl 61 Witch now.
Last edited by Brussel_Sprout on Sep 10, 2012, 7:22:04 PM
Hatred and faster casting apply. Increased AOE and Facebreaker do not. EK fires 10 individual projectiles. It does not have any AOE at all and it does not deal unarmed damage. It is my primary skill for one character and I have explored all these possibilities thoroughly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info