" nerfed builds

as te title says, there are 2 of the build that i was using (one of them lvl 30).

i had a Poison arrow duelist, and with the big amount of mana they practically destroy my entire build, 72 mana every time I shoot an arrow and my other build: A summoner Templar, this build doesn't go that bad, but the epic nerf of the zombies life and totems, it's like run all over the place because the zombies take 1 or 2 hit and get killed, it te same problem with the totems, the decoy totem that is the most resistant totem of all, get killed as fast as i cast it.

this is not a thread to complain it's just a thread opinions and, maybe, for way to fix the mana roblem with my builds.

here they are:

Templar:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAAJbF5wQjMGQPjoKdFSHhBBZeWGkakfLaJO3gqCpDLxE63KoVPSpIdUsGJWtLrz-XWXzpoWURcrVn7gnqfMAh3n-qyB6DhhvahnOLD4xRUaOZLWG3m_AqxaGqfASp25ZqsShgo7j1f-3AAL820Xv46NKRJwrYZqkl2ZuoEuVj0FTm1qrX62ALjfUtu7z-i-Ku

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable

Duelist:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQQAA0OLpQPF4GsEH3keCvwqrw6E6RwTFdppFFL5CBWF8GUWsGJ3F6XYpBliU_4dXs2dI-9IrCRCnaAmwPOJJ3mkDTEtIjQzGYXCQS3w9ETGMulFtVD5RqoNjkhZ_PNS_IQEXFkWGF49JoBf-eCoYZrfSmnbwjVwI3fgcYQpHHPvG9yCee3uhNccEoX9L_yG5oUPiWl-loyfC2qRIv9UkrJitpMa4mWUgzuelcA-UZmR8WCdMCE6o6DOjaTwAXWp7pldqf7n0K09hoeuutvhsrw6_LT2VeG2dYdutwgLCbirvezADNxhzahhb9jdRc3ZEmIN2uZh_d6gr03lst-a6xQWXOwqqq_0CpgU_WgJbf78fw4=

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

thanks for te help :D
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well I got a high level(level 74) Life/ES summon Templar and he is playable but it's quiet annoying to play him after the patch.

The summons die in masses once they see goats, coldsnap or exploding arrows making it incredibly annoying to recast all the time.

Unlike the last patch you have to recast all the time.

I have a level 30 summon Templar which should use the same build as the high level Templar and I have to say it's incredibly slow and the minions still suck in cruel when using both summon uniques.
Before 0.9.12 Cruel was quiet playable because zombies did damage and survived a lot longer.
But after the patch the zombies keep dying in masses once the skeletons(after like 10 recasts) kill some monster in a mob you can raise a zombie again but due the life fix it became weak and dies around 1-3 hits just like in normal.
Not to mention the Spectre is a complete waste if you haven't revived a monkey chieftain.

My guess is that the devs though about aurastacked high manareduced Summoners only and didn't look at the game start.
Limiting or reducing auraeffects would have much less impact on the gameplay.

But with those auras and some more levels you could even create an incredible strong ranger witch for example.
My lvl 66 summoner still seems pretty badass after the patch. Although I have always used cold, fire, and lightning auras. Specters are completely worthless now. I mean you can only have 2 and they kind of just wonder around and not do anything. My skeletons and zombies both seem to be doing better damage and it seems like they survive longer. Did not try any maps yet but I plan on trying a few today. Oh and the fact that you can only summon two skeletons at a time regardless of level really blows.
If your build was nerfed, it's probably because it was too good. So be proud of it.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
Hilbert wrote:
My guess is that the devs though about aurastacked high manareduced Summoners only and didn't look at the game start.

We certainly did look at the game start, and how summoner builds progress. We made a special effort to play through early parts of the game in depth as a summoner.

If you have specific points you were having issues with for early progression, please let me know at what levels, and what choices you make.

We did note that the Rocky climb is a harsh area for summoners. Those goats, they don't like the dead. We may have to look at the monster composition for that area.

The burning ground hellions probably are equally responsible. I find minions die a lot faster wherever these guys appear.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

We certainly did look at the game start, and how summoner builds progress. We made a special effort to play through early parts of the game in depth as a summoner.

If you have specific points you were having issues with for early progression, please let me know at what levels, and what choices you make.

We did note that the Rocky climb is a harsh are for summoners. Those goats, they don't like the dead. We may have to look at the monster composition for that area.

QUARL could you explain us why did you choose to limit of skeletons / cast?

Not even going into whether skil is strong/ weak now i feel its somehow not the way it was planned to be designed... it was planned as skeletal army, and now ur making effor in limiting its numbers.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
@op
I'm not sure if you've just got some of those gems there in order to keep levelling them, or if you are mistaken as to how they work. So maybe you already know this, but a lot of those gems aren't optimally placed. For instance life gain on hit does not work with ice nova, it only works with attacks not spells - it won't increase the ice nova mana cost though, so that's not a big problem.
Another one is elemental proliferation on poison arrow, it is increasing the cost of your skill by 40%, but it's not going to be providing much benefit. It will work but probably isn't worth the cost. Lesser multiple projectiles probably isn't really worth the cost either, generally the large poison cloud is big enough.
Also added fire damage won't add damage to molten shell, since molten shell doesn't deal any physical damage.

So you might want to try a few different combinations of you gems, and find something that works a bit better.
i can see that some people understand what my problems with the new patch, it seems that the patch bust 100% shadows and rangers, but Duelist has been severely nerf, i can note my Def is much more slow, and as I already mention, the high mana cost for the poison arrow (before patch mana cost of my poison arrow was 25, after patch it becomes 75)

With the templar is a problem of minions, I thought that only the life OR damage of zombies would be nerfed, but it seems i was wrong.

Oh btw, no one send me a build of a templar LOL, i was wondering if someone let me see a a pasive tree for a summoner or a Poison arrow delist so i can fix and at last kill a normal moster in merc without get a 1-hit kill.
Turned my L69 poison arrow build into a death sentence build (Blood magic). 212 health per shot, 1200 life pool.

Looks like it's time for me to go for a burning arrow or cold arrow build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info