Poison arrow no longer pierces? (or rather, has changed piercing behavior)

I have 91% pierce chance on poison arrow (piercing shot and a support gem) and after the patch it does not pierce.

With lightning arrow (no support gem, so just the 35% pierce chance from PS) I pierce just fine.

It feels that with the vast increase in the mana cost for PA, at least it could still have a chance to pierce. Did I miss something in the patch notes about this?
Last edited by Ekeron on Sep 10, 2012, 12:16:54 PM
I noticed normal firing the arrows don't continue forward they all stop with multi shot, shift clicking this behavior doesn't happen. Poison arrow is all jacked up this patch
"
McHearty wrote:
I noticed normal firing the arrows don't continue forward they all stop with multi shot, shift clicking this behavior doesn't happen.
This is intentional, and has always been poison arrow's behaviour unless specifically targeting a monster rather than a location.

@Ekeron: I will get Rory to test piercing on poison arrow and see what we can find out.
UPDATE: Rory has confirmed that poison arrow id definitely still piercing - I saw it myself pierce through 8 zombies in a row.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 10, 2012, 1:00:16 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is intentional, and has always been poison arrow's behaviour unless specifically targeting a monster rather than a location.
Before this patch I had Poison Arrow bound to mouse 1 slot, when I would fire at a group of enemies with greater multi projectiles it would hit with one or two and then the rest would go farther and kill stuff offscreen, this is no longer the case with PA, though this functionality remains with other arrow skills. This functionality used to only be on shift clicking, which seems to have switched with the normal functionality.
"
McHearty wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Before this patch I had Poison Arrow bound to mouse 1 slot, when I would fire at a group of enemies with greater multi projectiles it would hit with one or two and then the rest would go farther and kill stuff offscreen, this is no longer the case with PA, though this functionality remains with other arrow skills. This functionality used to only be on shift clicking, which seems to have switched with the normal functionality.
Are you targeting the ground, or a specific monster when you fire?
Before the patch, if I targeted a monster close in, the arrow would pierce and continue to others along the line of flight. Now if I attempt the same shot, the arrow does not pierce, but ends with the mob I have targeted. It will pierce through a monster if I target something far and another monster happens to get in the arrow's way.

In other words, before the patch I could aim at the close guy and pierce to hit others behind him, now I have to aim at the far guy and hope the arrow pierces through something between me and what I'm aiming at. The mechanics for this feel clunky.
Strange, poison arrows have always exploded at my mouse cursor or at the first enemy it contacts with, with pierce it still explodes at my mouse cursor if it gets there.
I guess the new projectile behaviour is to blame for this one.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

A specific Monster when I normal click, all projectiles seem to stop when the initial monster is hit, which wasn't the case previous to the current patch.
"
McHearty wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

A specific Monster when I normal click, all projectiles seem to stop when the initial monster is hit, which wasn't the case previous to the current patch.
I have identified the issue with this and will be looking into a fix once more urgent tasks are complete.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info