Ghost reaver.

Is this node also working with x life gained on each enemy hit support gem and items??

Or just % of damaged leeched as life?
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Only with leech. Life gain on hit still gives you life with that passive.
✠ ✠
is the ES leech still capped by the 20% max hp my character has?
important piece of information considering CI.
"
halfdead2 wrote:
is the ES leech still capped by the 20% max hp my character has?
important piece of information considering CI.

When you have CI your max life for such limits is considered the life you would have without CI. So its not that restricting.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 10, 2012, 7:52:07 AM
i know that already and indeed i wasnt clear enough when is stated my question.

point still stands. 20% of like 600hp is 120hp which would lead to a ES leech of 120/sec. thats not much considering you can easily have max ES >3000
Last edited by halfdead2 on Sep 10, 2012, 8:31:11 AM
The 20% per second cap is based off of max ES, this was the very first thing I checked.

With ghost reaver, I have about 400 max life (before CI, i checked this when rebuilding my passives), and 3500 max ES. At about 5k dps, mostly physical, and 18% life leech, I am most definitely pulling in more than 80 ES per second (20% of my would-be max health).
"
wiggin wrote:

So new claws are useless with this keystone?!
I though this was made mostly FOR claws?!

"
Torin wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:

So new claws are useless with this keystone?!
I though this was made mostly FOR claws?!

High level claws still give % leech, which is what the talent is designed for. In a relatively normal claw build (this is what I consider a "normal" path), you could get to GR in 40 skill points, or by level 35ish. If you get the XYZ raker nodes, then this would happen at 46 points/level 40, still a bit before life steal claws kick in, but you also still have the HP buffer for LoH to be effective. If you're going for CI, GR and the Raker nodes, then you'd be getting them at about 59 points (Link following my previous idea of "normal"), which is level 48, just as you start to make the transition up to life leech claws. And if it takes you a while to upgrade claws to %, then you can instead put points into the 2 claw clusters along your path.

Part of the scaling problem with old claws was the instant drop from 15 life on hit down to 1% life steal, meaning you needed about 1500 damage *per hit* at level 35 for the upgrade to return more life. The new claw scaling helps that a lot, by maintaining the 15 LoH for longer and making the drop down to only 3% lifesteal, so instead you need ~500 damage per hit for the upgrade to return more life, which is much more reasonable at level 49. Also, if you want to get ghost reaver early, there's still the level 34 fright claw that gives 6% lifesteal. The LoH on early claws only goes to waste if you're rushing CI, the change to claws and addition of Ghost Reaver makes it a more meaningful decision of when to take CI (and you can still take CI and upgrade to %leech claws before you get to all the chaos damage in act 2 merciless), as opposed to before when it was a get it ASAP node.

TL;DR the new node isn't useless with claws, it's just more useful later on in the game. You can still get life leech from gear and passives and take GR whenever you want, and you'll definitely be able to use it when you're at the end-game content.
So.. does ghost reaver suck for witch spells.. Most life leech seems to be physical only :/ I made a build that will use life leech support gem.. but its all just theory since I dont have a high enough witch to really test it.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
For a spellcasting witch, I wouldn't necessarily say it sucks, but it isn't outstanding either. 4% leech from the gem isn't enough to maintain your ES all the time, but it's enough to help keep your ES up longer during combat. GR it's primarily aimed towards melee as a source of ES generation. Before GR, melee constantly had to disengage from combat whenever ES got low or risk dying, which was very disruptive to the flow of gameplay. Thanks to GR, a melee with CI can now stay in combat just as long as a melee with HP, but the HP melee still gets the advantage of being able to pop a life flask for emergency healing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info