ingame stash navigation

As the title says the ingame stash navigation is a nightmare.
I know that this game is still in closed beta and that's why i'm offering this suggetion.
I'm only a supporter and got myself 5 extra tabs making me have now whole 9 tabs but if i go bronze late this month and get more tabs "you never have enough" what will it look like have a gazlion tab and not having the memory to remember where the armors from the rings unless i brows through all of them.

So how about this:

1- you can rename your own tabs to suite your needs as in "armor" "rings" "maps "....etc.

2- we can chose from different icons that can be put instead of the names or numbers AKA an icon for rings and another one for boots...ETC.

3- have sub-tabs so let's say i remember that my armor pieces are say under number one and once i click this i get to chose from sub-tabs that i've renamed myself with whatever name i like.

This by no means a demand it's just something to ease the inventory/stash management to a bearable degree.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
Naming of tabs is (pretty much?) confirmed as an upcoming microtransaction feature.

Personally I think icons might be a bit overkill considering images tend to take more screen estate, at least heightwise, compared to text labels. I've seen coloring mentioned though which might be enough?

Sub-tabs would be awesome but I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I suppose we will know more closer to OB. :)
I would love to see keyboard navigation of tabs. Maybe using < and >. I hate using the mouse to navigate through menus/tabs, and I'd personally much rather just hit some keys on my keyboard to scroll from tab to tab. Maybe even add another macro, : and " (just above < and >) to scroll 10 at a time?
"
flappity wrote:
I would love to see keyboard navigation of tabs. Maybe using < and >. I hate using the mouse to navigate through menus/tabs, and I'd personally much rather just hit some keys on my keyboard to scroll from tab to tab. Maybe even add another macro, : and " (just above < and >) to scroll 10 at a time?

There is already this feature in the game lol. Try using arrow keys..
But it is a bit useless as normally we keep our hands near 1-5 numbers and hotkeys right under them. Moving the hand to arrow keys is slower then clicking with a mouse.

Last edited by Torin on Sep 8, 2012, 2:12:35 PM
Oh well I'm dumb then. Haha. I could have sworn I tried it! Maybe my map was open and it scrolled around the map instead.

But regardless, I could move my hand to the arrow keys while in town, It'd allow for quicker switching than clicking and all that, especially when moving an item from tab to tab.
I'd say download the PoE helper chrome extension, but the new patch broke it. So wait til its fixed and then download it. it's such a godsend.
For me the biggest issue with my stash is the Gems.

I have 1 tab full of gems, plus some more in a second tab. If I need to search for say, a "Molten Shell" gem, it's a freakin nightmare because I have to mouse over every red gem.

I suggest making a seperate tab for gems, which would be a text List of gems names (with level and quality) in alphabetical order, arranged in 3 colums (1 for each color) in a Gems Tab. Maybe 1 tab for skill gems and 1 tab for supports.

Last edited by Thalandor on Sep 10, 2012, 2:40:14 PM
These futures have to be ingame not through the use of a 3rd party tool.

They are very easy to implement because you can already change the order of your stash tabs so why not make it in sub tabs.

I can't imagine managing 20+ tabs.

Things like these are expected in a game where loot hording is a daily job.

I hope the developers think about this because this+ the vendor screens "allowing us to buy say 5 fussing at a time" are expected.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
I have tabs for all sorts of things. 1 tab for currencies and uniques, 1 tab for gems, 1 tab for flasks, 1 tab for belts/rings/necklaces, several tabs for strictly Ranger gear, several tabs strictly for Marauder gear, several tabs strictly for Witch gear, 1 tab for future build endgame/midgame gear, and all the rest of the tabs are for Orb of Alch production.

Yea, being able to name tabs would really be a neat feature.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info